War for Cybertron series coming to Netflix

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hobbes-timus Prime, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do not think that's the case as the majority of Netflix shows are fairly long with around 10 hour-long episodes in a season. My guess is Hasbro and Netflix don't want to shell out a lot of money for a show that may or may not be popular. They'll probably use the first season as a test run and decide whether to pump out more episodes—at least, that's what I got from the interview. Plus, a little over 2 hours may be plenty enough for the "siege" portion of the Cybertron story.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    look at voltron where they cut three 26 episode productions seasons into eight 6-13 episode "seasons"

• Like Like x 2
  3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Bingo.

The live action series tend to be relatively long by modern standards, or at least right in there with other networks, but the straight to netflix cartoons are getting chopped. Heck, even the Toys that Made Us had the first actual season broken into two separate parts.

• Like Like x 3
  4. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else hearing this rumored trailer I doubt this is true I saw it on Instagram can anyone confirm this?

• Like Like x 3
  5. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose there's a chance we could see a little peak of it at SDCC.

• Like Like x 2
  6. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw this on Instagram

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No source... but as previously commented, we may see something at SDCC and later online for sure.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn’t forget things like that. They’ll surely be showing off some of the new Siege stuff and a lot of teasers. Both for the new line and the Netflix show. Which I’m very excited to see. Hopefully if it’s good.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

So I know Rooster Teeth only has an advising or production based role in this show. For all I know their total involvement could really have little to no impact pn the final product, but I'm still concerned none the less.

Due to recent events and the quality of their recent work, I'm really worried for how this show will turn out.

10. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    This is for real?

It look cool!

11. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Hmmmm. While I’d be more than happy to learn about the Netflix show at SDCC, we should exercise caution with posts like that. It could be utter scrap, not unlike that notorious poster on Instagram who jabbers about fake upcoming figures.

Fingers crossed it’s legit.

12. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Without a source, I'd chock it up to nothing worthwhile.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Sigh, you’re probably right... :( 

14. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animation should still be done by Polygon Pictures, which is what most of their recent Glassdoor topics were about.

15. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't rooster teeth fire the head of animation a while back for horrible work hours, etc? I imagine that their output has been affected by everything .

16. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Don't put in characters not from G1 S1.
    Otherwise i'm raging to pull out my wallet and need to invest in the likes of Red Alert!
    And then he needs Infakingferno to go with him, which will never be released.
    Or Apeface with Snapfakingdragon! I had Apeface when i was a kid. Still remember his rachets on him. clickidi clack clack.
    Just give us Wheeljack, Jazz, Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker already!

Sorry, i'm drunk. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Did they? I've heard about the horrible work hours but is it true that they got rid of the guy that was imposing the time crunch hours? If so then that's great news since I was pretty shocked as saddened when I've first heard the news of Roosterteeth doing it.

18. User_93049

News Credits:
    He stepped down and still works there. RT started as 5 guys in a spare bedroom and had a culture of crunch time since they would record/animate as the season was airing, and unhealthily kept that going as they reached over 400 employees. The only reason why Gray got to become the head of animation in 2014 was because 1) Kathleen was let go for workplace harassment of other employees, and 2) he was the only other internal person who had management experience in animation, and then he takes in a department that probably reaches over 200 people. imagine that. He's writing and directing his own show (gen:LOCK), which he also manages. Then he's managing RWBY and RvB, their two biggest money makers, both of which has included two different animation mediums (RvB regularly switches between Machinima puppetry and 3D animation). Then there's the three 2D animated shows (Nomad, Camp Camp, and RTAA). He managed all of that, all while directing a show of his own. speaking from experience, having someone managing an office or a department with no managerial experience is a nightmare. I hope the person they bring on can better manage deadlines and make sure the whole department is happy. As June they have been looking for referrals to bring in someone who actually knows how to manage instead of making shit up on the fly. RT's current flagship show was pushed from an October to November release in order to combat deadlines, and will delay it more if needed.

From their CEO:
    "We have seen the recent messages about Rooster Teeth’s animation studio related to crunch, and want everyone to know we take these concerns seriously. We acknowledge that we could have better managed our animation pipeline, and we apologize to all who have been affected.

"Over the last several months we conducted a review and have taken several steps to improve communication and workflow to ensure we have a studio where people are happy to come to work every day. We are announcing today new measures on the road to improvement.

"Effective today, we are moving forward with a previously planned change in our producing and creative structure. Gray G. Haddock is stepping down as head of studio for animation to dedicate himself to a strictly creative role. With Gray’s help, we have been in the process of hiring a new production head of the department, who will be responsible for the overall producer hierarchy and staff management. We want to thank Gray for his hard work and dedication to growing the animation studio over these years, and are excited to continue working with him in this new capacity.

"Further, we are consulting with experienced leaders in the animation industry on our workflow, pipeline, production structure and other areas to enhance the workplace experience for our staff. Margaret M. Dean, the head of Ellation animation studios and president of Women In Animation, will consult with us and aid the search for a new studio lead.

"We’ll always continue to work on improvements to our workplace, and we appreciate everyone’s support and feedback on this ongoing mission."

doesn't mention the unpaid overtime for contract employees, but I don't think TFW2005 wants us to bring in off-site drama.

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was more like a sacrificial offering once the news got out. I would be surprised if things improve a lot .

20. User_93049

News Credits:
    Again, the controversy was about their animators working ridiculous unpaid overtime hours, which is in Texas. Polygon Pictures is an animation company based in Japan. Only animation crossover between the two is Polygon sending over rough/finished animatics for RT to say "that looks good" or "make it better"

21. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    please don't be as bad as Cyberverse. please don't be as bad as Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 3