War for Cybertron series coming to Netflix

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hobbes-timus Prime, Feb 15, 2019.

1. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will the past Net Transformers shows get complete series dvd sets?

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cautiously optimistic. Netflix does some great shows.

3. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what? I'm cautiously optimistic. Rooster Teeth seems to have a better pedigree than Machinima. The fact that it's on Netflix makes me think it may have a higher budget/better resources than the Prime Wars trilogy. Polygon Pictures is back with a new animation style.

I don't know. I hated Prime Wars. But I've got a better feeling about this one?

4. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can agree about Funhaus. I definitely enjoy their comedy style. Elyse is just a treasure.

I don't feel like I HAVE to like something because it's RT. If I like something they do it's because I genuinely like it. Doesn't mean I'm going to like this new series, but I'm definitely excited for it.

5. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

The way I see it, if it's good, great, if it isn't, well I just won't watch it. I reckon that part of the issue with combiner wars et all was the limited timescale, if it's being made for netflix then usually they get 13 episodes of either 30 to 60 minutes, most likely half an hour given the program type. Also keep in mind that while they do have the same show-runner as Titans Return, I'd say that writing, animation and cast are far more important, apparently the animation is done by the same studio as Prime, and, certainly if we're going off 3D animation, Prime is the best show of the Transformers franchise (2D animation is a different case and I'm not getting into that), so we just have to wait and see, from what I've experienced Netflix Originals are quite good, certainly for existing franchises. I'm hopeful.

6. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And I really was until I saw their name and just remembering how much I don’t like anything they make anymore. I am caught up on RWBY because my friends want something to do together and I can’t stand that show. It’s just down right plagerizes better stuff and yeah some of the voices are talented and other are “were so and so from the office and yeah it’s awful”

I did like 10 little roosters but refused to give my time to 11.

I don’t know, it’s transformers and I’ll admit sometimes I’ll seem bias here about transformers but that’s because I only discuss what I like. I don’t give the stuff I don’t like my time.

I’ll wait to see who’s writing it and for a trailer

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Netflix is the go-to place for creatives right now. I can’t wait to see what a Hasbro/Netflix partnership can come up with.

8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hope the art style is changed for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Oh, this is gonna hurt...

• Like Like x 2
  10. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it is pretty good for us TF fans. But will this be serie be animated or movie-like? Sorry, I didn't get it...

11. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Is this the real life?

12. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

Chris Sabat as Megatron. There i said it.

13. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As somebody who likes physical copies of all Transformers shows and still prefers to watch TV without streaming I cant say I am happy that this will be on Netflix . 

However i was only thinking last night that if they did a War For Cybertron show it would likely end up there . 

Hopefully it will get DVD release as i know some netflix shows do . 

I guess it bodes well for the toyline though . 

• Like Like x 2
  14. PepsimusP

PepsimusP Well-Known Member

All I can say is we better get Matt doing his Sarge voice to play a Decepticon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Surprised by the number of people excited because of Roosterteeth. I enjoyed Red vs Blue back in the day, but I haven't seen anything from them since that was genuinely good. Everything feels either incredibly derivative or the pacing is really off (not just the story itself, but movements and everything else feels too quick and robotic)

Too bad the guys who did the new Voltron arent involved.

Still, hope this turns out well. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    That was mostly a test to see if something like this was financially viable. It proved it was. So this we're getting. Which will be better.
    So production values will be much higher by comparison, so the end result should be great. If RT and Netflix are both willing to slap their name on it, it'll have to meet their minimum quality bar. And is likely to surpass that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Kup, man...kup.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    War For Cybertron is going to be a trilogy with Siege only being the first part. I don't think that is going to be a problem.

19. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Generation Zero

Well I mean it’s happened before.
    Bumblebee’s voice in the last knight was literally some sound guy. What pisses me off is that you’re probably right and that this is just gonna be more mainstream project that people will forget about and think poorly of, when the powers that be have full ability to prevent these flaws from happening. Why is there always a catch to this kind of stuff?
    This will be on Netflix and literally everyone’s gonna see it and that’s what will be the face of the franchise to them, a flawed project with a big budget and everything else has been mismanaged and it caused massive potential to be squandered. I mean the entire movieverse was just one big misrepresentation after another with a massive budget. I mean Marvel and DC practically never have to put up with largely bastardized versions of their source material it’s always us and the anime community but I digress.
    I mean it’s so easy to solve these problems but they never get touched and there’s no way this show won’t be at risk of this and that concerns me because quality isn’t very hard with the resources they already have. It’s just a shame but we don’t know enough and I’ll still hope for the best regardless.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Enh, Netflix isnt immune to bad content - I couldn't make it through Jessica Jones with that awful writing.

But Aggretsuko also is Netflix and is far better than it had any right to be, so it could go either way.

• Like Like x 1