Was Prime a Disappointment?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Mr JackatooTM, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    One point that has been used against Prime a lot was the drama behind Season 3 and the amount of wasted potential the show had.
    During the events of Season 3, according to a panel at TFCon
    -Costs so must per episode at one point that it prevented Hasbro from investing into TF for a while
    -Was supposed to take place on Cybertron but the new director scrapped it over night

I think that Prime's case is super frustrating. It was great at everything from voice acting to animation but then comes in writing. You can really tell the writers didn't really know what to do. There's really no main purpose to TFP throughout the whole series. For example, TF: Cybertron's purpose was from the Autobots to collect all 4 Cyber Planet Keys before the Decepticons did. Prime didn't have a main purpose like that.

So in your guys' opinion,do you think that Prime was a disappointment overall?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

Stories were better then RID (My Opinion!). I think the cost was a bit much having to pay both motion Capture actors and voice actors and the ratings didn't justify the costs. RID after all is a continuation of Prime (kid friendly version). RID is done with less CGI then Prime was

• Like Like x 2
  3. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I gess the costs were very unfortunate but from the little I heard of there original plans for season 3, I think we got lucky there.
    I mean Maximals and Predecons in a western sounds more like a wierd spin-off to me and Galvatron makeing Arachnid his queen seems very wierd as well.

Some time ago I saw someone saying someting like Prime is what pepole, that watched G1 as a kid, think G1 was.
    Given the amount of coments I saw, calling Prime the only good TF-show since G1, I gess that might be true.

Personaly I kinde like season 3. My problems with the show are Starscream and Kockout beeing the only interesting characters and that the writers barely managed to make an ongoing storyline.

4. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Prime had a better plot.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sadly yes.

I'm still lamenting the loss of that original 3rd season concept. That sounded way cooler than what we got, even if I loved Predaking.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'll have to mull it over.

Than Energon? Sure.

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I wasn't in the Transformers fandom when the show was airing, so I don't think I have a say.

8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on how high your expectations for the show were. My expectations for the show weren't very high at all, as I didn't really love any of the Transformers shows that had preceded it for the ten years leading up to it. So I ended up loving the show.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Prime was decent at the beginning and got slowly but steadily better throughout the first season, ending with one of the best cliffhangers the franchise has ever had. Then from the beginning of season 2 until the end of the series, Transformers Prime was one big disappointment after another. So much wasted potential.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was the best damn looking TF cartoon (and still is) that I've ever seen.

The stories were ok, not great, but ok.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

...And RID 2015

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That's not really a thing. I mean, you could go back and watch it.

You don't have to have watched a show as it was airing to have an opinion of it. You just have to have seen it in some capacity.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My disappointment is that prime ended with season 3.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Um you can just watch the show on Netflix or Dailymotion lol

15. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:
    Google+:
    I agree

16. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    It is a dissapointment that they could not make more of a spectactle of the film. Thinking about what a spectacle the g1 movie was makes preds rising look like a drop in the ocean. Needed more charcters better world building, all in all a more dramatic step up than the series.

It is a shame things got so sour with production etc. The storyline was not actually that bad, what we could have got from what was intended despite being different characters slightly and different twist wasn't actually going to be much different from what we got. Still just a few more characters. Even if they had intended to go all the way with the writers it still would have faced the reality of you can't have more 3/4 new characters because of budget. So...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr JackatooTM

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Agreed 100%. Its sad that the whole thing went haywire during Beast Hunters, I would have loved to see it tale place on Cybertron. It was good but it had the potential to be amazing. I still enjoyed it however.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Strange Little Man

I personally hold it as my favorite Transformers series. I feel it best captures the strengths of the Transformers franchise, I like the characters, the humans don't annoy me, and I like the story as well. I do mourn the loss of the Season 3 we could have had, but I enjoy Beast Hunters well enough that I can be satisfied with it as our Season 3 of Prime. Predacons Rising was a little bit of a letdown, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It got disappointing long before Season 3.
    My issue with the show was how it kept insisting on keeping the status quo. Like they (randomly) brought in Unicron and promptly resolved him in three episodes, then the Orion Pax thing that lead to was also completely undone in another three episodes, and so on and so forth.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    For me it was, yeah. Good first season that had a few hiccups along the way. Second season was bad and made the first season retroactively worse thanks to the wasted opportunities it presented. Third season was better than season 2, but was still pretty bad considering the grand scheme of the plot. I thought Predacons Rising was alright, though.

There was a pretty decent Decepticon cast, each with something interesting to bring to the table, but pretty much all of them were wasted save for maybe Knockout. Didn't particularly like and of the Autobots save for Ratchet for the most part. I liked Smokescreen for a while, but the way they backpedaled his arc with the excuse that we were supposed to 'think' he was going to get development was the worst excuse. And he did next to nothing after that. I did like Bumblebee in Pred Rising, though, and I still like him in RID2015 to this day.

• Like Like x 1