War for Cybertron series coming to Netflix

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hobbes-timus Prime, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    yep. just looks like a crappier, GeeWun version of the High Moon games.

fuck this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper And awaaaaaay we go!

News Credits:
    This is a monumentous moment for the TF fandom!
    We have Rescue Bots Academy airing season 2 soon.
    Cyberverse airing chapter 3 soon.
    And the siege show airing soon meaning....3 TV SHOWS ALL AT ONCE (this has never happened before)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

It was fine. Frankly, folks just want to complain for the sake of... looking cool? It's your standard big robot war setting. Complaints about edginess, I just don't understand. Ya'll are acting like grandmothers seeing their first Marilyn Manson video.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

It looks good. The voice acting is fine and it’s a shame they didn’t get Frank Welker or Peter Cullen to come back. There’s something a bit off about the animation and the dialogue was okay. Other than that it looks good. Let’s hope the quality of the series is better than this trailer. Also, wondering if they are going to do a storyline with Jetfire and Starscream as Jetfire was a decepticon in the trailer. Really like this Bumblebee too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The high moon games were that

6. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    As someone who has seen the entirety of Energon at least four dozen times (not exaggeration), it’s not that bad. My biggest complaint is probably the mouths.

• Like Like x 2
  7. snokoan

News Credits:
    But you know they're going to end up watching it anyways because some on here contradict their statements later on.

8. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I had no preconceptions about what the series would be, and I don't want anything in particular from it. It's pointless complaining about most of the cartoons, since they're squarely aimed at a young audience....but when they market this as an "adult" Transformers anime, then the yardstick shifts.

My issues aren't with the characters, the setting or the story. They gave us a trailer to reflect the product that they're going to be releasing, and if they've done their job and given us an accurate reflection, then it smacks of something with low production quality in a few places.

Kids will probably enjoy it. Some fans will no doubt enjoy it.

From what I've seen, I won't. Doesn't make me a prick.

9. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The fuck is going on with those weird ass robo-lips on Megs? The animation looks terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

The trailer definitely has a few issues but I think this series will shape out to be good.

• Like Like x 2
  11. snokoan

News Credits:
    Theres a difference in expressing it like yours. You weren't being a an ass you said it in a good way of not being interested .

• Like Like x 1
  12. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

What models were they suppose to use? This isn't Sunbrow where they had to take non-humanoid looking robots and make them kid friendly. I think it looks fine. I can't wait to see it. Only thing is the lighting but Im assuming that's on purpose as Cybertron is in its last days and war has taken it toll. The movements look fluid, voice acting is ok. I'll check it out..

• Like Like x 1
  13. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks like the Elita 1 is based on the new Arcee mold when you freeeze frame it. Not a fan of the head and hoping for a more g1 cartoonhead but Im cool with the possible reuse of that mold for Elita if it is

I also notice it seems like Fastrack and Sixgun is in it and it sure looks like Grandmax version of Fastrack is in it too

14. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    I don’t understand most of the complaints? I watched the trailer on someone who wasn’t Hasbro’s channel, and it looks nice. The animation doesn’t look choppy, merely exaggerated, albeit barely. The mouths are really the only thing that look off.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    well i was gonna say i have a few qualms with the series n don't like the general look, but i guess if i don't lap up anything n everything transformers related i'm just ungrateful n not a... real fan.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Posting specific criticisms is interesting and creates discussion. Posting blanket statements that are purely meant to tear down the product but don't actually describe why you think its bad or give any analysis is just juvenile and more about directing attention to yourself. (I'm not directing these statements specifically towards you.)

I don't know what people were expecting. This is still an action figures toy franchise with a very simple premise. What would be something comparable and of 'better' quality? Maybe Voltron?

I also want to know what were folks expecting from production values? This is still a budget show. What would be comparable?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Vasili

Vasili Well-Known Member

I like what I see!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Thanks, I agree that just shouting "it's shit!" is pointless and annoying.

I just hope that people who do like what we saw can understand that some of us can see faults and are a bit "meh" about it, rather than raging for the sake of it. :thumbs2: 

Yeah, I agree that blanket statements are pointless and just serve to make the shouting matches intensify. Hopefully the boards (and internet in general) will learn to have conversations again....eventually. :lol 

I wasn't personally expecting much of anything from this Netflix series, but the animation style does feel a little too close to the Machinima abominations (it's certainly a higher quality though).

I suppose something akin to the quality of Voltron, or the Thundercats reboot would be nice to see, but I could work with what we've seen, if it was just the slight stilted movement here and there and nothing else (ala Optimus in alt mode crashing into seekers). I reckon a slightly more stylised approach to the designs, such as with TF: Prime could've possibly made things look a little smoother on the eye (though toy accuracy has to be sacrificed a bit there).

The real bugbear I have with the production quality here is the voice acting, or voice mixing specifically. Every character sounds flat and very amateurish. It's almost like you can hear them reading the script as they're delivering their lines.

I'm not sure who they have involved with the cast, and I'm sure they're excellent VA's, but comparing delivery to dialogue in Beast Wars, Animated or Prime (just a few examples of it done right) shows something very lacking on the cast's part. The robotic mixing over the voices then makes it sound even more monotone and emotionless, which was a poor call in the studio.

Add that to dialogue that feels like it wants to be heavy and serious in tone, but doesn't know quite how to get there organically, and you have enough for me to remain as passive to this as I was before the trailer released.

If it was marketed as something for the kids, then fair enough, but it feels like they've written a cheque that they can't cash by building this up as something for the grown-ups.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Dumbass

News Credits:
    Pretty sure watching Energon more than once can be considered a violation of human rights.

• Like Like x 3
  20. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

It looks fine. My biggest qualm stems from the fact that it’s being produced by the same team as the previous Rooster Teeth shows isn’t it? That doesn’t inspire me with much hope.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

something that annoys me about film or show disscusion is people who accuse those who dont like something of clout chasing.

• Like Like x 2