Warbotron_WB03D_Combine mode

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

Warbotron WB03-D
    Combine mode review
    WBO3-D_Has been named Ano (Ah-no)
    Finally got ole Ano combined and the wait was well worth it! In is well engineered combine self, Ano screams qc perfection! Warbotron has learned from their past mistakes with Combat Brute Bruticus and has made, in my opinion the combiner of the year! People wha-bulance about his over sized limbs, arms in particular. I don't know what the cry-baby issue comes from? Fact you have the option to collapse the legs on turbo ejector and double strike to have stubby arms like feral rex. Despite the hee-haw nay sayers Ano is perfect homage to GI Computron.

Good:
    Like I said in the introduction the quality Ano is outstanding. I will be brutally honest here out of all the combiners I own Ano stands out because he's the easiest to handle when I put him action poses. To get Ano to stand naturally, or pose Ano, just untab the gray flaps on the hips. The ankle tilts and forward and back rockers have stout ratchets in them. In other words when you pose him he 'aint' going nowhere! His stability completely blows Combat Brute Bruticus out of the water.
    Bad: The only bad thing about Ano is the cannon. I wish I could peg that thing in on his back but I can't. But no worries I will use as arm cannon or hit up the good Doctor to make some modifications to it or something.
    Articulation:
    The articulation is very limited on the upper thigh swivel. The hands are dead on ball jointed fingers that resemble a human hand. You can get some emotional hand poses going on if you sole desire. You get a full knee bend out of Ano. But you don't get a perfect 90 degree at the knee due to the laser cannons foot pegged into his thigh.
    Look of Ano:
    The face sculpt looks like real face. But Ano's antennas don't want to stay up but I don't care that's something minor I can easily forgive. Ano is the real deal, he's big intimidating thinking combat menace. He has that look he will come up with million one ways to defeat you under sixty seconds before a shot is fired.
    One key thing I really love about Ano is Warbotron gives you ports meaning options for you to display Ano. Also I can store weapons on him in combine mode, now that's what I really like about Ano.
    Rating:
    I give Ano a solid 10/10 mainly because Warbotron made sure the feet are nice and sturdy for a combiner this big. More so it's a flash back for me when I had rex combined for the first time. I am still playing around with him, yeah never stop playing with my instruments of destruction.
    Do I recommend him?
    If you're Warbotron fan yes! If you want tall beefy WBOD3 bots yes! If you want a combiner that's easy to manage without breaking then Ano is for you. When you get Ano be sure to play around with him first once in combine mode like I did. You'll get most of the most of the issues such as tolerance worked out. Also getting him in and out of combine mode will definitely help out a lot. So in closing take a few days and have fun with the not technobots.

Team shots:
    They look like a solid team despite the head and shoulder issues speed wheel and Hammer Sharpener have. You just have to work with him so they don't look out of place.

Attached Files:

2. wingheaven7

wingheaven7 Well-Known Member

Just from your pictures, this set looks much better apart than combined. Combined mode looks...weird. Like its sickly.

3. Galvatron197

Those were old pictures I took

In combine mode Ano does have awe-inspiring look to him. Something this big can hold cra-cra poses and not even wobble when the wind blows. I don't see anything sickly about him at all.

Attached Files:

4. Eleyre

Eleyre Well-Known Member

I think it's head and torso. The head looks like it needs to be about twice bigger and the torso looks very thin compared to the hulking limbs. Not bad looking, necessarily, but I can see how someone would think him sickly looking.

5. Galvatron197

Interesting

My fact he doesn't look sickly because after all this is toy. In addition transformers are humanoid looking. As a matter of fact the same can be said about all the combiners made these days. The heads are too small for the bodies and there's always some disproportion to them for example Combat Brutes head is too small for his frame but people seem to over look that. Another fact is the people that keep saying ( 2 people so far.) that Ano looks sickly are the people that don't even own the set at all. Till you buy the set, combine him and play around with him then you can make a snap judgement on Ano. Furthermore I do have the option to have notch the arms go up then I wont be able to get the full elbow bend of my Ano.

The guy who made that statement about Ano looking sickly, doesn't own Warbotron Technobots. I made the best choice by sticking with Ano and I know for a fact the plastic won't get flimsy over time like Quantron. Ano is one of these 3rd party combiners that's built to last at the same time have rock'n time playing with him and taking some smashing photos! I say get the set yourself playa and tell me about your experience with it afterwards

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I've had mine combined since I got the last two a couple of weeks ago and finally separated them today. I will say they do look better as a team of individuals, but the combined mode is much much better than portrayed online. I'll also agree that the two biggest issues with the gestalt is that the head is entirely too small, probably half the size it should be and a better chest plate would enhance the bulk significantly. Otherwise the build quality, the engineering, the paint apps are all top-notch. I wasn't going to get this set, but I liked Bruticus so much that I caved and I'm glad I did.

7. Galvatron197

Gotten over the head thing

Same head issue can be said for Warbos combat brute and fp intimidator, MT Giant. I completely gotten over that. If they made the head bigger then Laser cannon would have to be wider and taller. Therefore everyone would've paid and will pay 160 bucks plus for a bigger Laser cannon. In addition run the risk of Laser Cannon looking completely out of place like FP's homage to motormaster ( example). I am wondering if Gravity builder will have a head too small for his body? Will people say whatever and be awed at the engineering and how menacing he is? Or will negative folk cry, complain and get mad about the head being too small ect.

Ano is semi bulky:
    He's not even in the same class as Combat Brute, Shuraking and Feral Rex when it comes to 'thick' combiner. Ano has the all pro wide receiver build to him. What that means lean mean speed machine like his counter part Superion. As matter of fact Warbo is staying true to the homage of Computron, which is a thinker first and fighter second, you know back it up what he says or computes ect. As for as the Gestalt appearance perfect. QC is outstanding, like I said in my review QC on Ano blows Combat Brutes qc into outer space. The only bad thing about the Gestalt I wish Warbotron would've drilled 5mm ole on the white cannons handle, so I can store the cannon on Ano's back! I don't like leaving that nice cannon to the side at all...Yeah I am the person that actually likes that white cannon. But again the white cannon is not really an issue and I am over that ( till I get that drill I need.)
    Chest Plate:
    I heard the cry baby thing about a chest plate. Honestly looking at Ano on my desk beside me. A bulky chest plate is absurd then it would look like Ano is wearing a warbo sports bra. What Warbotron did with chest plate already is completely fine and it works. If the chest plate was bulky then you might run into clearance issues, that might be why Warbotron and company just ignored folk about a thicker chest plate request. ( don't blame them either.) He does have great set of lat muscles on him though lol.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016