Warring at Play

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Polenicus, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    :lol  @ Unicron. :lol  "She's insane!" :lol 

The bet was funny, too.

I hope to resume my comic soon... I kinda hit a no motivation, not empty house, complex story lines I have to tie together & too ambitious backgrounds kind of wall. I have new motivation, which if I get what I hope I get (I won another giveaway, but won't know which of my top 5 picks of prizes I get until it gets here -- one is a Figma, whose series I am VERY familiar w/; it's at the top of the list I sent in) that will change the direction of how I get everyone regrouped to leave Cybertron. (The others are back to work, too.) While I wait to see if I get the Figma, I think I'll work on a proper Voltron update, & perhaps another one in the Prime Universal Stream that's become attached to my main Universal Stream.

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Nice to see WAP is back. There gonna be a conclusion to the convention comic or are you gonna abandon that and get back to the main story?

3. AndreaPrime101

AndreaPrime101 AP101

Wow, and I thought I had a lot of crap. Hope you can sort things out!

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

does this most recent move mean that the existing main storyline may be wrapping soon? (I imagine you shot most of the most recent chapter before the move, and it needs to be fully fleshed out) Just that I know it would be difficult to suddenly change the setting of MP Megatron's War on everything not in the Altenators/ Binaltech/ Masterpiece price range while the main collection is once again showing more of a Main Line feel. Or once the Main Story wraps (Scourge's Dark Master, Megatron and Optimus' Final Battle , CI Starf's looming encounter with a reprogrammed Tigris and Vitulus as well as Mur, Arnval's coma, the Survivors struggle with the Dark Entities and maybe Grimlock rejoining the main group his secret weapon....how's that for a cliff notes recap?) we get a all new comic where the stakes aren't as high using all lines (including figures "killed" / "wounded" or "missing" thanks to Megatron )and see a more line inclusive strip?

5. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    ...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, huuuh

Seriously, I don't think so. I mean, he mentioned being in a house that's just a block or two away, with the same floor plan, so no, I don't think he'll be forsaking the original storyline JUST YEEEET.

get back in the sack

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:lol 

Awesome status update.

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'm going to finish it up, as I still need to do some set construction for the WaP stuff anyway.

This move isn't going to be factored in 'in-universe', simply because A) The house is almost exactly the same, just minus a lot of decay and clutter, and B) Since is was a kind of spur of the moment move, I didn't allow for it within the comic, and I don't want to derail the current storyline just to accommodate a change of local that most people are probably not even going to notice.

8. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Alright, no drastic changes (I had to ask)

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    So, in short, it's going to be just like that one part of the 4400 when the clairvoyant girl is erased in the present timeline and reality itself is altered to be as if she was never involved in people's lives namely through nothing more than changing some furniture around in a few rooms in some houses.

10. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smile!!!!!

11. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    If windcharger meets pinkie then that'd be a heck of a gushy moment.

12. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

Will the pony be coming back later? I mean, it did destory Unicron :p 

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

That was awesomely funny except for the pony I really wanted to see die. Then she turned all...smiley. Damn it...

Also, just because I want to know...who won that bet between the WFC's? I want to say Op, but it wasn't as clear after I looked at it again.

So yeah. Update is cool! And I hate ponies. More than Shinkies. That spells it out, I think.

14. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Megatron won the bet. Op was handing Megs the cash.

Optimus bet that the Autobots had a chance, & Megatron, knowing how foolhardy that idea was, accepted.

If you look at the 2 panels, using Page Up/ Page Down, the "animation" effect is Optimus whipping money out to pay the bet, while still watching the slaughter. Had Optimus won, he'd've looked back to see if Megatron either took out the money or raised his cannon (really, you think Megatron would actually pay up?).

15. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Optimus is paying Megatron, as Keith said.

It's funny how the two things tend to polarize. Either you hate them and wonder what is wrong with people, or they burrow into your brain, never letting up, urging you and taunting you to buy more, infecting your fevered dreams until finally...!

Errr... or you like them, I mean. Yeah. Heh...

16. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Well, at least my fevered dreams aren't being infected by technicolor horses. :p 

17. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Look, there's only one way to solve this problem, and that's to confirm whether or not ponies will magically get involved in the WaP main storyline.

To be honest, I really just want to see what happens when CI's Strarf tries to comprehend Pinkie Pie.

EDIT: I just now realized you have Partio's box visible in the clutter behind ACO. I thought you told me back when I asked for permission to use ACO for the Pomock/Partio review that you had access to one but she wasn't technically yours? Or maybe I'm remembering things wrong, since that was a LONG time ago...

18. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

If they do, they'll most likely be agents of whatever the Dark Entities serve. The jury is out on whether they'll be comic relief or diesel-grade nightmare fuel, though.

That would explain why she's screaming in Pol's sig...

Maybe he just bought it. Ever think of that? :p 

19. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Better known everywhere else as Theatre Josh

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I vote nightmare fuel. I feel like Polenicus could really pull that off.

20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    He's had that sig since before FIM existed.

You probably don't know this, but Partio is really f***ing hard to find these days, and of the few that can be found they're all extremely, prohibitively expensive unless you get lucky on Mandrake. My Partio was the last one BBTS had in stock years ago and I jumped when Pomock was also available and on sale (which is funny considering I initially never even wanted Partio, just Pomock...)

I would suspect Pol would be celebrating his acquisition publicly had he gotten her recently.

Oh, this show actually has plenty of that. I'd post pics, but since this is Pol's territory I'll refrain from doing so.