War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

Cybertronian alt modes.

IMG_20191201_000750_160.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Picture request: why don't we see Crosshairs pics? I haven't got him yet and all I see in the thread is Spinister.

4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    "For now on, I'm....."

IMG_20191201_155708.jpg
    IMG_20191201_155725.jpg
    IMG_20191201_155607.jpg

".... an Autobot."

Consider that most here has probably already owned Ratchet or Ironhide, I think that there won't be much people that are interested in picking up Crosshairs. Since wave 5 has already out and there'll be some people that gets Crosshairs, just be a bit patient as someone will posts some Crosshairs pics eventually.

• Like Like x 23
  5. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My local ToyuRUs has a lot of them, but I just can't do it, they are just too pastel/neon/KO-colours coloured for me... I have the seeker trio, and that's enough of the mold for me, except if I could get a Red wing that looks much better.

If they had done the colours darker and more details with separation with paint of different parts in black, like the main seekers are, I might have considered it.

Like the other member stated, I'm one that am skipping it as I don't care about the character at all, not a fan of the colours either, but hate that it's just another recolour to the mold.

Siege started so great and then was overtaken with the recolours (outside of the main ones that need to be such as the seekers and datsuns).

But even then, they could have tried more even with them, heads a bit more different, different weapons, a few details different, more paint. At least they did it between Ironhide and Ratchet but still could have done a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JSteezTFwf502

JSteezTFwf502 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I found these spymasters the other day but am disappointed with the lack of plastic on ratbat when he’s closed up in cassette mode and the red guy(we’ll just call him that) has his peg for his shield mode on his back so yea.. Cover your eyes lil buddy while you protect me as my shield.. good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

I believe that I didn’t need Spinster and Crosshairs, but that changed when I bought them on an impulse purchase at Walmart, and I’m glad I did.

13B0A6E6-7934-4CFD-8D3B-F406CD231768.jpeg 47B96FE5-B04C-495C-95B0-66BDD13356FB.jpeg

• Like Like x 23
  8. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

I recall seeing this mentioned in one of the threads here, are there some issues caused by the effect/blast parts when when in contact for too long for the guns?

9. JSteezTFwf502

JSteezTFwf502 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ..yea I see a lot of people dissing crosshairs, but I’m picking him up when I see him.. Walmart.com is listing this wave for a dec release for me still.. (*edit* lol just realized IT IS December already.. but dates are for like 12th or 16th iir)

Just curious what type of issues? I leave them attached and haven’t noticed any myself..

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:

what repaints overtook the line? the lnly mass-retail mold reuses not based on g1 mold reuses were barricade, crosshairs n galaxy prime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

I found it 3P Bootleg Blast Effects for WFC: Request

12. Terrorpin

Terrorpin Well-Known Member

Why are people down on Crosshairs? I mean, lack of targetmaster and beefy wheels aside, this is a great representation of the character.

• Like Like x 4
  13. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Plus, the Targetmaster is Trenchfoot, who was released in the Sideswipe G2 set

14. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

Yeah, the shield idea is pretty bad. I realize they wouldn't be audio cassettes on Cybertron, but that's just really lazy.

For my headcannon, I disregard the notion entirely. The "cassette" mode is simply a way to store and carry his minions when he doesn't need them.

Thank you for posting Crosshairs. Now I am looking forward to him even more. Yes, he's ANOTHER recolor (though they did change the head sculpt at least) and I didn't even remember the character from G1, but he looks fantastic. The one thing I really wish they would have done differently is to give him a different weapon from Ironhide.

• Like Like x 1
  15. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    You really missed a few: the weaponizers, the target masters, the micromasters, transparent Mirage, g2 sideswipe and megatron, the cell shades OP/Megs, Skythread/Slamdance, Soundblaster, Refractor, the rainmakers and Red Wing... then the female cars...and I'm probably missing some.

16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    reread what he wrote, MASS RETAIL, meaning non exclusive/mainline. the power dashers were generations selects (an offshoot online exclusive line) and amazon exclusive, transparent mirage was exclusive, g2 sideswipe and megatron were exclusive, 35th subline was exclusive, slamdance, soundblaster, refractor 3 pack, rainmakers were exclusive, red wing was selects, lancer was selects and greenlight was exclusive. you are complaining about non mainline, non regular retail releases being repaints and remolds?!?!?!?! those kinds of figures being repaints are the ones that work best as it doesn't clutter the mass retail/regular retail mainline with repaints. mainline siege was not cluttered with non legacy repaints, only the 3 that have already been mentioned

17. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you know if the preorder cost is immediately deducted from a bank balance?

18. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    42874343-F29A-464D-9056-04CC0267DD0B.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  19. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    dang.. them undies are a bit thight?

He responded to my comments about the recolours and the why I stopped and didn't get all of the Siege figures

imfallenangel said:

My local ToyuRUs has a lot of them, but I just can't do it, they are just too pastel/neon/KO-colours coloured for me... I have the seeker trio, and that's enough of the mold for me, except if I could get a Red wing that looks much better.
    If they had done the colours darker and more details with separation with paint of different parts in black, like the main seekers are, I might have considered it.
    Like the other member stated, I'm one that am skipping it as I don't care about the character at all, not a fan of the colours either, but hate that it's just another recolour to the mold.
    Siege started so great and then was overtaken with the recolours (outside of the main ones that need to be such as the seekers and datsuns).
    But even then, they could have tried more even with them, heads a bit more different, different weapons, a few details different, more paint. At least they did it between Ironhide and Ratchet but still could have done a bit more.

Fallout said:
    what repaints overtook the line? the lnly mass-retail mold reuses not based on g1 mold reuses were barricade, crosshairs n galaxy prime.

I NEVER make ANY distinctions between main line and the exclusives or such because some of the main crew are "exclusives" such as Skywarp, Smokescreen, as example and anyone that's getting most of the Siege lines will get those "exclusives" just as much as the others.

And where do you draw the line? Walmart exclusives aren't "mass retail"(?) as that would mean that you need to consider the cell shades and other 35th figures, and then what about ToysRus? (which we still have in Canada) they are absolutely still "main retails".

Almost all of targetmasters and micromasters recolours were almost all regular stock

So not sure what you're attempting to prove here, but I will stick to what I said, that Siege did get a LOT of repaints, and I drew the line at one point. So not sure why it seems to have upset you that much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Just because you may not make distinctions doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be made, plus you said he missed some repaints when he specifically made the distinction (regardless of your lack of making the distinction)

• Like Like x 1