Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Stykthyn

Stykthyn Well-Known Member

Normally i try to keep it chug scale. I just love the look of the guy and he's been on my list. I don't think there's any added value in it being an original warbotron. All things being wall equal the ko is better?

2. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

IMO, if you can get the original for the same price as the Jinbao OS, I feel you should go for it.

I got the Jinbao OS, and while its size is impressive to look at, I find it hard to handle and mess with at 18". Plus I have Gravity Builder at 15", and I much prefer that size, in terms of both individual bot and combined mode. The OS individual bots are just way too big too, for my taste. I'm also not a fan of the glossy plastic of the OS. Not counting the size, I feel the original looks way better.

In the end, I caved and got the Wukong 1:1 KO, which cost more than Jinbao OS. But at least I enjoy the size more, it scales better with what I have, and it comes with 6 extra Gundam guns and accessories. :lol 

While it's true that Jinbao OS has better tolerances overall, mine has weak hips and ankles, and still collapses from time to time, even after I tried to tighten them. So YMMV.

The arm ratchets are very strong though. That's one of the thing Jinbao fixed, cos the original had weak arm ratchets.

TLDR - If you value looks and scale, get the original, since it's the same price.

Which accessory kit are you referring to? The Shockwave with the extra weapons that can combined into a big gun? I have that, but it doesn't really fit the Jinbao OS as it's meant for the original. Unless you mean Jinbao have their own version, which I've not seen.

3. XxsnipersnakexX

XxsnipersnakexX the G1 prick

Hey guys.

I keep my Warbotron on display, after years of display, decided to play with it a bit. Somehow I kinda broke Fierce Attack. Was wondering to replace him with this Yue Xing - Decepticons Warbotron Bruticus, it said 47cm of Height.
    https://shopee.com.my/Transformers-...uticus-(47cm-of-Height)-i.96827973.2299954562

I want to use its Fierce Attack as a replacement. Now the issue is, does anybody know if that version is the same version or its one of those oversized version? I need something like Wukong which was 1:1 last time.

4. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    If you have the space yes, you get a lot more bot for your buck and tolerances are better but like Hougangkid said, if you want to mess around with it often the regular size might be better for you, kind of depends on how big you are too! LOL.

They made an oversized set for the Jinbao too, that's why I said I had both versions, comes with the metal chain too.

5. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

From what I heard, the YueXing is 1:1 simplified KO with diecast and limited articulation.

You can maybe search the KO thread for more info:
    KO Warbotron Bruticus

Have never seen or heard of it. You have a link where you bought it from? Can't find anything online.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spark crusher

spark crusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    which is better quality, official or the 1:1 ko?