War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I really wanna order Jetfire but I'm like 90% certain that my girlfriend may have bought one for me as a birthday gift. I won't know until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest and it sucks!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Happy early birthday!

• Like Like x 5
  3. PGaither84

PGaither84 Just a guy

Sixgun is flimsy as a stand alone toy, or at least the left foot has been. However, the nature of the toy is to be a Weaponizer, which is a role it fills perfectly. I did not care about Cog because the color scheme doesn't really go well with any of the Autobots (in my opinion). However, Sixgun is so cool that if there still are some available in a month, I might buy a second. Sixgun looks great with Sideswipe and Ironhide. I haven't gotten around to putting him with Optimus, Magnus nor Prowl yet, but I feel he will be just as nice. Color scheme matters to me, and the pictures I have seen of Cog with Magnus and Prime just don't do it for me, but Sixgun has that right balance of red and white for my tastes. I think it also helps that Sixgun pulls off a "jet pack" look and feel which Cog doesn't really look/feel like.

I am not a fan of either Chromia (Siege or Thrilling 30). I never liked the Moonracer mold, but the "improvements" are minor fixes hich at least make it playable. Moonrcer doesn't even roll, as her legs have some bits which drag on the ground which are at least fixed in Chromia. I mostly bought Chromia because: 1) I live in Peru and if I didn't, I would have missed my chance as they only import a few. 2) Her connection with Ironhide. 3) I got a discount for buying all four, making the per unit cost much lower. It is harder for a seller to unload singles than it is to unload a full pack of 4. Still, she i the weakest of the four.

I adore Ironhide and Prowl. You have seen my Prowl pictures and I will dedicate as much to Ironhide when it is his turn. The lack of a backpack for Ironhide and Prowl and solid "backs" make them display well even from behind (think battle scenes). Ironhide has a lot of potential for custom paint as well. He has a lot of places where I want to add silver and gold to his Greeble, feet and so forth. I wish he had a blue or charcoal windshield, but that is neither here nor there. I love his height between Sideswipe/Prowl/Hound compared to Optimus Prime despite also being a Deluxe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Arggh, my Jetfire from Amazon is stuck at "not yet shipped" and it's killing me. If it gets cancelled by them and I miss out getting it elsewhere I'm going to be so pissed. Between this and work slowing down like crazy, I am just not having a good week here. Edit: called them up and they suggested I cancel it because it's out of stock. Anyone else still waiting might do the same, I ordered through Toy Dojo...who hopefully have enough.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

Great!!! Thanks for the articulate answer....it helped me make a choice....getn all of them

• Like Like x 3
  7. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I had heard some of the figures would have hover modes with wheels flipping down

• Like Like x 1
  8. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

Yeah they said that but only executed it with Voyager Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't cancel, yet. Amazon has pulled off the impossible, before.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    Walmart.com had 5 Refraktors left in stock. I just snagged 3 out of the 5. Looking forward to my $60 camera. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Repainted him to look more like the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 24
  12. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    When did you preorder Jetfire from Amazon?

13. lordcryotek

It was last week so I think I missed the boat. I called up customer service and they recommended I cancel. It had gone from being projected to deliver on Wednesday to having no date at all.

14. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    That sucks but yeah, if you dont preorder the first day it becomes available, not likely to get it in the first wave of releases. I ordered mine back in February and it still hasn't shipped so it could happen to me also, happend 3 times before with the Amazon exclusives.

15. lordcryotek

Welp, here's hoping Toy Dojo's got enough! I'm pretty bummed out that I won't be getting him this week, if I didn't get him at all I'd be straight up depressed. I hate having to pre-order at all, makes the hobby a lot less fun. On another, more positive note, once I get him and Omega I'll have everything from Siege that I want until the December waves and that gives me plenty of time to hunt if I do miss out on the early releases.

16. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

So got Smashdown and Caliburst from Amazon today, whom I've teamed up with an already Sixgun decked out Ironhide and TR Krok respectively.

Caliburst with Krok turned out like a match made in heaven which works great for my collection considering I have him next to TR Triggerhappy with Siege Blowpipe and TR Misfire with Siege Aimless.

IMG_20190701_205204179.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  17. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

I got my battlemasters today as well but was really disappointed with how floppy the effects are. Even dazzlestrike was floppy. I don’t remember that on my others. Are all of these effects super bendy? Caliburst in particular I’m expecting to not be straight for much longer if in gun mode.

18. Notqr

Notqr Not Q R

Yeah my Amazon purchase doesnt look like its gonna ship on time either. But all the other options are from scalpers and will arrive after my vacation, so I feel like I might as well wait a few more weeks to see if they pull through.

19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    They're made from soft plastic, yes. I would just recommend not leaving the effects on unless the figures are in a diorama or in some action poses.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  20. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    You talking about Jetfire? When did you preorder?