Warbotron WB-03A Turbo Ejector (Afterburner)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Jun 8, 2014.

1. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All WB could have said to avoid that mess was that BBTS put up the money to pay for the initial production thus would enjoy a 90 day exclusivity for their initial investment. I think many would have accepted that. I hope they learned their lesson and won't pull that again.

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    If there are "lessons" to be learned at all it's only if fans vote with their cash. Knowing the fandom though, most don't care. Heck, WB even raised the price and I bet preorders are flying.

3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Do we know that it was WB that raised their prices?

4. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can hope. But BBTS probably sold quite a few, didn't sell out though. There had to be some cancelled orders after the deal came out.

5. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

I hope for orange personally.

I really like this set. I'm happy with Warbotron's stuff so far. I would like a defensor from them. and looking forward to more menasor pics.

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Pale Coral, based on AirBurst...

7. AUTOBOT215

AUTOBOT215 Well-Known Member

C'mon, you know you weren't going to buy WARBOTRON anyway!

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You do realise your last sentence does apply to where you purchase things too.....don't you? You could quite easily have Air Burst in hand now, you just choose not to.

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The robot looks OK but they really nailed the bike I think.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The prices have been raised?

Another good reason not to buy into these guys then.:D 

11. GinoPuppy

GinoPuppy Star Seeker

Man, I took your post so seriously for like 5 minutes. feeling a bit slow today. :) 

12. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

I'm relatively neutral on this, as I didn't have the Technobots as a kid, but I might also be leaning a bit more towards orange, since I'm noticing from screenshots that the Technobots all seem to be red and white in the cartoon, and that's kind of boring-looking.

That'd look about as bad as iGear Veer, I imagine.

On another note, I do like how WB is generally capturing the cartoon faces on their figures. I tend to greatly prefer updated G1 figures to at least have the same face as the cartoon/comics. I suppose if TFC did their own Computron (assuming there's actually no link between them and WB), the faces would be okay for once, since it looks like for once the G1 cartoon animators drew the Technobots' faces just about exactly like the toys.

13. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    To be fair, WB Afterburner appears to be slightly bigger and has bigger weapons than either Air Burst or Heavy Noisy, meaning more plastic content. I can see the justification for the slight rise in price for WB-03 figures compared to WB-01. And have you seen pictures of WB Scattershot? Dude is just a hair shorter than MP-10! That's pretty big! A WB-03 limb bot is still cheaper than a standard TFC limb bot, so consider that for what it's worth.

14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Warbot guys have come out swinging. I had no idea this project would be up so fast! As for this prototype I actually like it. I just seen Maketoy's qunatron on tf source they want 399.95 for it. That stopped me for buying the set. I remember not so long ago I bought the giant set for 355.
    Now I am looking at Warbotron stuff. I did not want to invest in something this "damn" big. However I really like the paint apps they have for the MP Bruticus. Back to what I was saying. I really want to see the paint apps for this figure and the light pipe work. If its outstanding, then hell yes I am all in. Another reason why I will pre-order this figure. Honestly you're going to pay 100 bucks per figure because of the size. These are bigger and everyone loves big combiners, I get that.
    I was against the project but now it really has caught my attention. One thing that worries me is rushing. I hope these guys take it one bot at a time when it comes to quality control. If they live by this expect them to really give MT the knock out blow in the combiner wars....Honestly I am tired of collecting combiners for this year lol

16. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't disparage the competing Computron-- at least until I have both side-by-side- but for my money I just dig what Warbo is doing with their gestalts. Also, it's a minor nit but still valid at least for me, but I'm not digging that MT decided to make the bike a Tron bike. At least Warbo with their first release went the right direction with overall aesthetic and choice of bike. Again, it's a minor thing and YMMV, but that Tron bike thing-- although a cool call out/homage'-- kills it for me.

17. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

nice looking bot.

18. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Gives me hope for a WB Defensor! I want to get on board with TFC, but the non G1 aesthetics are killing it for me right now.

19. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a theory that WB AND TFC don't compete, they may not do defensor

20. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Well, they have this year mapped out pretty heavily anyway. If they finish this combiner and Bruticus, and Menasor in one year, that gives TFC time to get Prometheus out this year. Beyond that if WB wants to do Defensor in 2015 they'd be pretty safe, rather then join the current Mt vs. TFC war. I hope they do all of the Combiners in their style. There are enough to keep them busy for several more years. But if another company say Daca toys starts making true mp Combiners I think Warbatron is going to loose their wobbly throne as the go -to mp option.