Was Cyberverse a step up from RID15

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Dec 30, 2021.

?

What was better?

1. RID2015

25 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Cyberverse

63 vote(s)
    71.6%
  1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

So I finished Cyberverse season 4 and now that the show is over with I wanna ask was it better then RID2015 since that was the mainline show before. For me it is a yes but only because RID15 is at the bottom of all Transformers shows for me that I have seen and I have seen all US shows besides Rescue Bots Academy. Cyberverse was fine and had some ups and downs for me but I enjoyed it for what it was. I would say everything prior to RID15 would be above Cyberverse besides maybe RID01 could be tied with it. But Cyberverse was a decently made show that it the right spots for me to enjoy it. RID15 was a chore to watch and I was mostly only half watching it most of the time.

2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Cyberverse was definitely the better of the two.

• Like Like x 7
  3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cyberverse is better but i also like RID a lot, i dont seem to hold the same contempt for it that others strangely seem to

• Like Like x 2
  4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Not really, no.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Hmm, tough question. To me RID2015 and Cyberverse are almost the inverse of each other. RID2015 had a really good first season, but started getting stale and derivative of other Transformers shows after that. The Starscream plot with the Minicons was when I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Whereas Cyberverse started off very underwhelming, and got really good once the Starscream plot was over.

If we eliminate all the "meh stuff" and just look at the great parts, I honestly find them about equal. I don't find either great, but I do find them good...better than a lot of people seem to:

I liked the newness of RID2015. A different Autobot team dynamic than usual, and the Decepticons had evolved (or devolved) into something entirely different. It felt like the universe had progressed since Prime. And the idea of Bumblebee growing up and learning to be a leader was a nice progression of his arc in Prime.

I love the cosmic wackiness of Cyberverse. It's a case where the cheaper animation actually worked in favor of the show, because they were able to create more environments and characters. Cyberverse reminds me of the weirdness of G1, especially seasons 2 and 3. Encounters with weird aliens, alternate dimensions, and other types of Cybertronians on other planets.

If I had to choose, I think RID2015 wins by a little. For me it just captures the spirit of Transformers a bit better, by having the human element and having themes that feel a bit more important. To me RID2015 feels like a proper well-rounded Transformers show, whereas Cyberverse feels very fan-film...but a good one worth watching.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    about equal.

• Like Like x 2
  7. fallenspartan

fallenspartan Banned

Not really

8. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

Cyberverse and that's mainly because of how good the Quintesson arc in season 3 was.

The problem with RID2015 is that it's mere existence is a big steaming dump on TF Prime. Suddenly the autobots have no in-built weapons and it takes all of them just to take down the monster of the week Deception. Optimus needed a powerup to beat LAZERBEAK! That's how bad TF2015 was.

• Like Like x 7
  9. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Easily (in pretty much ever way IMO)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took Cyberverse 2 seasons to find its footing. After that it was great & I really enjoyed it.

But I enjoyed RID15 from start to finish with only a few episodes & such that I didn’t really care for.

So RID’s the winner in my book.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the minority that likes Cyberverse season 1. I love the pre-war stuff. This is something that's never been explored in the shows. It shows how the lived together and interacted.

The only thing I liked about RID15 is Grimlock being hilarious.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    I do think Cyberverse was better of the two though I think RiD2015 was more consistent, Cyberverse's first season was pretty rough to sit through and didn't get good until Grimlock showed up, but I enjoyed my time with RiD2015 throughout. I also think RiD2015 gets more hate than it deserves. I do like that both are different than what we've come to expect from Transformers franchises, with them both just giving characters time to hang out.

I think the only thing that gives Cyberverse an edge was the fact that RiD2015 was the fact the latter had a Villain of the Week model which just gets old

• Like Like x 2
  13. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    RiD15, it had a better run time and could actually take a moment without rushing through stories, character interactions, and fights. Bumblebee could talk, and was more serious, but he didn't act like a hyper kid on a sugar rush 24/7 and there were some really neat designs.

I liked the potential and cool ideas that CV had, but it lost me early on by rushing through everything. Sorry.

14. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I voted cyberverse (I never watched it) just to screw over RID2015.

15. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Cyberverse and all, but it felt like an amateur piece at times, both writing and production wise (AWFUL AWFUL dreadful voice acting). RID15 was a kids cartoon that knew what it was doing and had more genuine character chemistry than anything in Transformers Prime, which Cyberverse does too mind you, but atleast when watching RID I can have the benefit of the characters being voiced by actual professionals and action scenes that don't feel like SFM experiments on Youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Cyberverse was...A step. There were things I liked, it did interesting things that I was all for (Quintesson arc, for example). Overall I'd still say RID'15 was the better show.

17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    It's pretty sad how many folks honestly seem to think Cyberverse was a 'step up' from RID15, a show that while not amazing is easily better than Cyberverse... lol

Then again this same fandom still hasn't gotten over it's complex regarding Beast Machines despite it being one of the most ambitious and tightly written shows we ever got, just because the designs look different.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

They're both "eh" in my opinion. Cyberverse has less focus but more energy. I'd rank it above RID15 just because it's not as boring.

19. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    Cyberverse is extant (and very hatefully written at points from what I've seen).
    RiD 2015 is incredibly aesthetically pleasing.

Those are my opinions I guess. :v

20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Bumblebee recovers his voice in Season 2 and calms down about 2/3rds into Season 1 after he recovers his memories. He also ceases to be the main focus of the show.

Honestly, you should try Cyberverse again starting with Season 2 - I think you'd really, really like it. The beginning of Season 2 reminds me of sitting down as a kid and having a war with my Transformers on the bedroom floor. There's a certain joy to the series that had been missing that the writers seemed to have rediscovered.

But also, the series could be absolutely brutal. There's more main character deaths in Cyberverse than several prior series put together but you don't get to witness that until Season 2 on.

There's also nothing better than Megatron finally having enough of Starscream that, for a good minute, he slow walks a beat down on him before he finally murders him. (Starts around 3:14)

(63) Transformers: Cyberverse - Megatron Kills Starscream - YouTube