Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    If you get the chance pick up the KO OS version as it's cheap but made bigger and ironically better since it solves all the original tolerance problems. I have both, KO's in combiner mode with the OEM one in individual robots around it.

2. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    I'm really missing my Jinbao OS of this guy. Fierce Attack had my favorite alt mode ever. :(  Real tempted to buy another one, but I can't find him under 100.

3. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I'm in a similar boat. I still have mine but zeta bruty eclipses him in almost every way, except the onslaught alt mode, which is fantastic. I kind of don't want to give him up even though I need to sell the set for space concerns.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my biggest regrets was buying this set, when the time comes I'll just go to a local show and sell it off.

5. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

Same here. This is the set that made me wait and see what else comes along.

6. leus

leus Well-Known Member

I regret buying this POS more than anyone in this world. He is pure trash! I didn't even take him out of the box .........

7. shovelchop81

Ebay:
    Er... then how would you know? This is one of my favourites (I have the official and OS KO) and I own hundreds of transformers, half of them Hasbro and the other half 3rd party with the occasional KO in both halves ;-).

8. leus

leus Well-Known Member

Oh I thought he was the coolest thing before Toyworld released Constructor and subsequently Armageddon.......now I see him as tiny and completely incompatible with my MP line. That's why I hate being stuck with him .........I don't collect anything else other than MP. Feral Rex is in the same boat. No longer fit in my collection especially with all the cool new MP style combiners. To add insult to my injury ......these don't sell for half of what I paid for them ......ugh!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Seems more like your tastes and scale changed more than the figure being trash.

• Like Like x 11
  10. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I agree, these were great when they were released and I enjoyed them when I had them

I’ve since upgraded and like zeta way more but IMO that doesn’t retroactively make these guys trash. In fact I still like them a lot but they didn’t fit my MP needs so they were sold

• Like Like x 3
  11. shovelchop81

Ebay:
    I agree with the other replies but understand why he doesn't fit your collection, personally I don't own a single MP figure as I love the detail and complexity of other designs like the movieverse, MMC, Planet X etc.. As for the resale value well you're kind of SOL when a KO OS costs a fraction of the price, has fixed all the flaws of the original and is still readily available to buy. I recommend just unboxing and enjoying him for what he is, he has great fun factor with so many different combination modes when in individual bot forms or vehicle forms, there are gun turret bases, a shuttle launch pad set etc.. I bought the KO OS to have in combined mode then surrounded him with the OEM figures in bot modes with all the accessories from the booster weapon and Shockwave kits. Funnily enough I did exactly the same with the OEM Nero Rex (bloody expensive figure so I was gutted when the KO OS came out soon after) I use the much cheaper KO OS as the combined form and the OEM figures in bot mode around him and ironically they're all right next to each other so I took some pics to show you ;-). If he doesn't fit in with your MP figures just put him somewhere else as his own little independent display. Just my thoughts anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. ento

ento Well-Known Member

While in an ideal world of higher income I'd have one of the Zeta or OM Bruticii, after some heavy soul-searching I just picked up the OS KO Warbotron for 25% of the Zeta price / 15% of the OM price.

He's obviously more greebly than the rest of my MP collection, but I'm pretty stunned by how great he does look, and how stable he is. - a pretty monumental hunk of plastic at a bargain price.
    IMG_20191009_142518.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He has his issues, but he's also where we were at the time with this sort of thing.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. inflewence

inflewence Let's go!

Still love mine but it is definitely too small for my MP combiners. Got him on my miscellaneous shelf. 20190916_235414.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. leus

leus Well-Known Member

That's partially true I guess, but not entirely........because one of my all time favorite 3rd party figures is Energon Bruticus with the FP and SF upgrade. That is like the best post 89 Transformer ever made PERIOD!! I also have Quantron and M3 and Giant and Guardia and Energon Superion and Warlord and would never consider selling them ......but Warbotron and Feral Rex.........

• Like Like x 1
  16. leus

leus Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me about his issues .........more money that I spend to fix his translucent ankle rockers :banghead: 

17. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Psychological Operations

Warbotron is freaking sweet.

20191004_224145.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. shovelchop81

Ebay:
    Yeah I love those upgraded versions of the Energon combiners, I have the FP set on Bruticus two different sets on the Superion one was called Snow something and the other I have no idea, it was a while back! Quantron is a brilliant figure and I can't for the life of me understand why someone would buy the Takara version of combiner Computron over it as Quantron is dirt cheap now a days. I have Diesel from M3 but went with Transformision's 'Menasaur' in the end because of price vs size as design wise I love them both.

Never been a problem for me or many others, just trim the tabs engaging the ratchet joints down a bit if you're worried.

19. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

Haha, don't be mean, guys. WB01 is dated for sure but I would not go so far as to say there is regret or this is trash. It's like, a what, 6 year old toy? I still find charm in this set and alot of the issues we found on WB01, we still find now on modern 3P toys. (loose joints, fiddly transformation, stress marks, breaking) I actually like this scale combiner and still collecting this scale til they stop producing them.

That being said, if only there were an "upgrade kit" for Feral Rex that would scale him up to WB01 size. ie.. GT Gravity Builder set.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I just got the OSKO of Onslaught and he has no knees!!! :S