War for Cybertron Titan Class listed on Amazon.ca, plus Commander Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lazerwave, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still wouldn’t be surprised to see a Star Saber/Victory Leo merged with Wing Saber/Leobreaker and both combine with each other and Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Isn't "Commander" what Hasbro calls the Larger Cyber Battalion figures? maybe thats what this is about?

3. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    I have no doubt that if they go with a "SS & VL" combo-pack that one or both of them will be able to combine with Leader Op. The 5mm peg system they are using heavily for the weaponizers SHOULD be the main attachment between them, so my bet would be combination opportunities with everyone in the Siege line...

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

An Armada Jetfire Overload Prime remake would be neat.  Or a 4ft tall Unicron like those $100 Vader statues at Target.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    At a guess, I'd imagine it'll be more of a one at retail, one via exclusive/Select (but yes, both would be compatible w/Galaxy Convoy). That is, we'd get SS/VL at retail in pretty faithful colors/alt-modes*, then WS/LB as head-swaps in proper colors but not entirely accurate character models via Select (as an example).

*Maybe SS has some echoes of Energon Wing Saber, e.g. knee missiles or more blue in his feet

• Like Like x 1
  6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    price would rule that out.

You know something like Scorponok would be decent at a size between Leader and Titan.... I'd been wondering for a while if WFC II might be something Headmaster related.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I don't think Star Saber/Victory Leo would be sold together. Leo, like Godbomber, breaks down too perfectly into what Hasbro is currently presenting as the "standard" for Weaponizers.

The smart play would be to make a leader Star Saber who transformers somewhat similar to G1, with the armored portion being somewhat hollow so it could break down into armor for Prime. And here's the thing, even if that armor was only compatible with Prime...it wouldn't exactly be "unfair" as long as Saber was still compatible with Leo and other Weaponizer figures. The bonus combination with Prime would be just that.

Though, personally, I'm still pissed that any potential Star Saber combiner type figure wouldn't be built for CW Prime. Oh well, we've got a Toy Fair in a few weeks so hopefully they reveal something that gives us a heads up on if we should buy Voyager or Leader Prime if we're planning for future combining shenanigans.

• Like Like x 1
  8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    You might just be on to something there... plus, how many of the characters from the Prime poll are showing up in Seige: Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, Hound...

9. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I'd definitely be down for Marvel comics Fort Max if we ever get a toy of him.

Then I guess that'll be two previous CHUG Jetfires going into alt-mode on the shelf.

I was considering that as well. Could this mean we can rely on Hasbro to bring us 'Takara specials', now? I've already got Big Powered on preorder, though.

Going by the poll a while back, I'm guessing Scorponok will be a Titan, as well (though personally I really want him and Fort Max as Supreme-class figures. Maybe one day). I'm pretty sure Hastak aren't done with the Titan/Headmasters, either. They were pretty popular and there are still quite a few G1 'Masters left to be updated (Of course they could also sneak in the likes of Armada Overload and Sideways in there as well).

• Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I would love to see what Hasbro and Takara could do with an updated Overload. Dude seems tailor made for the Siege line. (Hell, a retooled version of Leader Prime's cannon backpack/trailer with a little minicon buddy forming the head might almost do it.

"Victory Saber" marketed as a single character similar to how Devy and Predaking were sold at retail could work. And then you'd be introducing the idea of Voyager/Leader weaponizers using popular fan characters.

But then, who goes to retail? Do they repaint/retool Saber as someone else to go with Leobreaker in stores and cross sold with Prime?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Presented with tongue firmly in cheek (and a heap of confirmation bias because I adore Sky Lynx)!:p 
    ts_sky_lynx.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 15.36.59.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 15.37.10.png
    Not saying it's a done deal by any means just a fervent desire. Hopefully the itch to know will be scratched at Toyfair but I'd eagerly pay $70 or so for Commander Modesty as two combining Leader class component vehicle/beasts.
    Bonus if they remodel his Lynx/Transporter in homage to the G1 Micromaster Rocket Base, with the rocket swapped for a shuttle!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Neko-bot77

News Credits:
    IIRC, in G1 packaging Ultra Magnus and Galvatron both had "City Commander" on their packaging... FWIW...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That is also true, plus Lieutenant Commander is actually the rank below Commander.
    I highly doubt a second Mags in the line so soon but in Galvy's case though wasn't that a bit of a fudge to avoid a Movie Spoiler? An unlikely candidate in my book buuuuuuuut still a candidate, seeing as Mags and Shockers were both POTP contenders and might possibly be recycled engineering design concepts a Megs-into-Galvy at POTP Leader size could be a goer!

14. Neko-bot77

News Credits:
    I also remembered that in the Japanese G1 series' the leader of the Autobots was refered to as the "Supreme Commander"....

• Like Like x 2
  15. DeletedUser_85176

DeletedUser_85176 Guest

Everyone is talking about how all of the new figures are overpriced...blame the retailers and the scalpers, not Hasbro
    HasbroToyShop had deluxes listed as $9.99 msrp, yet they are $19.99 in the stores, or $24.99 from a scalper.

Also, comparing the prices to 3rd Party, well...we only have ourselves to blame for that. There are so many 3P makers now, it's bleeding ridiculous!
    Hasbro sees that we are willing to drop $200 for a figure, so they up their prices to stay competitive, regardless of quality...they aren't exactly making for collectors, except the studio series.

16. CrossHero

CrossHero Nothing is too weird

This is just a weird thought of mine but could the "Commander" maybe be Dai Atlas and the rest of the "Powered Masters"? The prize for a leader-class and two delux-class figures would work and "Big Powered" is basicly associated with the Micro Masters.
    And considering that Takara is going to release Big Powered next month maybe Hasbro will import it despite beeing a rather unfamiliar character in the west.
    Also according to the TFWiki, Dai Atlas was the "Supreme Commander" after StarSaber retired.
    Dai Atlas (Zone) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  17. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    That was a mistake on HTS's part. Hasbro has said that MSRP for the Siege Deluxes is $19.99. They've now updated their online catalog to say so.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    maybe its a case of them?

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Okay, finally got some screencaps.

SOP1.PNG SOP2.PNG

Is anybody else wondering just what these red panels on Prime's legs are for?

Also, Shockwave isn't a "leader" and guys like Blackjack and Roadburn weren't "legends." It's a price point.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    those panels are vestigial from the way magnus' trailer folds up

• Like Like x 1