War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    ive actually gone back on what i was doing, at least for prime and megatron. the siege voyagers are just so good in hand that i had to get them haha

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's cool, the OP and Megs you were using are really cool, but I felt like you were kind of painting yourself into a corner by using a "non-standard" scale.
    So it looks like now maybe there's three Siege Reflectors in your future hahaha :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    yea, thats kind of what got me to swap them, like some of the new deluxes would have been way too big (ironhide and ratchet) and soundwave would have continued to lack his minions (music label). im probably not going to get rid of the prime and megatron, well prime maybe since i have 2 of him (1 is part of my god ginrai) but i think in the end ill be happier with the official stuff. plus i wanted bigger seekers than what i had haha

screw it, im gonna get the siege reflector, if wave 1 is any indication this line will be amazing haha

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    Now I want my orange and yellow Frenzy/Rumble...

• Like Like x 4
  5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Why? Red Alert has always been more or less a straight Sideswipe redeco, apart from the addition of emergency vehicle roof lights. Even the animation model for Red just has a slightly more stylized version of the Sideswipe noggin. Nothing that merits a remold IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  6. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. RedLeo

RedLeo Well-Known Member

you are talking about figures, not the actual character who does have his own look. and if im wrong then why does hasbro themselves post pics of them with different heads in different media.

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    and this image, also from siege, shows them to both have black heads. the artwork in inconsistent, him being a sideswipe repaint with a light bar using the same head as sideswipe is not
    4b7f293962e38da0da61ded92d9d50b4.jpg a796a537843da918a96f733857f559ad.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Front row, right to left: Rumble is teal, Reflector, Reflector, Frenzy is blue, Reflector, Rumble is orange, Reflector, Reflector, Frenzy is yellow and Reflector.

[​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I'm having way too much fun with Shockwave.

IMG_2212(1).jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

Cortical Psychic Patch!

IMG_2219.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  11. RedLeo

RedLeo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    i am talking about their promotion shots of siege and i posted those images before. g1 had a different look too.[​IMG]
    the real funny thing is alot were crying about the prices of this line, yet have no problem with them putting no effort in character designs and want straight repaints even tho the characters clearly arent a straight up copy of one another, tho the seekers kinda are. but i have a feeling if they shown ramjet with a starscream head you guys will flip out even though the g1 toy line had it that way.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    and the ones i posted are also promotional images for siege as well, meaning like i said, the artwork is inconsistent. hell between the artwork you posted and what i posted there are 3 different heads between sideswipe and red alert

13. RedLeo

RedLeo Well-Known Member

yea but you are saying the character red alert is nothing but a straight repaint of sideswipe , on the g1 figures maybe but even at the time he had his own look on figures, and envoled from being a straight repaint, yet now its totally cool to revert him back to being just a repaint? in a line that has raised its prices and shorted the deluxe mold? that kinda steals from both characters. just saying.

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    the g1 was a repaint with a light bar, the universe 1.0 (misnamed as inferno) was a straight repaint using the same mold as botcon sideswipe and sunstreaker (rid01 prowl), universe 2.0 was a straight repaint with a light bar. the only time i can ever think of where red alert was his own mold and look (beyond artistic license with the head) was in the unicron trilogy, animated, and idw (2 of which werent toys) and those dont really represent g1 red alert whereas siege red alert does

• Like Like x 2
  15. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Red got a new head and light bar, maybe more, but I know he got those two unique additions. With what we've seen of Siege so far it seems like it's an MP light so, despite what the promo renders of Brunt show, it seems like Red could have some pretooling ready for him. Also as you may recall Hasbro used recolored renders in TR for some of the figures.

• Like Like x 2
  16. RedLeo

RedLeo Well-Known Member

i am talking about the character not the figure, and g1? hell this sideswipe only has the head of g1 not his look or even color, so really stop using g1 as a reference cause this isn't a updated g1 line, its an updated transformers line that is supposed to take place before that line. which would explain the different colors but then its cool for them to use the same head for a character that is clearly different looking?

17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    thats a fair point, we wont know till we actually see the physical toy. i just wouldnt expect it. and if you recall the reverse was also true in titans return, hasbro showed off remolding without releasing it (cough quickswitch cough)

so not g1 but takes place before g1 would effectively make it g1. and whether you like it or not, these figures are heavily influenced by their g1 counterparts, as has been pointed out there is only one instance of a g1 styled red alert figure having a different head from sideswipe. that is an exception. this thread is about the figures so trying to divorce the character from the figure isnt going to happen no matter how hard you try

• Like Like x 3
  18. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if change Papa Toys Not Reflector in order to get Siege Reflector .... Papa Toys is totally in line with Classic, in plastic quality and esthetic.

Well, we will see....

• Like Like x 2
  19. RedLeo

RedLeo Well-Known Member

see my problem is that it's about the seige line of toys not the g1 line of toys, and last i checked red alert is comfirmed in the line, and yes i get its influenced by their g1 counterparts but even tho i thought due to the scale it was influenced by the cartoon , not toys of g1.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    the problem with taking sole influence from the cartoon would be in inconsistency. sure sometimes their heads look different, but sometimes they look the same. and in the toon they do transform differently and red alert is even shorter than sideswipe in some images. but the differences arent enough to justify a new mold. a head, maybe, but the cartoon, just like the siege promotional art, is wildly inconsistent. taking all of that into consideration the one thing that is consistent is that when sideswipe and red alert share a mold they also usually share a head with the one exception

• Like Like x 1