War for Cybertron Walmart Netflix Soundwave Battle 3-Pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Lazerwave, Nov 28, 2020.

1. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

It's difficult to tell if it's hopeless or not judging from that photo alone because on the figure's left upper thigh I can't see which way the slot for the mushroom peg, so I can't be sure what part it actually is. It looks like that slot is facing outward, if that's the case that would be fixable for sure since you'd still have a matched set of upper thigh pieces just assembled wrong, then you could assemble them correctly by tapping the pin out of the hinge, swapping the parts to their proper leg making sure to face the proper way, and tapping the pin back into the hinge. However, if it were swapped that way then the left thigh would be locked up and the pose you have it in wouldn't be possible unless it was forced past the corresponding hip part, so you may have two left thigh pieces instead of a matched set.

Viewing a couple more angles would be easier to say definitively, I took a look at my sample and it looks like it might not be too difficult to work on.

2. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I should have been more clearer sorry! My Soundwave has two left hips so rotating doesn’t help. I think I’m out of luck unless someone has a Soundwave with two right hips

• Like Like x 1
  3. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man. That’s rough. You could canabalize a siege Soundwave, as I think they reuse a lot of parts. My siege figure is at work while my Netflix is at home, so I can’t easily compare.

If you don’t have a siege Soundwave, I can send you my junker for shipping. I’m thinking that’s your easiest fix.

4. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

If you're absolutely sure you have 2 left thighs, then yeah you're out of luck. I suspect you'll find greater odds of a replacement than someone with two right pieces.

5. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I really appreciate the offer but for some mysterious reason Siege and Netflix have different hips at least on a visual level so a straight swap isn’t a fix I’m looking into. Weird part to remold as it’s hidden by the hip skirt but ah well. I think I’ll look for a replacement figure

6. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well nuts. I was looking at pics and it looks like the grey tones are different too.

7. Whistle Rymes

Whistle Rymes Well-Known Member

Really dig this figure. I hate the price I paid for him on eBay but it was an impulse buy lol and still worth it. He looks fantastic, the lightpiping is great, and now my Soundblaster can have at least one cassette. Only thing is I despise Ravage's transformation. I might just be an idiot but I always need to watch someone do it beforehand.

8. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #1

News Credits:
    Managed to snag a new copy of this elusive figure on eBay for a relatively good price. It’s a gorgeous figure in hand; plenty of paint apps and poses like a champ. The light piping is up there with Kingdom Cyclonus as some of the best I’ve ever seen on a mainline Transformer. The transformation is simple but very addicting. The fact that he comes with his two trademark cassette minions really seals the deal.

This will be my go-to G1 Soundwave for the foreseeable future. Highly recommended!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Soundwave Chicken.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Popcorn anyone?
    Soundwave Popcorn.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

Man, seeing all the pictures you guys are posting, I really wish I could have gotten this guy. It mat come to biting the bullet and paying those ebay prices but he looks worth it. For anyone willing to share, what are you guys paying for him? He's going for anywhere from $50-70 on there right now.

12. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got it at retail. I don’t usually pay scalper prices.

I would advise you that I’d expect this mold to show up again. No way this is the only release.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

You really think so? I'm of the opinion that it's the complete opposite and since it's an exclusive it won't be showing up again. I don't know of Hasbro re-releasing any exclusives, at least in the other lines I collect. I don't want to pay scalper prices but I'm out of options, sadly.

14. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They did rerelease some of the War for Cybertron exclusives again. In particular Red Wing got a second release, as I think some of the Sideswipe rereleases.

I don’t think it will show up again as a three pack. That will likely be exclusive. But I just can’t see letting this mold in particular never seeing a rerelease. It has enough retooling that I think Hasbro will want to use it again.

15. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with you there, if it does get a second release it'll probably be just Soundwave without the tapes. I may take your advice and hold off a while to see if anything happens. Here's hoping.

16. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do what is best for you. If you must have him, buy him now. I can’t tell you what to do as I already have him, so I’m a bad source of advice. If he’s never released again, I’d hate to cause you to miss him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I appreciate that. I'm going to give it thought before I jump. I could always use Siege Soundwave since he's a little cheaper but I'd honestly rather have both.:p 

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Soundwave Jr.
    DSCN5979.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Aw Man, I'm so stuffed. I think I need to loosen.
    Soundwave food.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Don't tap the glass
    Soundwave Aquarium.jpg

• Like Like x 6