War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 22
  2. Shanxs

Shanxs Well-Known Member

The first figure on that shelve of yours that wil be change is Jetfire when the siege Skyfire is released.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shanxs

Shanxs Well-Known Member

Omg they've used poop on Screamers legs.
    Soundwave light piping eyes looks awesome.
    Although i rather see red eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually think it's paint. They never used poop. US safety laws and all that.

• Like Like x 16
  5. TooManyCats

TooManyCats Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, those pictures from Wonderfest look awesome. I cannot wait for those Wave 2 Voyagers! I wasn't so sure about Starscream before, but that close up has cemented me firmly in the 'gonna be good' camp now.

I rarely double up on figures, but I could see myself buying a few copies of brunt for Troop building....

• Like Like x 4
  6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Grumpy Old Veteran

News Credits:
    Screamer looks good from the front, but he's still a hard pass for me. Jetfire is HUGE, and seen to have changeable faction symbols.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Man, they all look so good, especially Jetfire, Screamer and Soundwave! even Prowl looks pretty good here despite his overly wide shoulder, I guess this angel shows that his legs aren't qute as stumpy as I had thought. Also love Brunt's BM Vehicon-esque robot mode.

8. Fallout

Fallout wake up motherfucker, and smell the slime!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    big intestine trying to keep the little man down... gotta supply my own poop AND prices keep going up. pretty shitty.

• Like Like x 6
  9. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Every time I see SS and SW, sweet baby Greeble. Enough is enough man.

• Like Like x 3
  10. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

Custom made out of 1/2" MDF I got from Home Depot. I roughly drew the jagged edges based on the general dimensions I wanted the shelves to be and then cut them out with a jigsaw. I was going for a crumbling edge look as if they're on a cliff, some other destruction, or maybe even torn out of a comic book. I will at some point paint and detail the shelves but I haven't exactly decided what I want them to be yet.

I will also have built in poseable flight stands of my own design that can be placed in various spots on the shelves.
    received_330647880893625.jpeg

Yeah, I have three shelves similar to this and this one isn't close to being done, it'll have a lot more on it eventually, that's just what I ended up with before I was done for the night.

• Like Like x 7
  11. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Those two are indeed a serious case of overkill. It works on jetfire though..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I like Starscream's design, and Soundwave's as well. Its the right size and the right design (in robot mode) for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OneEpisodeAutobot

OneEpisodeAutobot Active Member

Oh my gosh that Brunt! He’s a day one buy for me. He looks so henchman/grunt that I’m not even going to combine him with anyone, he gets to stand on his own. And does Starscream have a waist ball joint so he can do a cocky hip thrust, or is that actually engineered into him? Either way that’s amazing. And that Jetfire… he is huge, but I’m slowly starting to come around on him.

• Like Like x 5
  14. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I don’t think I can love that Starscream any more than I already do. For the longest time I’ve wanted an affordable G1 Starscream (didn’t start collecting CHUG until after the Classics figure was discontinued). I did a HARD pass on the POTP mold and ended up picking up a loose FOC Screamer from TFsource. I love that figure, but this one is definitely my holy grail of Starscream’s. Love everything about it from head to stiletto. I already preordered him from BBTS so I don’t have to hunt him down for months like I did Wave 1.

Also to those who don’t like the greeble it’s your prerogative and all, however, when the lines first images came out I chose to wait until I had the figures in hand to have any opinions on it. And now that I have some Siege in hand, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I mean sure if you don’t like it I’m not trying to change your minds. But TBH every time I see someone remove it from their figures it makes them seem bland. Just my :2c: 

• Like Like x 6
  15. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Agreed! I think all of the weaponizers look like perfect Army-building material. I already bought 2 Cogs and I plan to do the same with Sixgun and Brunt. I just hope that Hasbro reveals a flying Decepticon Weaponizer. The Decepticons just aren’t complete without some air forces.

16. testrun

testrun Well-Known Member

A bit of off-topic, but this is with relation to the scale(cause I favor if the vehicle mode is in scale with one another)

To anyone that has the machine boy wasp warrior(OS version of the CW bumblebee), can you do a side-by-side comparison with the siege prime vehicle-mode wise? I wanna see if it scale better than the titans return bumblebee

17. OneEpisodeAutobot

Someone else has probably already noticed or commented on this, but looking at Jetfire again and thinking about that comment about swappable insignias, I’m wondering if his faction symbols aren’t a part of his different modes, so the more Valkyrie-inspired robot mode from his first appearance has a Decepticon insignia, while his more original modified mode from his later appearances is an Autobot, to kind of match how his character arc goes along with his animation model changes.

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    unarmored mode has had both insiginia (autobot in renders and decepticon in wonderfest poster)

• Like Like x 2
  19. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    My guess is they are going to put the burden on us. You'll get 2 clear decal's and get to pick. I saw a video and it didn't look like the faction symbol moved. There is few seconds where you see him in his alt mode and you see the "chest's" faction symbol.
    Siege stuff starts here... 3:15 is time stamp.

Edit: also video shared by Daim.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  20. OneEpisodeAutobot

Darn. Then again, renders have been inaccurate in the past (looking at you, Rodimus Unicronus).
    Hey, I think that’d still be pretty cool, though I would hope they’re of better quality than PotP’s offerings.

• Like Like x 2