Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Warbotron/Jinbao, I just like having comparisons to the original figures. :) 

2. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    People crap on this set but it's still awesome. The oversized KO is actually better and obviously a better value but I don't regret my purchase and they still work great as IDW1 Combaticons.

• Like Like x 4
  3. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Thats the cycle of the Fandom/Hobby. "Once a newer version of a character/set comes out then let's trash the older set just because." It happens all the time.

Give it time and watch ppl trash Feral Rex for anything. To me I'm excited to see the 2 new Predakings that are being made but I'll always have a special spot for that toy/set as it's what brought me to the hobby and still to this day love his looks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Hey now. I own Feral Rex and have trashed it since the getgo lol.

I have ... no idea why it got the praise it did or still does? It’s a mediocre combiner at best. The individual modes is where it shines - and even then they’re just pretty okay. Individually built well tho!

Combined mode is a bit of a mess. He has bell bottoms, is unwieldy; handling him is not fun. Also watch out! Touch him the wrong way and the leg slider mechanism kicks in and he gets shorter (or taller)! Oh and his diaper.

I guess he looks pretty cool just standing in place/a pose and never touching him again.

Warbo Bruticus is still my IDW/comic/voyager collection Bruticus to this day. He goes well with all his other similarly sized voyager combiners. And as people have mentioned, he was quite possibly the most stable combiner in existence when he was released.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FiVE1ZERO

I can agree with that but to me his updated/stylized look still has a nice Presence on a shelf but Yea if you even look at him funky he'll tumble over lol. I use to have him on my highest shelf but something inside me said to "Take him down ASAP!" Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    It's a testament to the greatness of feral rex that it's even older than warbotron but it's still highly regarded even with all of its flaws. It helps that the oversized KO was imperfect when it came to the individual modes. I still use the individual feral Rex robots as my masterpiece predacons

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Feral Rex the most stable of the 3 PredaKings at that time, i.e. TFC Ares and UT War Lord? Sorry, not that familiar with Feral Rex, but I do like the design.

Warbotron's Bruticus and Iron Factory's War Giant are my 2 favorite Bruticus design so far. Not a fan of G1 look and MP scale Combiners.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, it was/is the most stable. Mine is more stable than my Warbotron Bruticus as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Sorry, didn't see this until now... been a day! I'll get some pictures tomorrow and post 'em here, since I have G1, Warbotron, and Jinbao.
    I still love the Warbotron set... the Jinbao OS seem much flimsier.

• Like Like x 1
  10. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Seeing this thread get updated made me wanna get mine off the shelf for the first time in a while. This was my first 3rd party purchase and easily one of the best purchases I made collecting.
    blastoffrobot.jpg blastoffshuttle1.jpg blastoffshuttle2.jpg brawlrobot.jpg brawltank.jpg onslaughtrobot.jpg onslaughttruckbig.jpg onslaughttrucksmall.jpg vortexchopper.jpg vortexrobot1.jpg vortexrobot2.jpg
    combaticonsalt1.jpg
    combaticonsrobot.jpg
    bruticus.jpg
    Swindle is easily my favorite of the set.
    swindlejeep.jpg

swindlerobot1.jpg swindlerobot2.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  11. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Nice pictures.

Yeah, this guy still looks fantastic. As long as you’re not trying to shoehorn him into a MP collection, he looks equally awesome next to his other similarly built/aesthetic brethren.

• Like Like x 3
  12. FiVE1ZERO

To me personally,this was my Golden era of the hobby. I really miss that feeling of seeing a new reveal/silhouette of a combiner/bots almost every week or so lol. I remember being so excited regardless if I was in on or not. Nowadays it's more of a "Meh" feeling w/o the excitement. Gr8 pics @waflhaus91.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Got out today... lots of wind so I took photos in the garden, lol, where it's a bit more protected but could get a bunch of figures spread out. Have G1, Warbotron, and Jinbao.
    Realized a bit late that G1 Onslaught didn't have his chestplate so he looks a bit naked. XD
    I love, love, love the light-piping in the Warbotron guys. You can see not-Onslaught's red eyes glow in some pics and I never get tired of taking pics of not-Blast Off- I think he just really has a cool look to him. The Jinbao set has extremely limited light-piping in comparison. To me it's the inferior set, but I also paid a lot less money for it, so I suppose I got what I paid for!
    The Jinbao figures are much flimsier- I have trouble getting them to stand well. The Blast Off and Onslaught Jinbaos have especially weak thighs that are always collapsing -very hard to get them to stand in 'Bot mode. Brawl too, I had to really finagle his legs to get him to stand upright. One of these days, my intention is to transform the Jinbao set into Bruticus and keep them like that- hopefully Bruticus can stand, at least.
    Sorry if anything's mistransformed- took some of these guys out of storage and propped them up, but haven't double-checked to make sure everything's transformed as it should be.
    Also added a G1 Ruination for good measure! compar_6935.jpg compar_6946.jpg compar_6957.jpg compar_6963.jpg compar_6967.jpg compar_6973.jpg compar_6982.jpg compar_6989.jpg compar_7045.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Thank you so much! :D  I'm making that second picture my new wallpaper as it really does it for my nostalgia. I've owned the original WB as well as two of Jinbao's sets, both being much sturdier than the WB so maybe you got a bad QC one? I know KOs tend to range in that area. My biggest issues on the original were that a lot of tabs and pegs didn't like staying on whereas Jinbao's feels better. I'm glad they fixed the combiner ankle ratchets too. That said, thank you again for sharing!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    This was my second 3rd party purchase after Fansproject's Munitioner/Explorer sets. Great alt mode shot!

Yeah the scene has gotten a lot smaller lately with less reveals and buzz. I'm glad I was able to get into 3P right as this guy became mainstream.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Could be! Hard to know, I haven't seen any other sets, just mine.
    And- you're welcome! Glad you enjoyed 'em. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    What weapons are Blast Off and Onslaught holding?

Nice pics, BTW. Was thinking of doing that with my Wukong & Machine Boy KO's, my Jinbao and my IF War Giant. :D 

My Jinbao had weak combined hips and ankles as well, which I had to fix. I much prefer my 1:1 KO's compared to the OS Jinbao. They just look nicer and has a better feel to it. Jinbao, for all it's better tolerances, looks cheaper with the glossy plastic compared to the 1:1's.

18 inch Combiners are also too big for me to mess around with and pose. 15 inches is probably the max for me. Anything bigger is just too unwieldy.

18. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Thanks!
    That's... a good question, lol.
    I moved and I think in the process a lot of weapons got mixed up. I likely just put weapons back where I thought they belonged but I have a lot of stray weapons floating around now that I need to rematch to their original owners. (One of these days I may make a thread on this site for ID help...)
    I have a bunch of Combaticon sets and just looked up some of them... and aha! Ok, Blast Off is actually holding Zeta Blast Off's gun. It happens to fit perfectly into his hand and stays there very well. Since my Zeta BO is permanently in shuttle mode, I may let Warbo BO keep it.
    I'm not sure about Onslaught's gun, but again it's likely from one of my Combaticon sets. (Maybe someone here recognizes it?) BO is the only Zeta I have, and I have no UT Combaticons, but I have most others I think. Official and third party. Iron factory War Giant is awesome, isn't he? I love those smaller guys too.

Ok, I guess some of us got flimsier Jinbaos then. My Warbotrons are like yours- they just feel so much more solid to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hougangkid

News Credits:
    Ah, I see. I thought they were custom guns. My next question would have been where to get them. :D 

They work well tho, especially since Onslaught doesn't have a proper gun. That's why I'm getting the KBB KO of Warbotron's X-Ray (Shockwave) for the extra guns, just for Onslaught.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Yes! Onslaught is always improved with guns. Lots of guns. The bigger the better, lol.
    I think he'd agree with this! :D