Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fairly positive he does - the pic of the underside of the shuttle looks to have gear on the back legs and two sets of gear behind the nosecone.

Yea, I agree it seems at least partially transparent, which is interesting and unexpected, but appears to look pretty good really. Wish they had a shot of arm mode included with what we got but overall fairly happy and even more excited to see the rest now (and get them in my grubby hands)

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like a lot of what I'm seeing.

Except that backpack. Holy shit that's not even trying. It doesn't even look like it locks.

But I really dig the shuttle mode and the missile pods. That's pretty neato. Cautiously looking forward to a review.

3. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

a bit of a cop out with the tail fun, but love the coloring

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    OH MY LORD the coloring is amazing

5. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

From the start I thought that Wb's Blast Off wasn't the strongest member of their not-Combaticons; I'm still not sold on him as an individual figure after seeing the coloured pics.

Leaving aside his ungainly shuttle mode and the fact that his robot mode design deviates quite a bit from the G1 figure, I would have preferred at least for the prominent brown colour to be the olive drab of the original. It would be a nice bonus if the tubular blasters could plug the sides of his legs, again for that G1 look. Lastly, a G1-ish handgun would be great (but admittedly that's not really a big deal).

All in I think that FP did a better job of updating Blast Off in both alt and bot modes. Still, I'm into WB-01 for combined mode so this Blast Off being what he is, isn't currently a deal breaker. Looking forward to a review of his build quality and engineering.

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, perhaps I'm late to the party and forgive me if I am, but have we pretty much reached a consensus that Warbotron is TFC in disguise? The aesthetic between the two companies is virtually the same.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Went from no combiners to having two sets on order in two days. BBTS is a horrible place. Looking forward to a review to see if the quality will live up to how good it looks.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm curious looking this over again why there is a clear plastic bit on top of the chest with a pin running through it. Not why its there, its for the combiner port obviously, but why use clear plastic for that pin. The cockpit would have been hard to get around, but why that particular part?

We already ran that discussion into the ground. But no, they aren't the same as far as we can tell. The legs of this guy look like the TFC Aerialbots' though. I'll give you that. But if it were them this wouldn't have the part integration, accurate headsculpts, and smart color choices.

9. Stygian360

News Credits:
    Again apologies for resurrecting the topic. And yes, the legs in particular seem veeeeeerrry familiar. And if it does turn out to be them, oh well. In the end the quality is always solid on TFC's stuff. It would be nice to know if it is them though as this would shine a much brighter light on the level of quality to expect on Air Burst.

10. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite...there are quite a bit of a big variety of colors going on here...plus the light piped eyes and light piped chest piece and light piped canopy...it's just ridiculous how much this figure reminds me of Phantom and Harrier in build and the way he transforms...

11. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Color pics look great and the nose sits very neatly!! That said the design does reming me a lot of Phantom. I would like double jointed elbows and knees since this is supposed to be MP size.

12. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hes looking good, I hope the quality stacks up. then I will be all in to buy this guy!!

13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

It could be, with the light piping that's what I first thought. But ....

1) they got the hollow forarm sides like MMC
    2) nice paint details / apps (although personally I am not crasy about the brown chosen, and the lack of black in the legs and the transparent windshield, but that is my personal taste only, still lovely details and nice paint apps, no question about it, it doesn't look like a cheap child's toy like TFC),
    3) some updates and email communication,
    4) showing the combined mode from the get go, and not wait till we have half the figures to know what we are going to get
    5) offering pre-orders on all members at the same time preventing price hikes.
    5) offering very competitive pricing from the get go. Especially the leader, at 120$, who will also probably have all the combined mode's extra parts, is an amazing price at 120$, much better (and probably bigger too) than FP Diesel at 150$.

14. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Well, WB certainly puts out nicer promo pics of their stuff than TFC and their "this is my small-ass worktable shot of the super mega combiner that I want to excite you into parting with your hard-earned money for" shtick.

Looking at the first set of pics, the blasters don't look like they can fit on the side of the bot legs either naturally or via a mistransformation. Rats. However, the power of blu-tack should be able to help me out there :p .

Also, I don't get how people seem to be raving over his colours. I'm more or less down with the colour placement, but really, wouldn't olive drab have been better instead of the current brown? He might end up being a little too close to the mustard I expect Swindle to be coloured in.

15. rgeezzy

rgeezzy Well-Known Member

wow, very nice... love the color scheme AND the mold

16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Who is 'we'? I'd say it's split with people that believe they are the same, or at the very least related, as that believe they have no association whatsoever. Ultimately, who cares as long as the combiner joints aren't jank. Wait, I think that's why people do care. That and color. I think the color looks fairly decent here, but not slavishly G1 accurate. But then neither is the design, which has me on the fence (in addition to quality). Seems these are best suited for MP as far as size goes, but they're more Classics in the accuracy department.

17. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    if no one told you it wasnt TFC or it was Warbotron and you saw it

who would you think made it....? that is your answer personally

far to many similarities (look at the back of the bot mode head?)
    the multitude of plug ports on the body, the bi fold wing with the non color matched hinge

superfluous weapon kibble on the back of the legs?

at minimum its the same designer

18. Stygian360

News Credits:
    Maybe the new and improved TFC?? ;) 

Really good point Megs. And to help tie it all together, again my only point in getting back into this topic is to help understand the quality factor. If it's TFC I know what I'm getting. If it's some unknown company than it could be anywhere on a sliding scale between Unique Toys level of QC and MMC's stellar work. That question mark makes me hesitant. That's really what it comes down to.

19. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be too concerned about that. In the past year, fledgling 3rd party companies (Transformazing Toys, Planet X etc) have managed to impress and wow their audiences with the build quality on their debut pieces. 3rd party companies have finally come to the realization that first impression truly counts.

20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Hey, I feel the same somewhat, and it is taking me some more time to adjust to their selection of colours over what I was expected / wanted originally (G1). And I really agree about the brown being the main thing that I am having trouble adjusting too, but also the transparent windshield (I would have preferred painted solid).

But, I think I will warm up to it more and more with time, and once I see Peaugh's video, I will have a much better feeling for it colour wise, as I think the lighting is not natural and making the pics not what they will feel like in hands. This was the case for Bovis, and once I saw the video with natural colours, it totally changed my view on pics. Also, peaugh will indicate about the locking mech / tabs and quality, so I will then decide to pre-order it again from BBTS or CP.