Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. dmarsee

dmarsee Well-Known Member

I couldn't find that.

2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's the Wukong one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    so i won this set for $200 and realize that now i have 4 Bruticus, FP, Warbo, FoC(MT), and CW(DW)

• Like Like x 1
  5. robh

robh Decepticon

That's the simplified one. This is the wukong.. it's basically a warbo replica
    WuKong WK09-Onslaught

Still..go with jinbao. I've had both, and sold warbo a while back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mlbfan

mlbfan Well-Known Member

Finally able to transform and take the following pictures. I call these guys the first set of Decepticon triplets! Why? Aside from Devastator being introduced in the last episode of season 1, these guys basically dominated the combiner episodes of season 2. And all three have earth vehicle modes, unlike the latter three that are all creatures. I'm also amused that each of these guys is the first combiner attempt by the three different iterations of what is basically the same company: Warbotron/Generation Toy/TransForm Mission.

I tried to capture Bruticus in a brutish-looking stance. He is the best combiner of the three, though the Combaticons are the weakest, especially Onslaught. Alt modes are okay.

IMG_2705.JPG IMG_2771.JPG IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2708.JPG IMG_2762.JPG IMG_2736.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

how do you make him stand as tall as the bruticus? and what have u done with those side bits on the legs? they annoy me as his legs are too fat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    That's probably the oversized KO of Feral rex, and their arms fold and peg in around the back in leg mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Some recent pics of them in the mix.

IMG_20180127_203802.jpg IMG_20180127_194041.jpg IMG_20180127_185353.jpg IMG_20180126_000114.jpg IMG_20180125_235815.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Action Master

Nope! But I totally see how these might be confused for the ko oversize versions. both were the official versions of these releases when I posted this years ago.( has to be at least 2-3 years I think. Maybe I'm wrong) all I did was extend Rex to his fullest height and then I hated his bell bottom looking feet so for combined mode I actually just removed the side legs to bovis and fortis so Rex doesn't have as much as a A-stance. And lastly if you look carefully the head isn't sittin completely down on Rex, I just raised the head a little as much as I could without destroying the sculpt. Loved both sets when I had them at the time! Great figures

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chibipoe

Chibipoe Proud owner of Scorponok

These guys ended up being my first foray into 3p and while later offerings have refined their craft with people going to GT/TFM, I am still fond of these guys. Their Swindle is probably my single favorite individual figure of the bunch. (Dat smirk.)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I've got both the complete Warbotron set and the Jinbao set. I personally like the Warbotron set a bit better. They feel a little more sturdy, whereas the Jinbao has a cheaper, lighter feel to them despite being bigger. I also like the light piping in the Warbotron Combaticon's eyes, the Jinbao set doesn't seem to have much, if any, of that. If you like light piping like I do, that's a plus for the Warbotron set. However, they're both nice sets.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Megatron Lover

Is Bruticus meant to be the same size as Devy?

14. dmarsee

dmarsee Well-Known Member

I don’t know if “meant” is the right word for it.

But usually, when Combiners fought in season 2, they appeared evenly matched, size-wise.

That pattern has led many fans (including myself) to want all their Combiners to be the same size (which can make things messy when looking at alt modes or the Sunbow chart).

• Like Like x 2
  15. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Starling

Starling Well-Known Member

It depends much on personal preferences too, I mean, in real life, military vehicles are bigger than normal cars (and specially an space shuttle that is huge) but construction vehicles are bigger too and with Devastator they was 6 components so, you could say they can be same scale been a little permissive with real life scale (space shuttle, hehe). In G1 animation, all they was same size, even the ones made by animals, like Predaking, only Omega Supreme was bigger.

For me, I like Devastator and Bruticus same size, Menasor just a little small (just a hair) and the rest smaller than Menasor (not much) and for Autobots, Superion as the taller one and Computron and Defensor as Menasor size, just my personal preference.

• Like Like x 3
  17. AKN2

AKN2 Member

Because the shoulder width was narrow, petit remodeling.
    brawl_01.jpg
    brawl_02.jpg
    brawl_remodel.jpg
    brawl_tank.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  18. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

So this set is 200 including X-ray at bbts so I picked one up, not blast off was missing one of the handles on his missle pod but seems like a solid set.

• Like Like x 1
  19. boomerdave

boomerdave Moderator

It really is a great set in my opinion. It’s a very stylized take on the Bruticus but when combined they are just awesome together. The bots aren’t that bad either. If you just got the x-ray set I strongly recommend you read the thread on it because it’s very easy to break trying to install the legs and hips. Just hate to see you buy that and it breaks on you because the tolerances are bad. The set is kind of like constructor So you need to give it a very thorough once over to make sure everything is there.

$200 for the whole set the set is a screaming deal in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  20. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

The Jinbao OS KO set is great too. "Ratched" up a notch.

• Like Like x 1