1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Atomsplitter, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Did a search, and didn't get any results. Did anyone pick this game up yet? I havn't found one yet, i'm just looking to hear some feedback about the full game.

I wasn't crazy about the beta myself, but i'll still be getting the full game to check it out.

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I dont think my computer can run it :( 

I know one thing about the game that seems a little interesting. Apparntly you choose a commander that fits a particular play style, like offence, defence, zerg rush (Tyranid?), etc... And your army will perform a differently depending on your choice of commander. The commander also has his own little level up system.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

You have to perform differently, your squads are the same.

It plays nothing like the previous DoW, more like Company of Heroes, but on a smaller, tighter, scale.

Too much micromanaging for my liking.