Watchman trailer up

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Boardwise, Oct 22, 2008.

1. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Well I bet they only added Rorschach and Veidt saying Watchmen for the trailer because the casual moviegoer may not make the connection between "Crimebusters" and Watchmen.

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

No, you're remembering correctly, I don't recall any Crimebusters photo either.
    I suppose it comes down to how exactly you want the film to replicate the comic. For me, having a Watchmen team isn't that big of a deal, I suspect it's something they had to do to simplify the overall story to make it run smoothly as a movie.
    As long as the core of the story is preserved I'm fine with everything I've seen so far, except for the notion of Veidt's plan being nothing more than a bomb in Manhattan because that defeats the purpose of his plan in the first place. I don't mind if there's no alien space squid but the threat has to be kept otherworldly in order to be in keeping with Veidt's plan. Even if it's a space ship crash or something, just keep it alien.

3. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm really hyped for this movie! Seeing the new trailer has gotten me even more excited! :D 

I haven't read the graphic novel, but I'm hoping I'll get it for Christmas so I can read it and know the original story. I'm pretty much a Watchmen fan in the making. :) 

4. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Go get it now. I got it for a tenner or something from HMV, it won't break the bank.

5. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Am I the only one bothered by the random slow-motion?
    Look at around 2:04 on the trailer to see what I mean...

6. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much, yes. Slow motion is very effective when used correctly.

Unrelated, I hope that some of the more "out there" stuff isn't toned down for the film (i.e. Rorschach's origin).

7. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

But it's being by 300 guy. That wasn't effective, it just mad jarring fight sequences. If I want to see someone doing something really quickly, I want to see done quickly. Using slo-mo to highlight speed just annoys me.

Ah well, maybe it's just me...