Warning: Big files! MTMTE Binaltech Profiles

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wreckie, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

windcharger looks great!

2. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Ah, yes. This one caused me a bit of confusion at first too. Normally the Alternators and Binaltech toys are the same characters, with different names. (Streak instead of Silverstreak, Meister instead of Jazz, etc.)

Trouble is, Overdrive isn't Takara's name for Windcharger. They're two completely different individuals. And when looking at the Binaltech story, Overdrive's unique abilities play an important part. Unlike the others, you can't just substitute Windcharger for Overdrive without re-writing half the background story.

And I'm just too damn lazy to do that. :D 

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Those are awesome, man. I love the MTMTE layout. And Dan's art looks perfect for that layout. Kudos! Can't wait to see more!

4. Demaar

Demaar Banned

Probably for the best, anyway. As far as I know, even Hasbro intended him to be Overdrive, and his backstory is that much cooler. I think you made the preferable choice :) 

5. Bowspearer

Bowspearer Banned

Wreckie, first off, I have to say that overall they're that brilliant that they could pass for an "official" publication. However I've noticed some typos you might want to patch up. In Dead End's bio under weapons/abilities, in the 4th line you've written 'alo' instead of also. In Jazz's profile under weapons/abilities, on the first line you've got 'agilityin' when I'm sure you mean 'agility in'. Under the Bio section of Hound's profile, it looks like you might have left a space out between 'afinity' and 'with' although that may just be the way the font displays things.

The other thing you might want to look at is the choice of font, as it seems to have some really screwy justification goingon. For example in one of the bios, the word "clearly" looks like the word "dearly".

6. Wreckie

Ebay:
    Thanks for the praise everyone. And thanks for the corrections, Bowspearer. It's always helpful to have a new pair of eyes looking at my work: they see things that my poor, bloodshot coronas miss. ;) 

The font is actually Arial, I think. The spacing is perfectly normal... and yet it occasionally comes out all wonky. Of course, this could have something to do with the ancient version of Photoshop I'm using. I'll have a play around with it and see if I can improve it at all.

Cheers everyone!

7. Wreckie

Ebay:
    I've edited the old posts and uploaded new versions of Dead End, Jazz and Hound's profiles with the corrections.

If anyone notices any other errors, please let me know, because I want these to be as good as possible. Gotta do justice to the artist's work.

By the way, if anyone feels like contributing art, here's a list of characters I'm still searching for:

Smokescreen GT (The BT so nice they released him twice.)
    "Zoom-Zoom" (the red Meister)
    Swindle
    Grimlock
    Ravage (grr!)
    Shockwave (or Laserwave. Or (if you really must) Shockblast)
    Wheeljack
    Prowl (either in his every day uniform or his blue "Sunday best")

And then there's Skids and Decepticharge and Swerve and Sunstreaker and...

8. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    are you going to do the blue or yellow tracks? or both :D  I am saving all these to print out and put into a booklet for referance, I LOVE them

9. Wreckie

Ebay:
    Tracks :D 

As the yellow version isn't officially a different character (in the official story, Tracks can just change colour at will) I won't be doing a separate profile. (What do I look like, a guy who ain't lazy? :huh )

Attached Files:

10. Bowspearer

Bowspearer Banned

Wreckie, check your pms on dm.net. Might have a possible solution to your "photoshop problem".

11. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey Wreckie, any plans on continuing these works of art?

12. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There's really no need to bump a 6 month old thread for that. The PM system works wonders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.