Was there ever a blue rainmaker MP?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by inturnmike, Jan 11, 2020.

1. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Hi did they ever release an MP BLUE rainmaker based off mp11? Official? 3p? KO? I was messing w the Target rainmaker set for Siege and then realized i only have a yellow and green MP jet, no blue one?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Well, there's the TRU Thundercracker. It's no further off than the TRU Acidstorm or Sunstorm if you're trying to make a trio.

3. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Naw, because the yellow jet in the rainmaker set (Nova Storm) isn't the same as the MP yellow jet (Sunstorm). The green rainmaker, Acid Storm got his own figure and bio long before they other two, prolly because they thought a green camo deco would sell (even though he wasn't actually camo in his cartoon experience). Same with Sunstorm, they came up with a figure and bio for him before the rest of the "Welcoming Committee". Amusingly enough, when they did come up with bios and figures for Bitstream and Hotlink, they released them at the 2013 botcon as "The Rainmakers", even though that's not who they were.

So its not that they only did 2 of the 3 Rainmakers as MP, they just did 1 of them, the other one was a Welcoming Committee guy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, since there were a ton of differences between the US and Japanese Sunstorm, you could pretty easily display both at the same time and repurpose one as a rainmaker, just like the US and Japanese Thundercracker!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Short answer, no.

Bit longer answer, iGear had planned to release a blue version of their MP-3 based seeker as the blue rainmaker (they had already released an e-hobby based orange Sunstorm). They also had a plan to release a green version for Acid Storm, no doubt planning these three to be their Rainmakers.

Eventually, it didn't happen. The green version was released in limited numbers as a prototype, Rain, when they got in trouble (a well-known customiser who made a living selling custom TF's complained to Hasbro about these and the USA based store that would sell one of the planned figures, a G2 Ramjet, as an exclusive got a C & D order from Hasbro; afterwards, all USA based stores removed the iGear seekers from their stores and iGear ceased production of these).

As for the blue version...it just dissapeeared. It was supposed to be released using the name Current (referencing the popular and eventual official name of Ion Storm), but that name was eventually assigned to the limited edition (prototype/cancelled exclusive) iGear clear purple seeker. But it was made in very limited numbers (one?). There's even a video review of it by peaugh all the way back in 2011. I thought it looked really good, especially since the iGear Thundercracker was light blue.
    PP-03C_Current  robot -- 02.jpg

That means that if you want one, you've got to make one. I agree with @psychography2 that the TRU Thundercracker could form the base (perhaps with some Starscream parts), although the difference between the Hasbro and TT version seems to be less than the pictures suggest).

(Oh, and although @gaseous clay is right, Sunstorm officially isn't a Rainmaker, I still think it's stupid and he is in my collection. I mean, you have two teams: the Rainmakers where everyone is called _storm and has special abilities, and the Welcome team where nobody is called _storm and nobody has special abilities (but which consists of a technician, programmer and historian). In which team does the character named Sunstorm with his special abilites fit best?)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1