War for Cybertron series coming to Netflix

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hobbes-timus Prime, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

At least with Netflix they will not have to worry about what time episodes will air. While everyone doesn't love every animated series Netflix does I rather like how Netflix seems to give shows a bit of freedom to experiment instead of all the cartoons must be alike.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Transformers don't exist either, but since all this is fiction, to have some internal logic to it that is based on the real world, just... you know, fictionalized... is a good thing. Just because fiction isn't reality, doesn't mean any bullshit makes sense in fiction just because it's not real. I mean, come on, this is basic stuff. You can understand metaphors. Everyone can.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Yes I\'m very happy this is happening hopefully it\'s really good! The fact that some of the people from TF Prime are working on this gives me hope but the fact that the showrunner was involved with the Prime wars \"cartoon\" diminishes that hope a good bit. Now where\'s my War For Cybertron video game reboot Hasbro!

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes, i can understand metaphors, but to expect people to think machined parts exits naturally and can evolve is ludicrous. if you want to leave out space magic then you have to use the quintesson origin. hell the comics even retconned their original origin because it was kind of ludicrous

• Like Like x 1
  5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    So is this going to be another one where the figures will be out for a year before the show airs....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

Or you can update the same basic idea of fictionalized natural evolution on an alien planet, without mentioning literal gears and levers (which I don't believe was even literal the first time, but whatever). And maybe the Quints take advantage of an emerging species, etc (like some retcons have had it happen). Said species, later has its own myths and religions, where Primus and Unicron could be mentioned, as, in-world fiction, that potentially could have some basis in the reality of the story. I don't think it's that hard to keep some of those ideas and update them a bit in order to fit. And that's what I hope they do, instead of saying "fuck it, magic box number 3". You get what I mean?

• Like Like x 3
  7. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Wasn't so long ago that there was talk about how a Transformers show on Netflix was considered a "maybe."

And from Rooster Teeth? Someone at Hasbro must've thought gen:LOCK was really great.

8. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Currently in one piece

Fingers crossed this turns out better than Prime Wars. I would actually want to enjoy this.

9. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well this is quite the unexpected crossing of my interests.

10. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can't handle this right now. I'm not physically capable of handling this. Rooster Teeth and Transformers are pretty much the only things that got me through my divorce. To see them come together like this? I can't contain my excitement. Like, at all. This is going to be the longest year ever.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This is so awesome. I wish I had more contacts at RT in the Animation/Production department. So far, I've just been doing merch. I'd love to be able to do some art for this.

12. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please for the love of god don’t let Miles and Kerry write this. They plagiarize enough anime for RWBY don’t let them touch this. 

13. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

This sounds awesome! I can’t wait for this series.
    Transformers and RT sounds epic! Both Rwby & Transformers are my two favorite things! I hope this series can give us some obscure characters some spotlight. Also I’d be cool if there were some Easter eggs or references to either RvB, Rwby, or GenLock

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love that show & it’s animation style.

15. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for Neil Kaplan as Optimus Prime, if they don't Cullen back for this. I really wanna see him have another shot at it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    hey @SPLIT LIP remember how you hated RT was going Hollywood?

so.... I got some news for you, buddy.

kinda makes sense tho since Machinima folded and RT's parent company Otter Media's parent company Fullscreen owned Machinima. hell, RT just brought back Inside Gaming with Funhaus and the Know yesterday

17. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Finally, we get a Netflix show we've been asking for. Since it's on a paid service, I like to think they're obligated to make something at a higher quality than the Machinima series. I can only hope the narrative direction is also up to par. Ugh, please be good.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  18. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the show itself is hit or miss, but I think they did a better job with backgrounds and consistently creating new characters for RID than Prime myself, which had less varied settings and less characters, too.
    Same dude.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rubytarn

Rubytarn Well-Known Member

I agree. As much as I love Rwby to bits the writing hasn’t been that great with vol 5 - 6. I just thought Vol. 4 was ok

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Oh God not Polygon, this has disaster written all over it.

All one needs to see is the massive budget overruns from Prime with so little to actually show for it.

RT being on board is a good sign, between RvB, RWBY, and gen:LOCK, those guys know how to make good content. If they can actually make Polygon not be shit on all levels then perhaps there is hope, but after Transformers: Status Quo I'm taking this with a dump truck full of salt.