Warbotron WB03 Computron !!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jun 7, 2014.

1. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I had to do it.. looks too good and for that price.. I have my MT Computron, but that is now my "Generations" or "CHUG" Compy...

2. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

20191130_120604.jpg

Finally my set arrived after almost 6 weeks in transit. It's a decent set, a bit dated as to be expected, and will act as my bot mode placeholder until MMC/XTB/ZT/FT releases better set.

20191130_120642.jpg

^This was the real surprise of the set, a clear model kit, legends scale Grimlock. I fat-fingered it of course and broke the swing arm that connects dino chest to the robot chest. Oh well, super glue be thy friend.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

That swing arm broke on my regular version too

4. inturnmike

I just got mine last night...one of the posts that connects strafes gun in arm mode broke off inside of the gun handle during transit :(  otherwise looks pretty cool. Will try to build grimlock tonight

5. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I broke my swing arm too, looks like it's a common issue.

6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might be able to dip the swing arm in hot water before clipping it on to stop it fracturing.

7. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

Bit late for that now, but a good headsup for people who still have to assemble it. The joint is just too tight and the plastic too fragile.

8. mark4flair

20191208_124531.jpg

Same peg broke on mine as well and the peg is stuck in the gun handle now. It would have been a better idea to have him packaged in individual bot modes instead of combined, way less possible connections to break.

Anyway, showz said they have me covered on the replacement parts so we shall see.

I must admit, the set is very visually interesting to me, I really like how they look on my shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  9. inturnmike

Yeah ill have to contact them about it. Also...i simply cannot get the front of the ship on laser csnnon to swing from underneath far up enough to peg it in w the gremay peg in the top. Its about 1 to 2 mm short of it. It looks to me like that gray arm apparatus wants to make it but is not long enough???

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starling

Starling Well-Known Member

Same happen to me first times I transform it, but was a matter of line up all perfectly and then works fine. Don't know if is your case but could be something similar.

11. mark4flair

Fortunately, I will never transform my set again other than from the initial combined mode to bot mode. I am a ham-handed oaf and breaking MP and Legends scale transformers is my reverse superpower.

12. yiyahow

yiyahow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also thought it was a QC failure, then it suddenly went in. Same itty-bitty peg on Strafe came broke though, but didn't think it's worth replacing, just broke the other one to match.

13. inturnmike

Csn someone show me how theirs lines up? I watched a transformation vid from bot to ship and followed it exactly...mine just doesnt do it. I thought maybe the smaller gray piece in the apparatus was installed backwards or something.

14. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Probably one of the most underrated third-party combiners. Here's some of my older pics.

downloadfile-6.jpg downloadfile-fff5.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  15. inturnmike

IMG_20191219_020410.jpg Can someone check this piece on theirs (someone who can get Laser Cannon into starship mode) and see if it looks the same as mine? Im wondering if the gray pieces are put together wrong and not giving it the last 1mm difference so I csnt tab it in?

16. inturnmike

Also...are these two waist bits installed backwards? Should they be swapped? Looks like they are supposwd to fold down in combined mode, as seen in the background pic but they cant on mine... IMG_20191219_023205.jpg

17. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have mine in front of me to check, but that whole waist section should be able to rotate 180° so the combiner hip skirts are on his back side in bot mode. The first part you mentioned should also be able to spin around.. I think you have it on the opposite side from where it needs to plug in.

18. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Yes, they're backwards. They're supposed to swing down and fill out the waist a bit more in combined mode (reference the combined mode pics directly above your posts). Mine arrived the same way a few days ago and it really confused me until I watched a transformation video. Fortunately it's a very easy fix (though it does involve removing several screws to get the torso open, so take care not to lose any!)

19. inturnmike

Ok i fixed that part of it..anyone get a pic of that grat apparatus in ship mode? Also...seems like the foot mode of lightspeed is longer than nosecone? So he has a limp?

20. Starling

Starling Well-Known Member

I had to sand both pegs on Scattershot so Lightspeed and Nosecone could fit well.

DSC_1821.JPG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019