Wardog Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

War dog review:
    Despite all the reviews I watched on you tube about Bad Cubes War dog, the tank mode in my opinion made me say hot damn! When I have this bad ass WWII tank in my hand I was in awe at the detail and impressed with crimson and gray paint apps on the tank! Also the tank turret rotates that's major plus in my book.
    War Dog is the perfect name for this figure that's homage to G1 Warpath. With its intimidating alt mode and super beefcake bot mode, War dog is well worth 120 dollars in my book. Consider an absolute 'bang' for your buck! War Dogs engineering is very clever but it's not over engineered. From my prospective it's engineered enough to get needed articulation one will need to get him in some dynamic poses. Of all the figures that transforms into tanks have treads. War dog on the other hand has got 'TREADS'. From the treads that beef out his already robust arms all the way to his sturdy feet. Meaning you don't have to worry about him holding poses or standing on any surface your heart desires.
    Good:
    Actually War dog is all good in my book he's short muscular frame is impressive. His head sculpt is right on! I dig the color of his eyes; silver face and unique face plate that makes his war mug pop out and say...Your day just got worst!

Quality:
    Outstanding he feels very secure once you hold him in your hand. Transforming War dog, you will have to line things up so it click into place. When it does you don't have to worry about it tabbing out at all. When it comes to War dog holding his gun and shield, a trick is involved in holding it securely. I watched reviews on how to do it. Second I practice getting his gear in and out of his hand. I even gave it the old shake test to see if anything popped off. Trust me collector fans, War dog death grip cannot be broken therefore you will have a time getting them out of his hands. The trick is open his hands up and get the plastic gun or shield over and his hand Next close his hands up and everything, literally slips into place. Sounds easy you say? Its take your time practice it for a while to get the hang of it.

Bad:
    Not a fan of folding the shield up and placing it on his 'already' busy back. To get to the point here's what I am talking about. In my opinion it's a tad much, he can hold poses no doubt but I don't like putting it on him for this reason. It's pain in the ass of getting it off. If you did this already, let me help. Best way to get it off is take the gray flaps out of the grooves on the back and line them up, to loosen the red back pack up a bit. It got loose enough for me to slide and gently pull it off. I wish the red tab piece was somewhat flexible to get it on and off without holding my breath removing it.

Overall:
    On my hard scale of 1 to 10 I give War dog a solid 10! He lives up to 'transformer' you will have to transform him over and over again to get use to transforming him. After a few attempts you will get the hang of transforming him. If you dig my reviews and take me up on my word, I say buy him he's worth your cash and time.

Attached Files:

2. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

Dark Humor Pictures

Having a bit of fun on my day off. Enjoy my dark humor favoring Wardog telling it like it is. Since I am at 104 views why not shoot for more views. Will add more pictures later on after that moving on to another review.

Attached Files:

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just recently received this figure, and just a few words from me:

It looks GREAT in both modes. The aesthetic isn't 100% "Masterpiece," but the way it's made fits it right in line with the others. The scale in both modes is very nice. I really can't see another "Warpath" figure made to beat this one out - hence my purchase.

The real weakness of this figure is the over-complex transformation. There are a few places where making something simpler would have just been better. An example of this is the forearms. The pull up>out movement is really tight, and it's just unnecessarily cumbersome. "Cumbersome" is a good word overall, because it could have been made to transform with more fun in mind. There are several spots that feel fragile, and I feel they could have been designed not to feel this way. Not "cheap," mind you...just be careful transforming this.

Those are my general thoughts. I'm very glad to have it, but it's a far cry from "perfect" - despite being a overall masterfully made figure.

4. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I just got the veteran version today. Did anyone else find the instructions to be rather poor? Aside from it all being close-ups with no real context of which area of the toy you were supposed to be working on, my copy had a decidedly non-linear approach to step / page sequencing. It was very frustrating having to flip backwards and forwards in the booklet to follow the full sequence.

5. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just opened up my veteran version and my instruction guide was stapled together totally wrong so the step sequence was all over the place. If you follow the steps in the intended sequence the instructions are actually really quite good at showing you clearly what needs to happen, especially considering what a total complicated mess this figure actually is.

Looks great overall and I like the finished product but egad that transformation...... what a joyless affair that is, even for me and I love and prefer complicated bots. This goes beyond complicated and into the realm of fiddly and frightening. Those shoulders I fear are 100% destined to break. I already feel as though one of my shoulders is on the verge as the double jointed mechanism was super super tight. Interesting enough, watching Bobby Skullfaces review of the normal version he seems to have the same issue but doesn't directly talk about it. One shoulder was "OK" to do and the other took a lot of effort and unfortunately seems to have gotten stressed badly at the point where the double black hinges in the shoulder have to slide up and back down on the post.

All in all, I'm a little disappointed and not sure I'll keep him. It's a real mixed bag for me.