Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    Does anyone have a pic handy they can post of these missile pods please? Not sure what everyone one is on about, I have the official 3rd party version and the 1st OS KO version. Cheers!

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These:
    Brutipods.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THESE CAME WITH BOTH OF MY WARBOTRON SETS WHEN I BOUGHT THEM, THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING NEW.

4. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    No problem, you're welcome!

5. Slustor

Slustor Well-Known Member

I have been looking at getting this set. Is there anything I should watch for ?

6. Staldo

Staldo Well-Known Member

I had some pin slippage on the wheels of my Onslaught. The little metal pins are hard to keep track of if they fall completely out. Not sure of a permanent solution but perhaps something to create more friction for the pin to stay in but still allow the wheel to turn. He’s also top heavy so careful posing him.
    If you get that set that comes together all pre-combined, careful with the tabs that attach the leg guys, they stay on extremely well because of the springs but firm pull is best to get them off rather than yanking them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

Got it, sold it, but the JinBao ver. If you like this aesthetic, too many issues
    Plastic full of stress marks
    Loose joints
    Super tight connections, big risk of breakages
    Etc etc
    And for me this is the best looking Bruticus so I bought the JinBao ver because it's the same, bigger and with better quality

8. BorisVega

BorisVega Well-Known Member

I got the gift set that was pre combined. The shuttle arm had the spring load tabs that where to long and wouldn't let me detach it from the body. Just had to shave the tab down till it went far enough to let me detach him. used a flat head screw driver, though a chisel would work if it is that small. The legs where snug but would detach fine. The shuttle had a QC issue with one of its biceps being the wrong one so got a replacement arm from BBTS. I love the whole set though, it is awesome.

9. Slustor

Great feedback. I hand the Jinboa for a time. It was too big for my taste.

10. Creegor

Creegor Well-Known Member

You absolutely NEED to disassemble the feet and shave down the clear plastic piece used in the ratchet. If you don’t it will destroy itself.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BronzeLeagueHero

BronzeLeagueHero Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't recommend the set unless you can get it at extreme discount, the quality of engineering and the plastic has not stood up to the test of time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slustor

I ended buying one. It includes the replacement chest for Blast Off. I should get it tomorrow, so looking forward to it.

Thanks Everyone for all the feedback and tips.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Creegor

Creegor Well-Known Member

You probably won’t regret it. They’re pretty cool, although antiquated. I really like the stylized look they have

14. BookBarbarian

BookBarbarian Well-Known Member

Ditto. I love the updated military vehicle altmodes. Especially Swindle and Onslaught, and I think all the robot modes look good.

If someone wanted CHUG sized Combaticons to display as individual robot s this is hands down the best set.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slustor

I got mine. Wow they are great. I had the Jinbao version and these are much better. Yes there are tolerance issues, but nothing I was not able to fix. Dont regret it whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I've really enjoyed this set. That said, it's a much easier pill to swallow at the close-out price than it is at the original MSRP. There's no way on Earth this set was actually worth the original asking price. The quality just isn't there, but the price I paid? Absolutely. And while it's larger than the CW version, I'm okay with that because military vehicles tend to be much larger than what the public uses. As for Blast Off, I just consider him a drone rather than a space shuttle, akin to FP's take, so he fits the "scale" better. With that in mind, I really like the set. I'm not 100% sure it'll replace my CW set because I do like those molds, especially Swindle and the Hasbro repaint of the Tak-Tom Blast Off, but man...this set checks all the boxes for me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Heylo, sorry for thread bump. I’m looking into maybe purchasing one of these, and I have a few questions, if y’all don’t mind.

1. How have these guys stood up to the test of time? Any notable QC issues that have worsened overtime? Any fixes I might need to perform?

2. How would you guys say it feels to handle these things? Anything particularly annoying?

3. Could I get some comparison pictures in individual and combined mode with some modern figures (I.e. WFC & Legacy stuff)?

4. Finally, would you guys recommend these things, and around what asking prices should I stick to?

Thanks so much!

18. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

I recommend it for 100$, otherwise as I said before, the Jinbao ver. is Warbotron but better and bigger there's no point of comparison the quality is superior, WB-01's quality is not that good, tons of stress marks across the figure, wobbly hip joints, the scale is great with WFC Stuff so if the price is good buy him, makes s good display piece, but again Jinbao Warbotron is just better in every way

• Like Like x 1
  19. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

932855E3-2479-4566-AF43-C243ECE8968E.jpeg 9DBA17BF-B97E-40D7-8CA5-BA5E9E48D8ED.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram: