War for Cybertron: Siege Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barry, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

There's still time

• Like Like x 1
  2. svek

svek Well-Known Member

So the story of my amazon(.de) 3-pack finally reached its happy conclusion :) 
    - ordered on 30th July
    - shipped on 27th October BUT the package got lost
    - resend on 15th November got in my hands today after Polish Post were making their own problems (postman insisted that there was no one at home during the first delivery attempt even if there were and they did not see any postman at all, no notification whatsoever. Never mind :rolleyes: )
    IMG_20191119_150046.jpg

Holo Mirage and Aragon are about to find a new home but Decepticon Impactor stays with me. And what a lovely, great looking figure.
    IMG_20191119_172517.jpg IMG_20191119_172402.jpg IMG_20191119_172906.jpg

Love the details and the amount of paint on him, love the articulation (ab crunch!) and I love how big he is for a deluxe figure. His empty thighs bother me much less than I thought they would (might not want any filler gaps at all!) and my only real issue is that he holds his gun too loosely so either ports in his fists or the peg of the gun are mismatched so I have to find a way to tighten them...
    Anyway, I don't know much about this character and I picked his Decepticon variant cause I like him as a part of Megatron's sorta ground team/personal squadron since a majority of Siege Decepticons turn into air vehicles - poor Meg would feel a little abandoned :D 
    IMG_20191119_160947.jpg IMG_20191119_163008.jpg IMG_20191119_172240.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  3. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    I have used a couple Gundam laser effects before but required modding (i.e. new pegs / ports / handles) to work. On that Gundam kit link, I'm not seeing anything right away that would fit but can't be sure without having the actual kit in hand.

The effects would need a 5mm peg, 3mm port, or both (5mm tube with 3mm hollow interior diameter). Easiest mod would be to cut off the handle and (carefully) drill in a 3mm hole (must use a metric drill bit; trying to use non-metric drill bits is asking for trouble and non-working parts). However, then only smaller weapons with 3mm pegs would be able to use it.

I own several effects sets but mainly for backgrounds (explosions, wind effects, water effects, ki effects). There is one I have that actually has a Siege compatible port but is not really good for plugging on bots:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Figure-Rise-Effect-Figure/dp/B071JNCXS3

On the inside of the orange explosions (there's also a purple kit) are 5mm pegs with 3mm hollow interior. The problem is that the pegs do not protrude past the edge of the explosion and they're on the bigger side. They do work fairly well on Omega Supreme, though, on his 3mm pegs. Otherwise, you would just position them like any other effect (on stands) next to your figures.

blasts1.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

6. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

I forgot, there is also the Tamashii Effect parts. They are more about surrounding your figure with an effect (wind, fire, lightning, explosions, etc) but they might be worth looking for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  8. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Still not feeling the whole "shield" mode. The other modes are fine. The pegs are located differently on each bot, so can't do exact symmetric placement. Rumble (Frenzy?!) and Ratbat have to face tank per instructions (Rumble can at least turn his head around).

Megatron is not a fan of college.
    shields1.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  9. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

20191119_212503.jpg

• Like Like x 24
  10. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Ooh those are awesome too. I have something similar from the Marvel Legends Blink figure I got which would be ideal if I had a Skywarp, it's a teleportation ring :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Decepticon Bruntfractor about to WRECK some autobot fools.
    IMG_20191119_222234.jpg
    IMG_20191119_222641.jpg

Man, I'm having so much fun with these too. Sure, I like Cog but Brunt is by far my favourite weaponizer. Absolute RAD of a bot.
    IMG_20191119_223149.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  12. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Which Siege figure brought you into the line?

I was 'only' buying Soundwave (he was on sale). Now I own damn near the entire line, including exclusives :oops: 

• Like Like x 6
  13. svek

svek Well-Known Member

I remember it was Ironhide, then I bumped into Hound on some sale, decided that I prefer Siege OP over ss38 so I bought him alongside with Siege Megatron. Next I realized that I need some decepticons and then it was very easy from there :D  much too easy.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Siege Fan

Amazon UK, even now, have many figures cheaper than stores. And that's what drew me all the way in!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tprime

Tprime Well-Known Cybertronian

I remember seeing all of the SDCC and NYCC reveals not being all that excited about the cybertronian modes because I thought they were ugly. Then I saw Siege Optimus and Megatron in hand and it was love at first sight. Only further amazed once I had them out of package and saw how well crafted they were compared to the most recent POTP line. Then all of the cybertronian modes grew on me and I've collected the most figures out of the Siege line than any other previous Generations line.

• Like Like x 5
  16. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. transfan32

transfan32 “Dare to believe......”

Sideswipe started it all for me. After him, I was hooked. No regrets!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

Flywheels totally rocked my world I was just buying a laptop for my mom but when I saw him (and the rest of wave 1) I was shocked by how good he looked. Keep in mind we're talking about Flywheels the dude who's brown and maroon which should't work as a color scheme but he somehow pulls it off and since then the rest has been history.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Siege Fan

I loved how we'd finally got affordable G1 with, to me, cool damage detailing. Plus it's been an opportunity to collect figures I didn't have as a kid. IDW have only strengthened my need for them!

Like NECA's Alien and Predator lines, I just buy every WFC figure now even if I'm doubtful. Chasing them after release is not fun and I could always sell them if need be.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Siege Fan

I hear ya, I've got two of him just so I don't have to keep transforming him!