War for Cybertron Voting

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundslave, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

:rolleyes: 

2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that Facebbok or Instagram?

3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Needlenose! Tracks! Nooo!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    While it's no consolation to Beast Wars fans, Many of those molds were done right the first time and their show molds are near perfect accuracy, with the ones that needed the updates to correct inconsistencies having already been done. The only ones left in that regard are Terrorsaur, Tigerhawk, Airrazor, and Tigatron. No reason to re-do TM molds, and Majority of TM2 were accurate too though I do want a new TM2 Dragon Megs that's compatible to POTP Optimal. Beast Machines Silverbolt is about the only one there that didn't get a full accurate either. The others were mostly redone or already had show accurate versions with modern articulation. G1 on didn't. But we still will likely get more beast wars much much later. They'll have to wait like G1 fans did.

Used to be in G1 updates, we got lucky if we got figures in other series like the Grimlock/Swoop two pack, or Arcee, Downshift, & Rodimus in Energon. Right now Beast Wars is getting that treatment with the occasional in Generations. Give them some time and more will likely filter in. Right now, let Hasbro ride that nostalgia wave and eventually that wave will lead there. But Tigerhawk first.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drucker

Drucker Honest Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook

6. Drucker

Drucker Honest Decepticon

News Credits:
    New results with both sites:
    IvsM 820
    SvsW 740
    NvsT 710

Not really a big difference... I guess Spinister and Needlenose aren't famous enough.

7. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    #NeedlenoseVsSpinister

What I actually should vote for.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its too close, make all three!

• Like Like x 1
  9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Based upon the description about Wheeljack, it seems he would have his Cybertronian altmode as seen in ep.01 - in turn, this seems to suggest indeed, all of the WFC figures will feature Cybertronian altmodes in the Floro Dery and pre-Floro Dery style.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this elsewhere but I would be super excoted for this Megatron

872de5b597d2184bda2bda64efafb89e-1.jpg

[​IMG]

That Megatron was never made....just his battle suit. Which would have been awesome leader in potp....minus stickers.

He reminds me of a RickDom....which i very much like

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

So Impactor is gonna be a decepticon turned Autobot? Or is he gonna be a spy?  I can\'t really see him as a spy, though.

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    You do realize that last word is plural right?

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mirage currently dead right now. Spinister is with the Scavengers. The pairing is realistic happening in this continuatity Tracks and Needlenose. Unless there is a reboot of some kind I would like to see all three

14. Icefire90

Icefire90 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    If they aren’t rebooting i feel like it could be a prequel comic, considering they said the mirage and impactor storyline would be getting him to serve the autobots

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the way they were discussing Wheeljack vs Impactor, I suspect that they already have those two designed and ready to go, assuming that an A Lister and a Wrecker will top the other selections.

16. Icefire90

Icefire90 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I hope so, these all seem really interesting

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    In reference of Beast wars which is part of the G1 continuity family as a far future tangent, does it matter if it is or isn't plural?
    It is still technically part of G1 itself. And as I said, nearly all TM and TM2 molds were animation perfect and have modern articulation. How can they improve on them? Most of Pre-TM has already been covered. Only missing a few. And out of TM2, really only Dragon Megatron and Tigerhawk need updates. Nearly all the rest would be straight re-releases of their originals. Why even waste the budget on making a toy that was already made correctly from the start. Especially if the previous version is still going to be superior to it because of the change in materials cost.

Though I would love to see them done in titan master/Prime Master packs. And other ways of acknowledging them or having those characters grow as they have been introduced into the IDW-verse would be interesting.

I personally have to agree with leaning on the budget for bots that never saw decent articulation in the past over ones that did, while also still occasionally doing updates of versions that weren't done so well in the past like Cheetor, Rattrap, Rhinox, Tankor, Dinobot, and Waspinator all got. But if people are expecting TM and TM2, the majority of those are likely to stay skipped in favor of normal BW and the last remaining BM vehicons. The only strongly likely figures eventually are Thrust and Jetstorm, the Tigerhawk Hasbro keeps mentioning they want to do but haven't found a place for yet, and they could probably do with an update of Beast Machines Silverbolt and Nightscream. Rampage and Depth Charge from BW are a hit or miss. Their original figures and the size of their scale to the core cast makes them a bit more of a debate, and like many of the TM/TM2 figures, they were already really accurate with good articulation. Tigerhawk is one of those rare exceptions, like Black Arachnia. Original Tarantulas could probably be redone, but his best version is the TM mold, and that one was perfect. A redo on TM2 Megatron would be good to include compatibility to the new Optimal. Botanica is still missing too, and she'd make a great retool for Quintessa.

But with the upcoming theme leaning on Cybertronian modes, the only figures from BW/BM that'd fit here are the remaining Vehicon generals. Though Megabolt Megatron could be interesting if done as compatible to Fortress Maximus like the original was. So as I said, give it time. When there's a spot for it, they'll work them in. But until then, be patient. Many G1 fans had to wait 20 years to get theirs. It's not like Hasbro is closing tomorrow never to make toys again. They'll get to them eventually.

18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    So what you’re saying is g1, g1, g1? Why do things necessarily need to “improve” on old figures? None of the beast wars updates have been animation accurate, not even the thrilling 30 ones, so why start now? There are idw designs for the characters they could use. They could also stand to do more rid01 and unicron trilogy updates

• Like Like x 1
  19. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Almost none of the Beast Machines figures were show accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... Assuming this IS a prequel/reboot series...

Who do you think the Autobot leader is?

I really think a G1 animated Sentinel Prime with Animated Sentinel Prime personality and aspects would be kind of cool. Orion Pax could sort of be the Starscream to his Megatron, pointing out the errors in his plan and maybe working with Alpha Trion to launch a coupe as Sentinel is proving increasingly unstable as a leader.

Oh. And thinking back, didn't G1 cartoon Megatron brainwash some Decepticon recruits? Maybe the line gimmick could involve removable faction symbols that can be swapped? Ie. this is a point in the war when people's loyalties aren't fully decided yet. Maybe not even an open war yet but covert strikes back and forth in a peaceful society that simply views "both sides" as bad and doesn't see war as inevitable yet. "Decepticons? Autobots? They're fringe political parties. Free speech is the right of all sentient beings."

• Like Like x 2