Warhammer 40,000+Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SG Roadbuster, Oct 9, 2016.

1. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm curious, how much overlap there is between the Transformers and Warhammer 40k fandoms.
    on a related note: how many of you lot would like to see a crossover betwixt the two?
    i personally think the vehicles would make for awesome alt modes.

2. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Chaos Decepticons would be awesome. Like, imagine if instead of Unicron, Galvatron & co. were heralds of Khorne.

3. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
  4. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Or Unicron would BE Khorne.

But let's face it, how can you have Transformers and NOT have them tied to Tzeentch?

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Cant work. The cybertronians would be declared alien scum by the human inquisition and systematically exterminated. And then any survivors would be condemned by the martian machine worshipers and destroyed by them.

The nature of war hammer is far darker than you would think on the surface.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I've seen a couple TF themed WH40K armies over the years, but ... meh, keep em separate I think.

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I always thought Thunderblast could be tied to Slaanesh.

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ork vehicle Junkions.
    Predacons with Tyrannid alt modes.
    Necrons in service to Unicron
    Hive City Metrotitans

9. ultra badness

ultra badness Well-Known Member

Masterpiece is in the same scale as 40k. Which is pretty cool.

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thematically they're very different. Keep them separate and awesome, like chocolate muffins and pizza.

11. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This reminds me of a fanfiction story I saw in a wiki, the guy said his story was inspired by Warhammer. Transformers of the story were extremely overpowered. It was said that in order to destroy a single nanobot of a Transformer armor, you need an explosion that can destroy a planet.

12. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have a picture of it anymore but 15'ish years ago when I still played 40k I took a Gundam kit and a Lemun Russ and made a 40k Megatron and used it in one or two friendly games. I can't remember what stats I gave it but it was a lot of fun. I always assumed that Cybertronians would just hide in plain site and fit in with the rest of the unnumbered war machines.

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I have my MP Prowl standing in a display next to my WIP Crimson Fists Vanguard and Sternguard squads, and I can tell you that this is absolutely false.

And yeah, I'm game with keeping them separate. I enjoy both franchises for different reasons. A one-off issue or miniseries is fine. If the world broke, the Ultraverse came back into publication, and they wedged either TFs in that world or vice versa, I would probably not enjoy it.

14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Cult Mechanicus would either proclaim Optimus Prime to be the Emperor Reborn or try to capture/kill all of them for the technology while hiding it from the Inquisitions forces as alien tech, or the Inquisition would proclaim all Cybertronians heretics and call for the Exterminatus of Cybertron, or the Legions would declare a holy war against the treacherous aliens. Meanwhile, the Eldar would sit back and laugh at man's ignorance, the Tau would shoot at everyone and claim it was for the greater good (or whatever), the Orks would want to hang out with the Junkions and the Tyranids would think Cybertronian 'flesh' has a coppery taste.
    Chaos in general would, well, try to kill everyone. Well, except the Iron Warriors who would have hydraulic envy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dachande

News Credits:
    Yeah, the scale is not even in the same realm. WH40K uses 'heroic scale', so everything's a bit off. Heck, even the troops are out of scale with the vehicles they use.

But yeah, keep these franchises as far away from each other as possible.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I played in the 90's early 2000's mostly as Orks and guard. I think the 2 property's are just too different to ever mix.

From a lore perspective The Empire would purge every TF possible as AI or rather any machine intelligence was the reason behind the dark age that destroyed the old human empire, The Orks would just pull them apart for bits, Eldar I'm 100% sure would not care. Tau would do the same thing they do with anyone else (join or die) Necrons, Tyranids and choas would just wreck them. Just a numbers game really lets be generous and say their are 4 million tf's. Well Tyranids alone are in the trillions and replicate at a rate that's just insane. And then theirs possession give it 20mins and you would have every TF being just a puppet to some dark god.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    "We've been fighting the False Emperor for ten thousand years!"
    "That's it? We have been fighting each other for four million years now."
    "FOUR MILLION YEARS?! That's ridiculous. That's a ridiculous number."

If there were ever to be a cross-over, I'd like to see the Transformers turn into stuff like an Ork construct or a Blight Drone or a Tyranid of some sort, something with an aesthetic we just would never even get close to otherwise.

18. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    tf geek, and 40k passionate. I tried painting an army and playing it some 10 years ago. now i follow the lore occasionally. 3 of my Imperial fist army stand with my autobot section

19. Dachande

News Credits:
    I really don't see any but the Tau fitting in with Transformers at all.

When I used to play, I did the Dark Eldar, Iyanden Eldar, Emperors Children and Night Lords, but my all time favorite are the Tyranids.
    Gads I miss the chittering masses...

20. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    to be fair, you should be comparing the 'human' of 40.000 years from now to tf from 40k from now. yes they haven't 'evolved' much in 4 million years but a LOT of things are changing with current idw, you know titans returnin, hotspots reactivating, the discovery of female autobots, etc. So Lets just 'ASsUME' (go with it..) that if they ... belonged to same universe.. then the tf of 40k years from now would have adapted to the warfare and... problems stuff of that period.
    basically they would have adapted to 'war by the billions' planet nuking, giant ant armies bla bla,

so... Considering, cybertronian level of technology (lets peak it with beast wars time medling?) and their.. knack for it, and the empires lack of a knack for technology (in 40k tek is like magic; a lost art barely understood) then i feel cybertronians could have more of chance than you gave them.

no?