War in Pocket?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by gbm, Nov 9, 2016.

1. DR3ST4

DR3ST4 Insecticon swarm keeper

Found a half price hulkie! and he is deff AWESOME yay
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    I have all their stuff minus Hulkie and it's brilliant. Some figures are indeed better than others, but overall it's a great Line and I hope to God their shift towards Season1/2 doesn't mean we don't get a Rodimus/Springer two pack at some point in the medium term - it's the obvious gap I would want them to fill to go with Blurr,/Arcee/Kup.

Luckily UT making Headmasters at standard Legends size tends to indicate that Megatron was a bit of an outlier and that the regular size is likely to remain going forward. I certainly hope so, I don't want to buy redos all over again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

Where did you find a 1/2 price Hulkie? Inquiring minds want to know!:drool: 

4. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've collected these so far, a mix of Hasbro G1, Legends, Cyberverse Legions and 3rd party. Looking forward to the DX9 War in Pocket Dinobots!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Both DX9 and IF have been nailing it in my opinion. Also if you can grab hold of some of the better official legends you'll be in good shape.

The standout figures from either side are currently Hulkie from DX9 (their Devastator) and Evillord from Iron Factory (their Overlord). The IF Dynobots are pretty cool too.

The DX9 Megatron is very loose in the arms (seems to be common) so be careful with that one and the IF Windblade may be too anime if you're not into that.

If you want DX9 Galvatron try to grab the 3-pack as the design is much improved especially in the face.

• Like Like x 3
  6. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I loved Galvatron and Scourge but their cyclonus was terrible. Not a terrible figure/design but the other two are very G1 and Cyclonus isn't

7. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Just got two of the WIP dinos and they're fantastic. Looking at picking up the others as they become available. Also looking at Hulkie. These guys might be my new obsession.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I really wish I had picked up the Igear Huffer and Seaspray, they scale pretty well with the DX9, Iron Factory and UT legends. Where are the Rumble/Frenzy and Eject/Rewind from? They look pretty good with the Iron Factory Ravage, Steeljaw, Ramhorn and Laserbeak.

9. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are from Perfect Effect, they don't become cassettes but do turn into guns and have removable piledrivers.

10. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

Is that the Make Toys Seaspray and Powerglide?

11. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep Maketoys Hover and Bomber.

12. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

I actually I prefer DX9 earlier products. Galvatron looks mighty good and so does cyclonus nd scourge. Also now you can get the new set, with galv, alt head, cyclonus with additional rotation at legs, and scourge is azzure and not gray. Also DX9 Ironhide and BLur are some of my favourite to date. and they are VERY DURABLE (maybe not IH chrome paint). You can also get a new set for these 3, and ratchet is white and not gray.

THere are 2 differences between dx9 and IF generally.
    Designs, dx9 more g1, Ironfactory is into IDW.

Plastic. IF has more detailed but less durable plastic. its more collect less play
    Dx9 prevously to dinobots seems very similar to hasbros legends (in durability) witha bit more detail.

I hope they go back to their previous scale soon. I'm really not interested in RE-buying all the 'smaller' characters I already have, and tbh I like the bots to be more or less all same hight. Besides, I really wouldn't want a set of seekers as big as dinobots... i'd be facepalming everytime i look at them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  13. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

I hope they go back to their previous scale soon. I'm really not interested in buying all the 'smaller' characters I already have, and tbh I like the bots to be more or less all same hight. Besides, I really wouldn't want a set of seekers as big as dinobots... i'd be facepalming everytime i look at them.

14. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I am waiting for the next DX9 two pack set to be announced. Their Blurr is still my favorite. I'm really hoping they get around to Hot Rod soon. It's a big gap in their line-up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Just a thought since were talking legends. dont know where else to post this so...

so I was readin' mtmte 55, or rather the short story 'no guns, no swords, no briefcases'
    page 3, 1st panel.

I really can'y find a pic online but...

bottom right corner, Crosscut is talking to Smokescreen.
    Smokescreen appears in bot mode in the design used by IF for their diaclone bro set.
    Crosscut is in his hasbro skids mold, but in the comic, (in said panel) the differences are minimal.

Am I wrong in thinking that the IF mold could be used for remolds of Crosscut, Skids and Getaway (all characters used for the skids mold)

Is anyone good at mock ups?

16. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

I've had the first 4 WIP figs for a while but just recently have been getting more of these little bots. Picked up UT's Tom and Jerry, a ShapeShift two pack, IF's Blitzwing, and will add a KO yellow Hulkie soon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

ko yellow hulkie? size? link? or pic? pls? :) -

18. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

19. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm in same boat. I've been picking up if and wip figures here and there randomly just to check them out and I've been impressed so far. Probably would have said IF is my pull away favourite even if I do prefer G1 designs but the 2 wip Dinobots I just cracked have me back stuck in the middle.

If anyone is looking to get into these lines, there are a couple of kos out and more coming.

Ive been offering the KO wip Dx9 Hulkie in G1 and G2 colors as well as a new KO of the wip Dx9 Galvatron.

All are extremely reasonably priced. Feel free to check em out here for cost and order info...

20. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if you've had either KO in hand. I'm curious how the quality compares.