War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. XternalPrime

XternalPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Fair point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PraxiusPrime77

PraxiusPrime77 Wielder of the Matrix of Power

News Credits:
    Speaking of Impactor, I wish Netflix gave us Impactor as a Decepticon.

3. PraxiusPrime77

PraxiusPrime77 Wielder of the Matrix of Power

News Credits:
    Either way I still planning on getting him. I need a Decepticon Deluxe that's not Brunt. Impactor appeals more.

4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm more in the (as per in my signature) camp that all of the WFC figures have been in the "if only Hasbro did this" . Name a figure and I can state that one (or few) thing(s) that Hasbro could have done to improve the figure to really take it from good/great, to amazing/perfect...

The partforming doesn't bug me that much when done well, and CJ to me is fine as the rest of the figure outweighs it. I will take partforming when done well, over gaps and lack of accessories (see ER Arcee for an example of bad partforming.. yes, great robot, but half the alt need to be set aside and is a complete shellformer that doesn't even get that right)

And for all figures, they all have their pros and cons, it becomes a question of what works for you and where you draw a line to the "not going to purchase it".

As great as Siege has been, it is also the first time that I've decided to break out from the "as they are" and started to customize them with paint and kits, as the "almost" from Hasbro, but missing paint and accessories, and GAPS! (oh how I hate the gaps) has been very frustrating, especially with the price increases... when you have some figures that are so near perfect (Siege OP and the seekers are darn close), and then you have others like Ultra Magnus that are amazing, but the gaps are so apparent that it takes so much away from it, that it's just annoying to see.

About the G1 thing, I am very glad to finally have proper G1 figures. I understand that you and others have been on "G1 overload", but myself, I've never... never have found any "G1" that were right to me, and Siege was the first time that I found myself actually wanting to get into building the original crew into my collection as I've been a collector for over 40 years and regarded TF as a part of my collection that was a cheaper alternative to the insanely expensive other series that at 200-500$ being the "standard" price of them, I've never been able to really afford getting many.. so TF tanks and planes/jets, and spaceships would be regarded as a cheaper alternative to Macross and such (for example).

For what the future holds, it's a two-way thing....

One: is that I do hope to see something different, new figures of characters that haven't been done lately, but considering that with the Prime (combiner) trilogy, a LOT of characters that were done, and many were done very well (though the freaking hard /cheap plastic was used), but...

Two: new collectors or just due to missing out due to bad distribution/low production, some characters/figures have been missed out on. Because of this, a re-issue/new version of the same characters (and possibly new production of the old molds) would be both good and bad. Good for the reason mentioned, and bad for those that already have them.

The most guilty ones would be such as Perceptor for example... the TR version looks fairly good, but in hand it is so freaking cheap, empty, fragile, loose, bad plastic... but others, like Kup.. the new upcoming one really doesn't look good to me at all, and the TR version, while great.. the headmaster thing being it's worst thing.

Agreed.. I don't believe that I can recall a single line that didn't have their good and their bad figures, and I will always enjoy any toy that I get, even those that turned out to be bad ones...:p 

I just don't buy those that I bug me now, and know that they would bug me to have spent money on something that I won't really enjoy but getting it for the sake of having.

I'll always state if I consider a figure to be good or bad with points to explain my view/reasoning on it. What I will always find strange with the fandom is how so many tend to act like all previous lines are all crap compared to anything new, when I look as older generations, Prime, and lots of other older figures and find them to be as good, some even better, than the new stuff. The largest irony for me, is when Siege came out with "finally" good plastic (after the harder and more brittle stuff from the last few lines) and people were like they never seen "good quality plastic" before... that Hasbro goes back to decent plastic when you have old lines that holds up to today's figure but somehow, that's lost on so many... it's just odd to me.

And I find that I started to feel some difference in the feel of the plastic going back towards cheaper with some of the ER figures which is upsetting. It's gives me that "bait and switch" feel and worries me for the future lines with Hasbro returning to the cheaper stuff in a gradual fashion so that people "don't notice" instantly. And again.... with Kingdom figures increasing in price yet again (at 33$CAD from 30$CAD)... *sigh* :rolleyes: 

But anyways, one thing that I do find with many in the fandom is a bit like I've seen with movies and TV shows with people from today's "generation", where if it's not brand new in theatres, on Netflix (or such), then it's old and garbage.... I know a few "youth" in their twenties that they will refuse to watch anything that's not "trending", and not just refuse to watch it, but will have a completely locked view on all of it (all movies and shows) as a whole. And if it is trending, then it's the greatest thing ever... until the next "best and greatest" thing starts trending.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yeah just the clip that goes to the spine wont connect. That always bothered me so i was removing them for transformations which is how they broke. Normal posing and not removing them is perfectly fine.

Edit: my version was the spine clip due to it being prime and not magnus. For your magnus, yes its just the red clip.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing we eventually get Netflix Mercenary Soundblaster and HE will be packaged with Buzzsaw (and...Howlback I guess).

• Like Like x 3
  7. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Id be totally down for this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Monkey.
    62BAAEF8-AFBE-4091-9C18-0CD31986704C.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  9. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Silverbolt Retool

News Credits:
    Visper 16019315756481854768689.jpg 16019316213521315420343.jpg 1601931817565207816078.jpg Storm Cloud 1601931874646765598798.jpg 16019320587762108127613.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  10. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was just watching the first episode for a new show called "Next" on Fox that is premiering tomorrow but the first episode is online already. At one point about 26 minutes in they go by a computer programmer's desk and he has the kind of Transformers collection that I think a lot of us do at work. A nice collection of Siege figures (which is why I'm putting it in this thread, not sure where else to post it) and some others from other lines. Can see Siege Megatron, Prime, Sideswipe, Cog and Hound, a couple of battlemasters and micromasters, PotP legends Cindersaur and Outback and I think studio series helicoptor Dropkick. They should have one of his monitor browser windows open to TFW.

transformers on next.jpg next on fox 2.jpg

• Like Like x 28
  11. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

I love the pile of accessories in the middle, that's me trying to get myself productive after fiddling with toys but not being arsed enough to put everything back.

Also love Cindersaur and using the tail to keep them up on top of the screen.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    That's cute!

They also look like they were posed by a paraplegic, so spot on!

• Like Like x 4
  13. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Mirage and Punch/Counterpunch: *Are both of us a joke to you, Optimus?*

IMG_20201005_081517DD.jpg
    IMG_20201006_110803.jpg
    IMG_20201006_110826.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  15. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

Someone on this show is a legit fan. I'm going to see if I can find out who!

• Like Like x 2
  16. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Definitely a good taste in robot toys!

• Like Like x 1
  17. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  18. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Transformers: The Epic Saga
    Season 5
    Episode 12
    "Trade"

Ultra Magnus - "It sure feels good having my armor back on!"

Rodimus Prime - "Where's your little shoulder missiles?"
    [​IMG]
    Ultra Magnus - "Grapple is recalibrating them, I'll pick them up in the morning!"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "Good cause tommorow we're going Freejack hunting!"

Prowl - "Time to recharge then, tomorrow's going to be a big day!"
    [​IMG]
    Red Alert - "Hey bro, what's the matter? Still bummed out over the whole Moon Racer thing?"

Sideswipe - "Yeah!"
    [​IMG]
    Sideswipe - "She's going on and on about Alphastrike! Oooo he's got such a sexy alt mode!"

Red Alert - "Really? He's the same alt mode as us!"
    [​IMG]
    Sideswipe - "Yeah I know but all I hear her saying is Alphastrike this and Alphastrike that!"
    [​IMG]
    Sideswipe - "Oh that Alphastrike is sooo hot!"
    [​IMG]
    Sideswipe - "I wanna have his bot bots!"
    [​IMG]
    Alphastrike - "....Sorry I thought I heard someone calling my name....."
    [​IMG]
    Alphastrike - "... I'm, I'm just gonna go back over here now!"
    [​IMG]
    Sideswipe - "Wow! How can this get any worse?"
    [​IMG]
    Red Alert - "I don't know! The girl of your dreams is in love with a you from another universe and now he thinks you want to have his bot bots! Can't say I can think of anything!"
    [​IMG]
    Red Alert - "Look on the bright side, maybe Freejack will nuke us all and eat our universe to end your suffering!"

Sideswipe - "I hope!"
    [​IMG]
    Hoist - "I still can't believe Hotrod messed up my Acree!"

Wheeljack - "Well at least he's paying for it!"
    [​IMG]
    Hotrod - "Guys please! You gotta help me! I can't take anymore!"
    [​IMG]
    Harcee - "There you are puddin'! Come on I'm gonna hit on you more!"

Hotrod - "NOOO!! NOOO!!!"
    [​IMG]
    Ironhide - "Shoot him! He really likes that!"

Harcee - "Okay!"
    [​IMG]
    Hotrod - "NO I DON'T!"

Mirage - "He's lying!"
    [​IMG]
    Beachcomber - "Look! Cyclonus and Shockwave!"
    [​IMG]
    Cyclonus - "At ease Autobots! We've come to trade in peace!"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "And what do you have that we would want Cyclonus?"
    [​IMG]
    Cyclonus - "Information! We know of a group of Decepticons that plans to nuke the whole planet!"
    [​IMG]
    Jazz - "Yeah! Freejack! We already know all about him!"
    [​IMG]
    Shockwave - "But do you know the location of his base of operations?"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "And what do you want from us?"
    [​IMG]
    Cyclonus - "The freeze ray!"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "I don't think I could stand the thought of handing over such a terrible weapon to the Decepticons!"
    [​IMG]
    Shockwave - "We need it to unfreeze Megatron!"
    [​IMG]
    Ultra Magnus - "Optimus! This is what my brother said when he gave me the freeze ray! He said you'll need it to unfreeze Megatron!"

Optimus Prime - "But that weapon in Megatrons hands is to dangerous!"
    [​IMG]
    Rodimus Prime - "What if we rigged it so it will only have one use? They could unfreeze old bucket head and fry the freeze ray!"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "I'll do it on one condition, the freeze ray will only have one more use before it burns itself out! I'll also have it rigged to cook it's circuits if anyone tries tampering with it! I'm looking at you Shockwave!"
    [​IMG]
    Shockwave - "I understand Prime!"

Cyclonus - "Very well, make the modifications and hand it over!"
    [​IMG]
    Jazz - "And what's to stop you from taking off with the freeze ray and not telling us where Freejack is?"
    [​IMG]
    Cyclonus - "You stopping Freejack is in our best interests, in case you haven't noticed we're on this planet too!"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "That's good enough for me!"
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime - "Hoist! Modify the freeze ray please!"
    [​IMG]
    Hoist - "I'll be back in a few minutes!"
    [​IMG]
    -----------------20 min Later-----------------

Hoist
    - "Here you are! I must say it's a shame to destroy a work of art! It really is an impressive achievement in engineering!"
    [​IMG]
    Shockwave - "Why thank you! It's nice to finally hear something about my work other then wow it works!"
    [​IMG]
    Cyclonus - "Freejack and his followers are due North of here about a ten hour drive for you Autobots! Good luck and farewell!"
    [​IMG]
    Rodimus Prime - "Ten hour drive! That's twenty hours round trip! And you've got someone to meet tomorrow according to your brother!"

Ultra Magnus - "That's right! I won't make the rendezvous if I go! I'll have to stay back!"
    [​IMG]
    Rodimus Prime - "Somehow I get the feeling your brother gave you the safer mission, he said you'll meet a friend to help with our seeker problem. Meaning I'm doubtful our first skirmish will be successful!"

Ultra Magnus - "Be careful!"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  19. DriftsEdge

DriftsEdge The keyboard samurai

Careful with hoverboard, Arcee!
    381DA321-61C2-46AB-BE86-6F2F06F7CD33.jpeg 93DEF396-EC1A-4A4B-B968-96D76B8440A6.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  20. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7