Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Bruceofdoom

Bruceofdoom Peace Thru Tyranny

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    On the X-ray, watch any of the joints, every where they are not a ball joint they tend to be a little tight and may need to be drilled slightly larger. The thigh pieces specifically are known to be an extremely tight fit. You can probably force them in, but the mushroom peg will twist off. The part that the peg attaches to can be widened by filing the top of the inside area.

I have heard that there is an issue with Air Burst in Combined mode where his combiner port won't disengage from Fierce attack after put together. I may have just missed it but has anyone heard how to adjust the connectors so that they don't get stuck?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Mine is missing those, as well as the handle to the big Warbotron gun (it came with the gun, just missing the handle), and Whirlwind came with two left hands.

3. Coevus

Coevus Member

Hoping to get some help. Recently got the set of 5 of BBTS, but I accidently put Air Burst on as the left arm. Now nothing I do will remove it. I've tried manually pressing both springs of the joint, nothing. Tried some canola oil, nope. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with the combiner joint, and what they did to fix it.

4. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Had the same problem with Air Burst, but with him as the left arm, and I've seen a few other posts regarding him being damn near impossible to get out, so pretty sure the issue is with Airburst and not the connection port on Fierce Attack. I tried pressing in the tabs in the little slots (worked well for getting the legs out), but that didn't help. Ultimately I just said to hell with it and yanked it out, wiggling it a little, and it eventually slid out. But yes, a quality issue with this latest run, that's foooo shooo.

5. onslaught714

onslaught714 Well-Known Member

Just got mine in, and I'm happy with it, although I haven't combined them yet, and I've noticed the tabs on Onslaught's chest that lock it in place are missing, but it's not a deal breaker because it frictions in place fine enough

6. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's an issue with the original run too. Best method I've found is to press the tab in and at an outward angle with a small flathead screwdriver while pulling on air burst.

7. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it possible to post a video and/ or several pics?Thanks.

I think this issue is going to be common. So any and all solutions will be appreciated.

8. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Might not be until tomorrow sometime but I can definitely do that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Seriously?

News Credits:
    Wanted this so bad back in the day but couldn't afford it then, so happy to have this finally.
    20210422_184034.jpg
    Just combined it out of the box just to take a pic before I take him apart/

• Like Like x 2
  10. onslaught714

onslaught714 Well-Known Member

Gah, it's impossible to get Airburst off of him, even with doing the small flat screwdriver thing.It's so stuck on there that I'm worried I'll break one of the two before I even come close to getting him off

Edit: So I think I somehow messed it up badly enough that it's just now permenantly stuck, because I used a small screwdriver that didn't push it down the whole way so now there's probably gouges in the plastic preventing it from coming out

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  11. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Seriously?

News Credits:
    What are these pieces for?
    20210422_220131.jpg

12. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

The translucent pieces fit on Vortex’s arms to allow him to mount his blades Wolverine-style.

The other piece is to help mount Swindle’s shoulder cannon. Gives more clearance, I believe.

See below:
    03938D0D-4DC6-4ABD-B184-BA7C28FAF9C8.jpeg 6BB5D5E6-6DA5-4395-BB56-A9A86C8294D5.jpeg 52F8FF19-9CB5-4856-A983-556EEB633113.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Try slowly wriggling it in the direction of the 2 spring tabs until it eventually comes out.

It happens. You have to unscrew it and take it apart to release the tabs out of the combiner port. Once you get the arm out, that it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TruFiasco

TruFiasco Well-Known Member

My Warbotron is coming today. Any advice on how to prevent this issue? Or is it just a random issue. Getting scared to even try to combine him.

15. Coevus

Coevus Member

A8D25F70-1403-4B1D-A09A-697DEF247B34.jpeg Nothing having worked so far, I have resorted to disassembling as much as possible. Here’s my current progress. Can’t get the port out of fierce attack yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gosh. I'm reading this and thinking I dodged a bullet. I wanted to buy the set, but I'm seeing all of these reports and I'm not feelin' it. I don't know if this is a KO (and BBTS didn't know), or if this is a bunch of factory rejects, or what, but nope. Noping right out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bruceofdoom

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Totally get your concern, but FYI it is NOT a KO. It is the original set.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bruceofdoom

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Was sent the link to this on reddit about the fixing the combiner port for Ari Burst so that it will detach from combined mode:

https://www.reddit.com/r/transforme...r_2_months_of_delay_i_finally_have_warbotron/
    "First I tried to scrape away the little tabs as much as I could, then I used a screwdriver to pry the combiner port and peg apart. Once I got them separated, I opened up the combiner peg on Blast Off and removed the spring and lock pieces"

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A factory reject run, then? I know the original run wasn't perfect, but missing pieces, tight joints, things getting stuck... It looks so nice but it's one I'm going to have to avoid.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Eh, my original Warbo is tight as hell. Wouldn't imagine this to be any different.

• Like Like x 2