War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. BahWeepGranah

BahWeepGranah Well-Known Member

Count me in too! While I'm definitely interested in scaling Siege Megs with MP10v, I'll probably go with the smaller extender as I worry about making the thigh look too long + thin. I'm relatively new to collecting, so maybe I'm way off but I feel like something can be done under the feet to make up the difference. Regardless, thank you for posting the various mods you've tried. You've made it so we can appreciate the figure in a variety of ways (even as a combiner LOL), beyond the limited way Hasbro would have us appreciate it. Again, I appreciate it. Wow, this thread is really teeming with appreciation.

Btw, is that massive cannon also going to make your shapeways shop? And did the arm joints support it all right?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I don't want to

• Like Like x 8
  3. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Just curious about this. Any of you guys planning to get either/both Hasbro and/or TOMY exclusives if they are announced?

Sorry for being lazy but I am not going through every thread to see if this is discussed. And the reason I asked is because I am curious. That, and it it made me wonder who will have an exclusive first while I was looking at the differences between Hasbro's Micromasters and Takara's Zone/Return of Convoy lines (as well as debate if it is safe to return to the fandom).

Since proper typing and correct use of punctuation marks are always needed... I cannot "Eat Sleep and B. Merry"? :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gallade

Gallade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, mostly Hasbro since I can afford them. I mean, come on. I'm not gonna skip on a G1-esque Ratchet in Siege.

For your question about the fandom, uh... that's on you, pal. Every fandom is going to be toxic regardless so it's up to you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

...You know, I didn't really have any interest in Cog, given I don't own a FortMax and I didn't really particularly care for his alt...But after seeing some of these pics of him partnered with Optimus, especially in truck mode...Gawd damn it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Uh, He's behind me, isn't he?"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 28
  7. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well lookee who scales perfectly with Megatron!

IMG_20181121_080047.jpg IMG_20181121_080115.jpg

Also been messing around with finding just the right weapon for Optimus.
    I like the G1 styled one, but others look good too. This is from Generations Jetfire:
    IMG_20181121_080140.jpg

Oh, and just because...
    IMG_20181119_134302.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  8. Dachande

News Credits:
    Using the Cybertron mold honestly makes me look forward to the Siege Starscream even more.
    IMG_20181121_084206.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you were appreciating a work of art would you erase part of it and modify it. Would you call that appreciating. Because to me it's saying "I think it's okay but it needs this or that"

• Like Like x 2
  10. Darkryt

Darkryt Combiner Enthusiast

There's nothing wrong with having fun with your toys and sharing it online, and for some, "fun" also means repainting, modifying, dissembling and reassembling them and adding parts not originally intended to work together.

Let us not forget that at the end of the day, these things are toys. Their primary purpose is to be played with. (okay, technically their primary purpose is to make the company money but eh, details.)

That said, I have seen several people post photos of their customs in the CW and TR threads and there was never a problem.

• Like Like x 14
  11. Dachande

News Credits:
    I mod my stuff all the time. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate the original figure, it just means I want to put my own personal touch on it. If I didn't like the figure I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

I removed the battle damage paint from the head, chest and arms on Megatron, added red to the biceps and torso sides, and gave him ankles. Doesn't take away the fact the figure didn't need any modifications because it's pretty darn awesome to begin with. I just like to tinker.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

They're channeling one aspect of the original G1 ones very well...

...how much fun something so small and simple can be.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dachande

News Credits:
    Mmm...chicken...

• Like Like x 8
  14. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I would really like to see that mod, or if it's on Radicons, perhaps a link. Also, what did you use to remove that "battle damage" paint, and did it come off easily or was it difficult?

I know myself and several others have expressed interest in removing the battle damage paint if possible, and could use some advise and a look at the finished product.

The appreciation threads have had numbers photos posted of customs and figures with upgrade kits or Reprolabels. If someone is willing to put effort into customizing a figure, it means they like it enough to give it that extra push to perfection. I personally have done that for many of my figures, and painted most of my Titan Masters who sorely needed some color. I love them even more after doing so.

Most people enjoy seeing these customs, and it is nice to see what a figure can become. There are many ways to appreciate something on this site, showing off mods is one of them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    Alright fellas, sorry if this is inappropriate, but I think the point has been made. I don't think Snarl meant to be offensive by his take, and he was corrected to the purpose of the thread. It's alright, were just here to show some appreciation, sometimes in our own ways. :)  That's not say I agree with the original statement, I personally customize my figures and see no less appreciation in that.

Oooh man. I like that slight rise in the thighs, raises him by almost the perfect hair. Might have to jump on a pair when they're up :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dachande

News Credits:
    No Radicons thread. I did this at work at my desk, so it's super simple.
    The battle paint comes off with 91% alcohol, Q-tips and lots of light scrubbing. Takes time, but it eventually comes off.
    The paint didn't bother me in the slightest, and I actually like it. I just wanted to make the alt mode different than bot mode, and although that still leaves it on the legs, at least it isn't as wide-spread and does make a difference.

Here's the reason I changed the ankles- I love posing my figures in natural stances, and wanted more range than the already impressive stock ankles allowed:
    IMG_20181121_114552.jpg IMG_20181121_114526.jpg

My main Optimus is now the Siege one, so I felt no need to add height to Megatron. Unfortunately, to allow for ankle clearance, it added about a centimeter to the overall height. I'm okay with that as it isn't obvious and barely looks taller at all.

One parting shot:
    IMG_20181121_114409.jpg

• Like Like x 36
  17. Arko22

Arko22 Shaman

I wish there was a simpler fix for the ankles. I'm ok with how they are stock, but they could be so much better, like what you have done.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Arko22

Arko22 Shaman

Do we know yet if the new Chromia is a combiner???

19. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    We knew she wouldn't be a combiner from the minute she was revealed, and that was months ago.

She may share a lot of engineering with Moonracer, but Chromia lacks both the 5mm port on the front of the car and the combiner peg kibble on the back, which is why her backpack is much smaller than Moonracer's.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I wish the Titan head brown matched the sige brown
    20181121_105223.jpg 20181121_105208.jpg

• Like Like x 16