Washington State Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by artiepants, Jan 3, 2003.

1. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

If I had a job with good money then I would love to get the SDCC one... the box is SICK!

Going to have to save up for the normal one though... granted Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman gets top priority for me! :thumb 

Do you have collateral? That might help?

Madness... I dont believe you guys.. it's a hoax isn't it?! ... media says economy and employment is getting better.. WAIT.. how many of us on here lost their jobs and cant find one? :confused2 

Darn it... walmart down in vancouver, WA had 2 pegs clogged with them when I was down there 2 months ago... I bought I think 2 for Jimmy... I'll ask Ashley's sister if there are any left... long shot though :( 

Pass... I only like shooting people on my PS3, mentally can't handle military life. I have friends who are messed up now because they enlisted in both :cry 

I agree, it is hard sometimes to deal with things that fall apart in our lives.

We all handle and process things mentally in a different way. We all know it's a mental choice, but depressive thoughts are habit forming and that is why counseling and support from friends (thought being depressed leads to being reclusive) is a HUGE helping factor.

Some of you don't know what depression feel like and what it does to you.

Cliche sayings tend to make things worse for people who struggle with depression... I know from experience and it's a REALLY difficult thought pattern to break :( 

Calling professionals, counseling and medication was the only way to stabilize myself.

I highly encourage those of you who also battle depression to do the same and take steps for stability.

It wont fix the things in your life, but it will help you mentally cope with what's going on and help smooth out your thoughts.

No matter your area, you can look up "Sea Mar Clinic" in your area for help. They helped me.

It's a start! :thumb 

2. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I've dealing with Major Depression for 6 years, along with a serious social anxiety disorder(ever wonder why I don't make the meet-ups, or pm you guys into oblivion?). People without these things going on usually have good intentions, but the ordinary stuff doesn't work, and it can be really frustrating for people who are trying to help.

It's a set of switches in the brain that have been flipped. We don't really get much choice in the matter. It not only results from tough situations, it also contributes to the continuation of these situation. It colors are whole world view and self-image, so much that everything is probably just peachy, we just can't really tell.

There is free councilling to be had. There are research studies at UW that you can get into for help as well. Perithimus, or anyone else, please PM me if you need info.

3. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

I haven't been clinically diagnosed with depression, but I used to suffer from it. Life-long overweight, no friends, and angry at the world because I didn't know how to fix it. Well, I took hold of my life, lost all of my weight (although I've gained back since), made some friends by being myself instead of moody, and stopped being angry because the world doesn't care how I feel. Even though I'm overweight again, (working on it again) I am a much happier person, and I have made some friends, thanks to TFW. I do also know what it's like for the people that cannot pull themselves together and need clinical and medicinal help, as my wife is depressed, and has to take medication. If she misses a day, holy shit, don't get in her way. Every person is different, and some do need medication, and I do understand, so please don't say that I don't. I'm just trying to spread my message and say that it can happen without medication, but for some people it can't. Sure wish I was on that side of the mountains so I could lend some moral support much easier than from here. It's tough seeing people going through tough times and not being able to do much of anything for them.

4. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    Dude i know what your going through i have it too....it hinder my dating, social life, and work and now under proper medication im doing ok, but much to the unknown when you mention it to other people who dont have a grasp of the concept thinks theres something wrong with us you know .... like were mentally not there or socially in ept.....so i know how you feel.

5. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    UNCLE! UNCLE! I give in. We most certainly need a meet up. We all need to be able reassure each other face to face that the crew is here for each other. I can't afford to rent my cabana in my complex but I willing to host a small meet up at my pad. I've got a 46" big screen TV with some decent sound and both TF movies in my DVD collection. I am willing to host a small potluck styled meet-up. Consider it a chance for friends to cheer up friends.

If they're are any takers for my idea please let me know. I would likely try to set it up for a weekend I do not have my kids. So let's party!!! :music 

6. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're Transfans. we medicate with plastic crack. :bay 

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I am down for a meetup, but my next three Saturdays are already planned with my birthday, and two friend's kids birthdays, then I think we are into July 4th weekend. I may be able to swing the 18th since I think that party is early.

8. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

damn guys...this thread is depressing. ;)  But everybody's right. There's that cliche' saying..."You gotta grab the bull by the horns...yada yada yada." But it's true though. Shoot...most of you guys know that I was unemployed for almost 2 years. I just landed a job about a year ago which pays me half of what I use to make. But you adapt, make due with what you have and prosper. I'm still able to buy toys (though not at the quantities I'm use to). I always have clean clothes, a car to drive, roof over my head...you always gotta realize there's people worse off than you. Visit a third world country and you'll have a new appreciation for what you have.

Cheer up and ask for help if you need it. We're lucky to have this nice a group in Washington who always willing to lend a helping hand...

9. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I honestly appreciate it bro. I get depressed once in a while like eveyone else, but I have too much Irish tenacity to throw in the towel. One never knows what tomorrow may bring! I promise though, if I even need a rant session, I will let everyone in here know it!!:gen069: :wink: 

10. bombatron

bombatron adobocon

News Credits:
    Well said bro. I couldn't have said it any better.

Sometimes you have to hit the bottom before you get to the top...

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    woah, guess i missed out on some thread drama...

so, what with the front page news I checked out the Aurora Ross, nada but a lonely Seaspray. I also gandered at the 155th Marshall's for a leader Starscream, also nada.

I did however also find a Wreck-Gar, which i though about picking up for trade fodder, but instead decided to stash for if anyone is looking. PM me for the store and location.

hey, i guess it goes without saying, if anyone finds a spare Windcharger @ a Ross ahead of the scalpers, I'd def pay $10 or trade a Wheeljack, Thundercracker or Warpath....

12. ArchAngelz

ArchAngelz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woodinville TJ max had 4 BB Primes + 2 Banzitrons @ $10, 2 leader primes + 2 leader Starscreams @ $25.

Woodinville Ross had nada.

Same for me, if anyone finds a Windcharger or Grapple, I'd be willing to take them off your hands :) 

13. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    Oh shit, first of the TFC Not-Constructicons is up for pre-order. Done and done.

14. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    ^$600 for Devastator?? I think I'll wait and see how XFire-03 turns out. It may be worth the money, but it's tough to run that one through the cost/benefit filter.

I am, however, anxiously awaiting a review of Sonicron. The piece I saw at BotCon looked promising.

15. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey hey, im willing to host a meet up, i can get about 20-30 people in my apartment so ya :) 

16. rohrerprime25

News Credits:
    question how to remove paint????

17. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

90-99% Isopropyl Alcohol and something to scrub with, 70% if it's on a piece of clear plastic (any higher and the plastic will fog). Your wife should be able to get some from work, Safeway alcohol is nice and cheap. Be careful though because it'll remove any and all paint from the plastic.

What do you need it for? An idea of what you're doing could help me better understand, and maybe give better advice.

EDIT: For anyone that cares, I did a quick update video on my collection. Link's here, as well as in my sig. Not nearly what I should have at this point, but things had to be what they are.

Plenty of time to catch up while the movie stuff dominates.

18. rohrerprime25

News Credits:
    hay thanks kusanagi, i wanted to move the piant off of rts jazz mostly the stripes

19. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

I saw that, and I have no credit card, so I'd have to pay cash with my debit, and so that $97 plus shipping has dashed my hopes of snagging my favorite beast.

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Just stay away from the roof, I don't have the figure infront of me, but I beleive that is all painted. Unless you want to remove all the paint. You doing the G2 Reprolabels? If so, LMK how they look in person.

Yea, $600 for Devs is gonna probably be out of my league (even if it is spread over 6-12 months. I know if I add one piece to my POL I am gonna need to add em all since I had no real affinity for the individual figures.

Edit: Here's hoping for a cheaper boxset eventually