War for Cybertron Voice Actor Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TriBlurr, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn’t know Ross and Berger were still around. I loved Ross’s Springer. Didn’t know Jack Angel was still alive either. Loved his Astrotrain. I wonder if we’ll get Grimlock…

2. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    I don't want Welker as MEgatron...

I never liked Welker's Megatron...oh god I'm so dead after that sentence...

I hope Corey Burton does him, I loved his Megatron voice in Animated...

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still here. ;) 

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Time will tell, though you should know the developers seem to favor the 80's show pretty heavily; they mention countless times in interviews, print/embedded videos.

Whatever, happens, I hope the story and gameplay will be enough to sway you back to purchasing the game--it isn't often we get a decent game, and we all know this game all of our support for there ever to be another one.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You see, I don't "dislike" Welker's Megatron.

I just...

Kinda...HATE IT AND ALL THAT DISAGREE!

No biggie y'see

6. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Well Welker's voice does match with this Megatron's image but I hope to hear something along the lines of Weaving's voice.

I would like to see something like Animated. Just a guy doing his job and is good at what he does. Having him Optimus to "Optimus Prime" sounds better, I was never a fan of the name Optronix.

If we ever get Hot Rod chances are he will be Rodimus if he's not a Prime already, that way it stays consistent.

Also I heard we were suppose to get full CG renders of the characters last Wednesday, that never happened -_-'

7. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    It's the same pic from the Gameinformer issue I have. I hope Cullen voices him. Love me some Ironhide.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    G1 voice actors? Oh hell yes! :D  Dan Gilvezan for Bumblebee or GTFO.

9. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I would so love that. Is Casey Kasem still alive? Bring him back for Cliffjumper and Bluestreak.

10. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Yes he is. But unfortunately, it was Transformers that pretty much made him leave voice acting. :( 

11. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

Ow. Looks like he twisted his right leg something bad.

Yeah. Very Arcee-like head.

Yeah, he just recently retired from the Top 40, so hopefully that'll increase the odds.

12. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

Huh? He's been doing Shaggy for years. According to Wikipedia, he's just retired from that as well, though.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    This pretty much means so far we'll have Cullen as Prime and Hide, and Welker as Megatron, Soundwave, and... well, the multitude of characters he voiced.

14. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I meant to say that he was offended by how the Transformers cartoon portrayed his race during the third season episode "Thief in the Night," which made him leave Transformers, not voice acting. My bad.

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i would LOVE to hear Cullen reprise his Ironhide voice

=)

16. mainframe

mainframe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i still want to hear who the voices are

17. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Oh me as well I am personally hopping for Peter Cullen (Ironhide and Optimus Prime), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), Michael Bell (Prowl), Corey Burton (Shockwave), Tom Kenny (Starscream) and Bumper Robinson (Bumblebee), talk about an all star cast.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What’s up with all the red on Megatron? The color scheme given him looks pretty weird, I don’t think it suits his silver head at all—hope it’s explained.

Where did you pull that number out of? The last interview spoke of teams of three wouldn’t three have been a better number?

You can tell an origin story with as many characters as you like. It isn’t as if every character is the star of the story. We all know Optimus and Megatron are get most of the screen time as the game focuses on their meeting and falling out. Starscream has some part in there, but aside from that we know very, very little really.

The game is going to online with multi-player modes. I would be shocked if gamers aren’t reward with notable (playable) characters along with made up generic ones for those jumping online with out unlocking achievements/trophies.

Podcast up at Gameinformer.com spoke of G1 voice actors returning to reprises their roles, although they weren’t at liberty to say who’s participating and what role he/she might play, the said a formal announce will be made by Activision soon. They were aloud to say that Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus Prime, however.

I can’t wait for the 2-minute trailer to hit. I hope it features some gameplay mixed in with CGI, as I’m dying to see the game in action. I hope it plays NOTHING like the movie games which are just terrible—transforming, attacking, button lay out, in and out audio, the inability to lock-on to targets and the inability to stop monotonous dialogues make for a very unpleasant time :( 

I don’t want to see every single character have the same stupid melee attack which is limited to just three hits! I want to see them chain hits together while throwing a few laser bolts/missiles in there. I wouldn’t mind seeing animation of robots ripping off limbs (Prime split one down the middle in the teaser), casting them aside or using them for a few hits before moving on to the next bot in way.

Here’s hoping this game is more like Armada or even better—I would actually be happy with an Armada style game (it was a lot of fun for what it was)!

19. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Well personally if it was up to me I would want Frank Welker to do the voice however, if I had to choose anyone else it would be Corey Burton. Burton’s Megatron was easily the best Megatron to date (accept of course for Frank Welker).

20. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I don't really know much about this game other than the new trailer that I just saw, but it looks very "G1" to me, so any G1 voice actors willing to reprise their roles would be fine with me.

Welker's Megatron sounded fine to me in the RotF game, y'know, AS G1 Megatron (thank God Michael Bay went with Hugo Weaving for the movies, the voice works so much better) but since this is G1-esque it's gotta be Welker.

But yeah, if they wanna do this right, they gotta get as many G1 actors as possible, and great replacements for those that aren't alive anymore or who don't wanna do it. (I like the idea of Tom Kenny as Starscream again)