Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I jujst received Ejector yesterday.

Holy hell is it impressive!

Warbotron would have been considered the most improved 3p company to date if Unique Toys hadn't started from such a bad place.

My excitement to complete WB-01 has been more than renewed thanks to Ejector. I understand completely their reasoning behind breaking up the order of releases to push out a technobot. I'm not holding that against them. I'm just eager to get the last two components for WB-01 in-hand, especially if they're as high-quality as Ejector!

2. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

If you like what you see, you should pull the trigger on the not-Combaticons. I own all 3 and was really impressed with their quality and playability. The delay sucks, but Warbotron released these guys pretty quick compared to other 3P. Not-Vortex is just around the corner. From what I've seen, I can confidently say all the packaging has been produced and figures are being assembled. It won't be long now. :) 

3. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Doesn't mean anything when you consider the fact that most 3P companies are startups created and run by Chinese financiers/designers/fans/etc. based in China. Unless they start running back and forth to inspect their factories in Vietnam, I'm not sure how cost effective it'd be for a 3P to move operations to Vietnam. Don't most 3P's already operate on razor thin margins as it is, at least compared to the big dogs like HasTak? Not even the same league in terms of production and budget, really.

4. Sparkacus

Sparkacus Active Member

I own Heavy Noisy and Sly Strike. I purchased Air Burst, but have not gotten him because I've waited for Whirlwind to get the free shipping from TFS.

My house burned down, so nowhere to display them. Have not been in a rush to buy more right now.

I probably will get turbo ejector after its sold out and restocked.

5. Benny the Bull

Benny the Bull ARMY RANGERS

Ok was just me or did the new packaging blow you away too???? I think I spent equal ammount of time looking at the packaging as I did the figure!!! And the quality of the instructions!!!!???? Warbotron really out did themselves with Turbo Ejector.....

6. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I looked up when we got color pics for Afterburner and Vortex. It looks like we first got color pics for Afterburner on Sept 6th. Vortex was Oct 9th. If we are lucky the releases will be similarly spaced.

7. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

Supposedly vortex is coming end of the month, seems this has been said every month

8. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Conspiracy Theory. Warbotron delayed Bruticus to get Computron rolling to get new fans and broaden their product offering, but mostly delayed so Bruticus would not get lost against the completed Feral Rex. Probably not. Anyway I just got Afterburner and it made me consider getting the Combaticons I had ignored them. Most people seem happy with the figures and annoyed only with the distribution so far?

9. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    vortex is expected to release 1st Quarter of 2015...according to BBTS...just look at the release dates on where you ordered.

10. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll see not Vortex this month. Tfsource posted pics and also said Warbotron told them they are still tweaking and improving the last two releases. I bet we won't see the next one until the end of Feb.

11. bade3k3

bade3k3 Tiny-Con

Ebay:
  12. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    This is true. There are the to be expected, minor QC issues with WB (I had a Noisy with a wonky foot that had to be replaced), but otherwise people are quite happy with the products. It's the delay that is the complaint. It's been months since they showed fully colored shots of Vortex and many months after their initial projected release.

Like with a lot of 3P companies, a bit of communication would serve them well. If they said what the delay was and when to expect a new product, I think a lot of people would quit complaining.

13. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Makes sense. A little obvious what they were doing was fielding Afterburner which is understandably annoying. Seemed like they went after Quantron, unnecessarily. I do think going up against Feral Rex was a tuff match too though maybe better to not be an also ran. Anyhow Afterburner is selling me on their product.

14. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just watched the Radio Free Cybertron and Bobby Skullface reviews for Turbo Ejector. With how tight he is I wonder if they decided to redo Vortex and Onslaught's molds. I don't know if they could alter existing molds to make them tighter or not.

15. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for Vortex and Onslaught...hope the wait on the remaining two is worth it.

16. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Blast Off should be arriving tomorrow. Then I'll be all caught up :D 

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    February 19th is when chinese new year starts, if he's not out by then then we won't see him (or anything for that matter from 3p's) until early march.

18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It starts officially, but some factories will close up to 2 weeks before that so workers can get home. I'm expecting 1 or 2 releases total that month, stuff that gets done before that but doesn't make it out of the factory until then.

19. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    How will everyone feel if they release Lightspeed before Vortex and Onslaught? Still cool with the wait for better QC?

20. jdsilver

jdsilver Well-Known Member

I'm less than impressed with their ScatterShot and Nose Cone to the point where I'm bowing out of Warbo's Computron for now until I see some better engineering and design. QC will be a secondary motivation. This might be my first incomplete 3p combiner. And I have about 6 of them.