Was Menasor the 2nd Combiner in the original cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Distant1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I would say Devastator was the first combiner in the G1 show. But he was created around 9M years ago, then in the 1980s Menasor comes along, shortly followed by Superion.

But in that 9M year gap, do you think there would have been other combiners built and most probably died before the 1980s?

Conversely, do you think that Megatron just concluded around 9M years ago that Devastator was pretty much a flop, and came up with other ways to battle the Autobots and the Guardian Robots?

2. streak2

streak2 lost in space rn

Twitter:
    I mean, 9 million years! (If you discount the amount they have been stuck) Probably, even if it was some sort of "hard to replicate" technology I pretty they are able to make more.
    I doubt Megatron would think it was a flop, Devastador may not be very smart but megatron just cares about him being destructive and all the better to follow orders.

3. Distant1

I meant that Megatron thought that Omega could handle Devastator quite easily around 9M years ago and perhaps there were other ways to beat the guardian robots. After the war dragged on perhaps Megatron thought that there was not enough energy to make combiners a viable option until they got to earth.

4. streak2

streak2 lost in space rn

Twitter:
    That's a good point, combines probably do use a lot of energy, I still sure Megatron would try to push anough energy somehow and it would just end with another at least 1 team, but energy would be a good reason not to.

5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom TrypticonCarne on Seibertron

most likely but when was Predaking and Abominus made canonically? they just show up

6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Poetic Predacon, Deadpan Decepticon

Yeah they could easily be from the gap.

7. pokemonsdoom

true

• Like Like x 1
  8. Distant1

To me Predaking and Abonimus most likely were created by the Quintessons during their alliance with the Decepticons in S3.

9. pokemonsdoom

Thats my headcanon personally, or they were made before hand and "gifted" to the decepticons