WARNING: TFSOURCE account billing info compromised! (May 2011)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DarthMagnificus, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    that was my point earlier. how is he exactly "looking into the situation" if he's not even acknowledging that there's a problem with TFSource and has already passed the blame on their 3rd party credit card site. Like I said, this is sweep under the rug time and their just waiting it out until this thread gets forgotten...again

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm making sure people know about it, I keep posting the issue on their facebook page. Funny thing is they never reply to my posts, shows they just don't care.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource pays to sponsor TFW, not the other way around. It would take a rip off of epic proportions to remove them.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    (see Ages 3 and Up)

5. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

What happened with Ages 3 and Up?

6. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, if it's the 3rd party CC site's issue, then he should, I dunno.... find a different CC company? And then maybe tell people what's being done?

Even if it's NOT TFsource fault technically, it's horrible, horrible customer service not to address it.

7. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I wonder if it's possible to report TF Source to the Better Business Bureau or something, get a third party that knows what it's doing to look into the matter and see what's really going on.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Reminder - we don't allow the discussion of groups gathering to take any type of legal action against another user, entity, etc., on these forums. You can do whatever you want to off the boards, but we do ask that you do not include the boards in your organization, etc., of anything.

9. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

This is the definition of sponsorship. This is exactly what I have been saying. This is exactly what is wrong with the situation as it stands: TFW is taking money from TFSource in exchange for advertising. They are being paid by a sub-par, shady business to advertise TFSource to our community as if it is a good place to shop. This is wrong and it should be stopped immediately. TFW accepting sponsorship from TFSource after all that they have done to cause financial harm to this community is reprehensible.

I'm not sure if you were somehow confused about my meaning or...well, I have no idea what was going on with that post, but I cannot make it much clearer than this.

edit: Maybe it was my custom title that was confusing...there's not a lot of space, so I changed it.

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's like TFW taking Bernie Madoff's money to post his add on the site they CAN take the money but at the end of the day it's not the kind of add you want on your site

11. darkwingduck13

The point is, they can choose which sponsors to accept and which to refuse. With TFW being one of the biggest voices of our fandom, they have a responsibility to do the right thing by the community.

12. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    You concern, and others who have voiced similar, have been noted. There is no need to discuss it further in this thread.

For anyone that further wants to clarify their point on this, you may PM me directly. I will note it, but will most likely not respond directly.

Keep the thread on topic, related to factual statements of fraud on your personal accounts, and non-speculative reasoning that leads you to one source or another. Anything else is off-topic and can be regulated by normal board rules for those actions.

13. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Mine too, to some dating website. I've had to get new cards, get my money back, ect. I'll never do business with TFSource again, ever.

14. shin_hibiki

shin_hibiki Member

I finally got hit this morning as well. Chase's fraud department called to ask if I had ordered from Netflix, a couple of florists, and a bunch of other stuff (they didn't go through the whole list). Card cancelled, and I'll have to go through the transaction dispute paperwork once they send it. At least their detection algorithms spotted it in short order, but a lot of damage can be done in a short time. I haven't even used the card at TFSource for a long time, but the info was still stored there (or rather at authorize.net--the turds that should really be forced to answer for this BS) until they finally purged the database the other day.
    By the way, if anyone here has a Hotmail account, did it force you to change your password yesterday? That's never happened to me in all the years I've been using it, so I can't help wondering if there's a connection somehow.

15. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I got a response today from when I emailed them on Monday (?) asking them what they were doing to fix the issue. I got the same vomited up response as I did when I emailed them a few weeks back asking them delete my account (see one of my previous posts for this information). I actually thought the first email I got from them was unique to me, apparently not.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  16. darkwingduck13

Fortunately, no one in this thread has broken or disrespected the forum rules that I'm aware of. Kickback headed off the one about discussing legal action.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, after 15 days, I got a response:

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    that there is one sad ass pre-canned response...it basically is a rehash of what they sent to folks that got caught up in the first round of this crap last year...

19. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    As bad as the situation is I really don't know what more Curt can say. The situation sucks and I'm sure he feels absolutely gutted as his business, that he clearly has put a lot of hard work and passion into is having customer after customer report issues and very publicly bailing from doing future business. I do wish he had handled it differently and gotten out in front of it, send an e-mail blast that his customers should keep a close eye on their accounts because their processor may have been hacked. I think that simple step would have been a small bruise to TFSource, but nowhere near the PR fiasco it has quickly snowbaled into since then. I feel really bad for Curt, I've been there seeing posts bashing my business. When I bought my store there was quite a bit of nerd-rage because one of the regulars didn't buy it...the fact that he wasn't able to come up with the funding after more than a year and a half of the store being up for sale and the owner was at the 'if someone doesn't step up this month I'm announcing a going out of business sale' point was apparently irrelevant and an angry group of geeks tried to drive me out of business...fortunately I survived, and am trying to rebuild my customer base and hopefully Curt and TFSource will survive as well.

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I understand what you are saying. But I think Curt still needs to step up. Responding to emails sent to him is one thing. He should rewrite that canned response a bit and send it out to ALL customers who have used any kind of card on that site. There are customers who are unaware of the situation still. They should be notified even if its a canned vague response. That is the right way to handle it and something that still needs to be done.

Another nice step would be a simple one time post on facebook. Customers have a right to know that their information may be stolen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.