War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Red Ramen

Red Ramen Bring back lamppost soundwave

I'm pretty sad that my seeker collection will never complete now that skywarp is worth like $150 and will probably never be back in stock

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Not sure what You're asking exactly, but if you mean "who's compared old g1 targetmasters to new siege battlemasters with the intent to complete pairings," then the answer is pretty close to most of us. I myself have even bought doubles and triples in an attempt to custom make the ones that haven't been made. Even had 3d-printed parts ordered to finalizing the look of a couple of them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

"Soundwave hit that stealth satellite with the virus and blind it's roaming eye!"
    "As you command Megatron."

IMG_20191219_014106_874.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  4. maverick10126

maverick10126 Active Member

I'm confused by this post....Optimus looks about as G1 as I can expect in a movie that needs to blend aesthetics. Shockwave at the beginning of the movie...Soundwave....those are straight up G1 defining lines. Blitzwing has a very G1 look. I mean, just put SS-38 Optimus next to Siege Optimus....it's pretty damn close.

• Like Like x 5
  5. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did.. and SS38 lost it.. (his arm wouldn't stay on, among other defect) all the other Optimis kept making fun of him until he returned to the store. DSC04798-small.JPG

And yes, the cybertron scene that showed a lot of the G1 characters was freaking amazing, but still way too close to the Bayformers to really fit what I'm describing. BB for example, show me the Bayformers versions next to the BB versions and I won't have a clue to which is which.

Just too much cables/gears/parts, I'd rather another reboot and have them truly look the part...

as example of what people had done many years ago

There was one of a VW beetle (BB) that would transform by a large sign and popped his roof or such into a shield. Another of a cab truck (Optimus Prime) that looked simply amazing. I hate that I can't find them anymore.

All amateur videos but looked excellent/professional and were the craze at the time of what people hoped for when the Bay movies were announced.

• Like Like x 5
  6. maverick10126

maverick10126 Active Member

I guess I don't understand what you're looking for. I definitely agree, the Bay designs were an aesthetic mess on screen, but I also think a big part of that is how Bay films those things. He likes chaotic action that you can't follow.

I agree, Bumblebee doesn't look like his G1 design, but with him I think they were kind of stuck. They couldn't change his look too much. I think they did a pretty good job with everyone else though.

Bummer about your SS-38. Mine has been solid. No issues. He's my favorite (and only Optimus). I'm planning on getting Earthrise Optimus as well though.

On a side note, what G1 Season 1 characters that have been made for Siege are probably unlikely to get updated for Earthrise? Anyone have any good info/guesses? I'm holding off with the hope for S1 earth based vehicles...but I'm wondering if I should pick up Autobots like Hound in case they don't update them.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I finally found my perfect Grimlock and the scaaaaallllleeeee
    20191218_184052.jpg 20191218_184102.jpg and an added bonus is ER Prime will still look awesome with Grimlock

• Like Like x 22
  8. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    If more of the Micromasters had an extremely sweet combined vehicle mode instead of an "Ahhhhhh I gueeeess" combined weapon mode, I'd have been much more into the whole class

20191218_174350.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  9. TheGlynreaper

TheGlynreaper Well-Known Member

ok I have recently got back into transformers and it looks like a great time too , yesterday I picked up deluxe impactor , mirage , red alert , reflector and brunt honestly I absolutely love these figures they have great solid transformations and they hold pretty well in vehicle forms my favourite is a tie between mirage and impactor , I have also realised If I get twin twist I will have all the original g1 wreckers next up is me trying to get voyager optimus and megatron as I have heard really great things about them

• Like Like x 8
  10. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

I'd totally dig a "rolling car accident" rather than the automobile sandwich we got with the Race Car Patrol guys (could probably fanmode one, though). The Air Strike Patrol and Battle Squad knew what's up.

• Like Like x 3
  11. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Lol my ss38 Optimus has zero issues and dominated my G1 shelf... until he looked over his shoulder and MP-10v asked him to hold his beer. Ss38 Optimus is the best hasbro Optimus to date.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Well-Known Member

I'm nodding understandinly but I'm really just wheezing at the vid.

• Like Like x 3
  13. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sum moar Impaction!
    20191218_173826.jpg 20191218_180623.jpg 20191218_180650.jpg 20191218_180737.jpg

• Like Like x 32
  14. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I'd recommend you wait for Earthrise Optimus he comes out in 3 months and looks 10 times better then Siege Optimus I'd also recommend you pick up Jetfire Shockwave Ultra Magnus Spinister and Sixgun they are fantastic
    Automobile sandwich :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Ok I prefer ER Prime but that's a bit of an exaggeration.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I understand your opinion but ER is so clean

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheGlynreaper

TheGlynreaper Well-Known Member

ok im curious is the upcoming earthrise optimus the one with the trailer if so then at the price its a better deal
    I wont get jetfire as I have the generations and recent studio series release of him im trying to get characters I don't have now
    although its tricky considering there is 3 megatrons on my list

18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Thanks! Just placed my order for the same kit on TFSafari! Was debating between this set or the 115 Utopia YYW-03 kit for a while. The GX-05 seems to give more bang for the buck. :) 

The hollowness in some of the Siege figures does not bother me at all whatsoever... but IDW Siege Impactor's legs just bugged the heck out of me on what should be a flawless figure... :confused: 

It's extremely noticeable in photos, its always the first thing I see/can't unsee when I see photos of him online, and now with him in hand, it just breaks my heart. :p o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Apricotoxin

Apricotoxin Member

You may still get em from TrU/Hasbro Asia at 50-60 USD (not inclusive of postage). Don't give up yet.

• Like Like x 4
  20. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For those who have ordered from TFSafari in the past, how quickly do you all receive your orders?