War for Cybertron series coming to Netflix

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hobbes-timus Prime, Feb 15, 2019.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I wish they would hire a mix of Sunbow’s talent like Dille, Marx, Wolfman, and Pasko with a story editor who’s a TF fan like John Barber. I can’t honestly imagine price would be that different.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Equal parts good and bad...

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I really do not want another CGI dominated series. I miss the look of Animated and a more hand drawn style. Still, here's hoping we get something along the lines of Voltron, which elevated all the characters in the series.

Really want to see who's writing and their history. For the love of Primus, keep your social justice warrior BULL$#!T out of my damn cartoons. I hope they get someone writing who focuses on the Transformers and leaves their issues in the real world, so I won't lose interest the way I did with Supergirl and other 'agenda' shows.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

Thanks for breaking it down, friend! Pick one's poison indeed! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the good will outweigh the bad.

5. Deadlock234

Deadlock234 Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accords

Im excited for this, but I'm also very weary, because I don't want to be disappointed like I was by Machinima's shot at it. I thought they had some really good ideas, however. They had a not so great execution of it. I like that Rooster Teeth is going to be part of this, plus the writers from Prime. I haven't seen Cyberverse, so I won't comment on that. All in all, I think this could be exactly what we've been waiting for... or it could just be another series that everyone forgets about or resents.

6. Deadlock234

I agree that they shouldn't dominate it with their own views, but I think it'd be really cool if they added social injustice into the show. Using it to show us how it shaped how the war started, like in IDW's comics. If that lines up with the writers' personal views, then I'm ok. If it's just going to be shoved down our throats then it's a problem

7. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well we already saw who's writing it, and oh boy are they the worst combo i've seen...

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    The war starts because it's literally the Russian Revolution. The Autobots (or the party that gives way to the Autobots) are effectively the corrupt upper class society/ the Bolsheviks, while the underprivledged and little-better-than-slave-labor workers who are formed into the Decepticons a.k.a. the Proletariat. Megatron doesn't even have a name at first - he's just Miner designation D-16 (which happens to be the original G1 Megatron's Japanese product number) who was pushed too far when some well-to-do senator asshole came down and basically fired everybody in favor of purely autonomous mining machines that are cheaper to operate than having barely-paid mining crews.

To keep D-16 from inciting trouble, the senators throw him into the gladiator pits of Kaon in the hopes he dies. He of course does the complete opposite - he becomes robo-Sparticus, hero to the downtrodden worker masses, and takes the name Megatron after the original name of The Fallen; Megatronus. From this he forms the Decepticons to violently overthrow the corrupt Autobots - but Megatron himself ends up corrupted due to the taste of tyrannical power and so ends up being just as bad if not worse than the very people he rose up against in the first place.

That's literally all the social issues the backstory to the franchise needs, anything further than that (which I can't get into specifics about but we all know what those entail) is just pandering.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Deadlock234

I never thought about it as the Russian Revolution, but that actually makes a lot of sense lol. You're right, but that's exactly what it needs. I think. The brand has always been about the war, but it's very rarely expanded upon why the war started. Off the top of my head the only real look into prewar Cybertron has been from IDW, and they've done it in the most detail. If there weren't social issues then there would be no reason for a war. Plus it adds a reason to care about what's happening.

10. TopShot16

TopShot16 Dinobot "Technician"

The Godzilla anime movies weren't that bad. As long as the animation isn't choppy like it was for the Prime Wars Trilogy (which is the first downside I see, considering that's the animation style RT is using for gen:LOCK), I'll watch it.

11. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 DYNAZENON! BATTLE GO!

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    My reaction in a nutshell:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Same here bro. Luckily, from what I’ve heard, the good outweighs the bad. (Animators of Prime, Writers of Prime, RiD2015, Cyberverse, etc.)

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Feelings

News Credits:
    The main writer is the same one from Machinima.

14. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    SHHH DON’T RUIN MY HAPPINESS

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Everyone is overlooking the fact that Netflix and Hasbro are going to have a lot of oversight this time around. Hasbro knows that this is the biggest exposure for the brand outside of the live action movies in years, and Netflix has a very solid track record with genre material. The writers will also have ample time to break the story and a significantly bigger budget. I will be surprised if it’s not excellent.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    show runner is not really the same thing as head writer

• Like Like x 1
  17. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Here's a tip: use the same CGI for the Cybertron sequences in Bumblebee movie, and I'm in.

18. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    so we spend a season's budget on 3 minutes? okay.

• Like Like x 2
  19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I have mixed feelings about Netflix handling Transformers. They did Voltron. But they also did She-Ra. So they can either make something that respects the source material or they could toss the source material right out the window. It could go either way.

20. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I love funimation......... not exactly thrilled with what happened with Vic Mignogna but they have very talented voice actors and I love me some anime

• Like Like x 1