War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

I still remember saving up my allowance and buying Cybertron Prime at my local Biggs. Funny how he didn't feel huge back then but does now.
    Really looking forward to getting to the Siege update. Nice touch on the TR Prime sword. Good stand in for Rhisling.

• Like Like x 2
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What a magnificent sonuvabitch!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    IMG_20190521_071254.jpg IMG_20190521_071406.jpg

• Like Like x 28
  5. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    You gotta put Prowl in a Blade Runner background!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

In the USA. I locked in a back up on BBTS, though I don't want to wait on their slow @$$ distribution.... I just don't think it makes sense for RA though. He isn't a limited release, just a part of wave 3, so why cancel orders? I did end up getting Smokescreen, and a trio of Refraktors ordered from BBTS too. Surprised those aren't on HasPulse or Amazon. Now bring on the Skywarp and G2 Sideswipe sets!

Gawd this is going to be an EXPENSIVE SUMMER! I'm glad I stopped buying so many 3P figures, though MTCD still has my attention.

• Like Like x 2
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    "You have no sense of strategy, no sense of subtlety. You are a missile with a mouth, Starscream!"
    From TF:UK #42 'Crisis of Command!'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  8. Optimugatron

That is such a great line!

So after finally getting most of wave 2, I just wanted to share my thoughts...
    (Surprisingly for my area, I got all of wave 2 at Wal-Mart, after multiple trips to multiple stores).

First and foremost, Siege is knocking it out of the park! This line has already exceeded my expectation and hopes. Any tiny complaints I have are easily overshadowed by the awesomeness of these figures.

Shockwave still remains my favorite in the line, but the Omega Supreme and Jetfire (Skyfire finally!) may usurp that throne.
    Starscream comes in at a solid second. He has the best articulation in the line, and the chest plate is a minor annoyance. This Starscream is the one I have been waiting for. All he needs is an alcohol bath and perhaps different Null Rays. I still cannot get on board with liking battle damage, it just does not appeal to me, and in most cases, they just seem dirty to me.
    Soundwave is just pure awesome. If I can find some decent forearm fillers/panels (I've seen options, but can't seem to find where to get them), then I will no longer have any complaints for him. I still need to track down a Spy Patrol for him though. I am definitely thinking of doubling up on the Spy Patrol for repaints.
    Sixgun is pure win. Nuff said. I need to get another. Ok, now nuff said.
    Ironhide is so close to perfect, but those leg panels bother me more than they should. Even after the fix, they just really hamper his silhouette, lessening my love for the mold. The rest of him is aces though (and I love the hammer launcher, if only I could figure out how everyone is sticking Sixgun on it...)
    Prowl is this line's dark horse if you ask me. I don't think anybody was that excited about him, but the general consensus of opinions seem to be awesome in hand, and I cannot agree any less.
    Chromia is a skip, for now. I may pick her up if I need a fix for my plastic addition, but nothing screams need having Gen 30 Chromia.
    Pteraxodon is a very clever design, I really like it, i just wish it had paint on both sides of the blades. Aimless is just fine, and I really like the blast effects. I may need a set of them for each seeker as the seem perfect for Null Ray blasts, in my head cannon.
    I have lost interest in the Micromaster sets, but the Rescure Patrol may be a good pairing for Prowl. I may get it next time I see it. Right now they are pegwarming. I've seen at least 5 of them at 2 Wal-Marts, with not 1 Spy Patrol...

All in all, while I think wave 1 has better overall execution and was the perfect way to start the line, however, wave 2 does not slouch at bringing the awesome. I have no personal interest in Galaxy Upgrade Prime, and with Wave 3 and the big boys hitting this summer, my money will be better spent going to them.
    Jetfire/Skyfire is looking to be a grand slam homerun surpassing anything I could hope for from Hasbro, and after watching TonTon and Optibotimus reviews, I think only widespread QC issues could mire his release.
    Omega Supreme looks perfect, nothing more, nothing less. As long as he has plenty of strong ratchets, he could become the best Titan (in my opinion).
    Springer is poised to give Gen30 Springer a run for his money. More G1 faithful, great looking articulation, and a perfect headsculpt. Before this line, I would never have believed that Gen30 Springer could be replaced, but Siege Ultra Magnus has set the precedent. My Wreckers shelf is going to be well staffed it seems.
    Brunt looks awesome in every way, but something tells me his individual components may not be as versatile as with Cog and Sixgun. I hope I am wrong...

And finally, something I was speculating about to myself. The next line should be perfect for a new Galvatron, a straight forward Voyager, akin to Optimus and Megatron, while making Rodimus Prime a Leader. Now hear me out. If we take the overall concept and execution of Leader Shockwave and Ultra Magnus, we can have our perfect Rodimus. Vehicle mode can be the sports car like Hot Rod, with the Winnebago trailer. Trailer becomes a gun turret, or can break up into optional armor bits more akin to Shockwave instead of upgrading the bot like Ultra Magnus. The core bot will be Rodimus Prime only, and you can choose to give him extra bits like Shockwave. He can then scale perfectly with the other leaders, maintain his G1 design, and stay within budget for Leader, while still being worth the price, to most. The precedents are there, and if HasTak have half a brain (which this line proves they do....), then that should be fairly easily executed with a 1 line buffer from POTP to keep him from being redundant...

• Like Like x 7
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

2FE10C9B-5FC2-4111-A973-2D0F25D5B327.jpeg
    Battle effects can be used for everything,

• Like Like x 9
  10. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    TFSafari have got this kit for pre-order.

It's a full set of filler parts for Soundwave, including hinged door panels for his forearms, but be aware this kit only comes in unpainted white. You will need to paint it yourself.

Another kit, discussed in this thread, will be available from TFSafari.com soon, probably in the next few days.

It will be a smaller kit containing hinged doors for Soundwave's forearms and panels for the back of his shoulders designed to allow you to slide them back for additional fan mode fun.
    This kit is probably going to be finished in gray, as shown in the photos in the discussion.

Hope one (or both) of these kits appeal to you.

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  11. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @Optimugatron your comments regarding the "battle damage" reminded me of how my acceptance of it is weirdly dependent on the color it's applied to, and I wondered if anyone else thought this. The paint on red (OP), blue(Soundwave), or green(Hound) I'm oddly fine with. But when it's applied to the grey plastic, it drives me up a wall. I couldn't stand it on Megatron or Starscream and had to immediately break out rubbing alcohol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

Am I wrong or were there suppose to be Siege Voyagers coming out with more G1 Animated Colors and no battle damage? Holding out for that ver of Soundwave.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shattered Trousers

News Credits:
    We're expecting reissues of Optimus and Megatron with cel-shaded paintwork instead of battledirt.

Not quite sure what that means coming from Hasbro, as I don't remember any time they've attempted cel-shaded paint, but it will likely be something like this, designed to look shiny and reflective while not actually being.

Also, Soundwave is going to be redecorated in black with a thicker cassette door (holds two cassettes instead of only one) to make him into Soundblaster.
    It doesn't look like he's going to be cel-shaded, but who can say for sure until we get more than just the one photo.

~L~

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, I really hope he isn't cell-shaded. I just want a good Soundblaster to replace the FoC version.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Shattered Trousers

News Credits:
    I think I'm leaning the same way. I think I want Soundblaster to be in standard deco.

I've never had any Soundblaster in my collection, despite having various Soundwaves.

I'm resisting buying Siege Soundwave, trying to ignore all the talk of how terrific he is, so I can experience the mold for the first time as Soundblaster.

It hasn't been easy, but hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Soundblaster is the one I was thinking of.

17. Optimugatron

Those look good and are probably what I had seen. I really don't care about boombox mode, Lampost mode is good enough for me, but I do really want Forearm panels. Why this doesn't seem to have been done for the likes of Sideswipe and Megatron is a mystery to me. Flywheels looks fine as is though. I PM'ed @ultraman zoffy to see about ordering his design.

I don't like any of it to be honest.... I guess I just like my figures pristine. Honestly, I tried to like it, but I just can't What really bothers me is when the battle damage is painted over painted parts, where basically I have to strip the decorative paints to get rid of that battle damage paint, like with Starscream and Soundwave. I haven't gotten around to do them yet, but trust me, I will. I am particularly worried about Springer. If all that damage is on top of painted yellow parts, it is going to be a major PITA for me to color match. I am not a skilled customizer, I have only done touch ups or small figures. Frankly I suck at it too. Trying to paint match major parts of the figure is a nightmare to me. Especially considering these are basically definitive versions of these characters for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shattered Trousers

News Credits:
    I'm right there with you, buddy, holding out for Soundblaster.

Unless he comes out before the end of May, I think I'm gonna have a whole box of accessories (gap fillers and the like) to add to the figure, but no figure.

~L~

19. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just had a small realisation if a giftset of Refraktor was made in G1 toy colours then each individual robot would somewhat complement the colours of Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker as if they were some sort of partner to them.

20. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The short, short version:

• Like Like x 6