War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    How tall is Paleotrex and Ractonite?
    Also, Paleotrex is mostly arm and not much leg, while Ractonite has more leg, but less arm. Wingfinger has a lot of Arm and leg, but vey little torso.

2. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. RoguePrimal

RoguePrimal Autobots Black Operations Commander

Whoah wingfinger literally looks like a stick figure in that photo:ev: 

4. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    That's pretty much what it is. It's thin, sleek, and tall. Like a ninja (as they described in the reveal).

5. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

Still hate the lack of actual hands in Ractonite.

• Like Like x 2
  6. kyan0411

kyan0411 Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Going by the scale chart this Scorponok is a bit overly short yeah, though it is exacerbated by Kingdom Blackarachnia being too tall. I personally don't mind Scorponok being even a bit further on the short side than usual, but it is definitely a change from the show.
    S1Scale (1).png

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

SCALE AND SCALE! WHAT IS SCALE?!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    C9AE8A90-7A9F-4793-803E-0A421702ECFC.jpeg CAF9011B-CB76-40C2-ACEA-C7E9A29E1FBE.png

• Like Like x 9
  10. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

A reason for people to cry about milimeters on the internet?

• Like Like x 10
  11. kyan0411

kyan0411 Active Member

But nothing beat Terrorsaur being smallest of predacon in its vintage toy vs second largest of predacon in show (before inferno)

• Like Like x 2
  12. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

I honestly stopped caring about scale in the bw toys long ago. I mean, if we take Barney as an example, Scorponok turns into a horse-sized arthropod. Should i really care if his robot mode is a few shorter than he should? :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Yeah, beast mode scale being "true to life" is obviously pretty unimportant for a lot of Beast Wars characters. Only thing that really matters to me is whether between-characters scale is at least roughly in-line with how it was in the show, or if one or two characters are off from that, it's in a way that makes sense. Kingdom's been doing pretty good at that so far. Scorponok's a bit shorter compared to everyone else than he was in the show, but just to an extent that kinda emphasizes his "small stocky bruiser" nature he already had imo.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Beast Wars scale is going to be fun to watch unfold over the coming years.

I expect characters like Depth Charge and Rampage to be Leader class figures when they receive updates, and those that were "upgraded" will simply remain the same size, for the most part, despite their increase in size in the show.

Cheetor, for example. I envision him getting three Deluxe figures -- Original, Transmetal and Transmetal 2. Blackarachnia will remain a Deluxe. As will Tarantulas. Transmetal Primal will still be a Voyager.

We're seeing influence from the TV show with the scale in Kingdom, but the line isn't beholden to it, for better and worse (Rattrap). I think the sizes for the expanding cast will be recalibrated, so that these "upgrades" are simply more of a change in design. Think Siege and Earthrise Starscream. Same character, different designs, same size. The Beast Wars characters are just changing their look.

Part of this, too, stems from Beast Wars likely sharing lines going forward in Generations. Want as you might a Leader class TM2 Dinobot, but I don't see it happening. For a start, the figure doesn't "do" enough to warrant the size. A Voyager will cover everything necessary. And we can't be greedy, gobbling up all the Voyager, Leader and Commander slots each year. There are 30 designs we can work with and look forward to. If the scale from the TV show was adhered to, there would only be 10 Deluxe figures. The remaining 20 are Voyagers or bigger. I feel that's very unlikely.

Deluxe:
    Original Rattrap
    Original Cheetor
    Original Airazor
    Original Blackarachnia
    Original Scorponok
    Original Waspinator
    Original Tarantulas
    Fuzor Quickstrike
    Transmetal Rattrap
    Transmetal Cheetor
    Transmetal Tarantulas
    Transmetal 2 Blackarachnia
    Transmetal 2 Cheetor

Voyager:
    Original Optimus Primal
    Original Rhinox
    Original Tigatron
    Original Dinobot
    Original Terrorsaur
    Original Inferno
    Fuzor Silverbolt
    Transmetal Optimus Primal
    Transmetal Ravage
    Transmetal 2 Dinobot

Leader:
    Original Megatron
    Transmetal Depth Charge
    Transmetal Megatron
    Transmetal Rampage
    Transmetal 2 Tigerhawk

Commander:
    Transmetal Optimal Optimus
    Transmetal 2 Megatron

Something like that is how I see the next few years unfolding.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in agreement with this, I can't really see the Transmetal upgrades going up a size class except for TM Rattrap

• Like Like x 5
  16. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

Ok, i finally got my package with the second Barney, second and third Dinoblot, Cheetroll, Striparachnia and Birdemic.

Now i own all the wave 1 and 2 beasts so i can rate them properly. I'll put a spoiler button because it's gonna be a LONG post.

So, in order to properly calculate their value, i'm gonna consider these factors:
    -Sculpt and design, so the aesthetics but also the design choices related to that.
    -Realism, the level of similarity between their beast mode and the real animals they are supposed to turn into
    -Painting
    -Engineering, basically the complexity of the transformation, pros and cons of it, and poseability
    -Gimmicks, a thing that these figures seem to not have for us that remember the old toys, which were literally loaded with stuff
    -Plastic quality
    -Price

I'm not gonna judge the similarity with the original toon characters because honestly idgaf about that ._.

Let's start from the lowest class:
    Mickey Mousetrap
    -Sculpt and design
    8/10
    They could've done better robot feet.

-Realism
    9.5/10
    He's a 1:1 scale representation of some mice species like mus musculus, has the correct body and head structure and he's so realistic you can clearly say he's a male mouse.
    His tail shouldn't look like that but that's not a big deal.

-Painting
    5/10
    Excellent paint quality, too bad there are almost zero painted parts. Also, why the hell the tail isn't pink?

-Engineering
    9/10
    That's just awesome. A masterpiece level of engineering. The only issue i can see is that the shoulders don't peg anywhere in bot mode, so they can become a little floppy after some transformations, but that's an easy fix. Also, he's very poseable in bot mode. Too bad his beast mode doesn't have any poseability in the front legs and nearly zero poseability in his head.

-Gimmicks
    10/10
    He's a core class robot with a gun, so i didn't expect any gimmick, but for his size i think he's more than fine. Also, his beast mode has visible genitals. That counts as a gimmick, right?

-Plastic quality
    7/10
    He's basically at the same level of the old bw basic class toys: decent plastic quality, strong enough to be played with, not that i need it but it's nice to know that a toy could do his job eventually.

-Price
    7/10
    Here is around €18/20, so definitely high for such a small figure. Yet, the level of engineering makes it worthy.

Vertebrennan
    -Sculpt and design
    8/10
    She's small, she's cool, get used to it. Too bad she doesn't look like a "she" at all, looks more like Barney's son. Has also a very similar head design. Just, was it really necessary to place the peghole that holds the tail right where her robot mode butt is supposed to be? Oh well, at least she can have some fun.

-Realism
    8/10
    Afaics, her beast mode matches almost perfectly the skeleton of a Dracorex Hogwartsia. Of course there are some errors (mostly, the legs and the heels) but they depend by the fact she turns into a robot, so it's a very good compromise.

-Painting
    6/10
    Is she painted at all? The only paint i can see is on her face and chest. Good, but that's it.

-Engineering
    6.5/10
    Not too complex, not too easy, pretty much what you would expect from a core class. Far less valuable than Mickey Mousetrap, yet satisfying enough. Good poseability in both modes.

-Gimmicks
    6/10
    She has a tail sword and can open her mouth. Nothing special, but the sword has a double-sized peg that allows it to be hold by any other robot. It will fit in any 3mm and 5mm peghole.

-Plastic quality
    8/10
    Better than Mickey Mousetrap, only her hands feel somehow fragile. Still good enough to be used as a toy.

-Price
    6.5/10
    Less valuable than Mickey Mousetrap as a toy, it's still acceptable to pay around €15 for her. Mine was 19.90 so definitely too much.

Cheetroll
    -Sculpt and design
    7/10
    He's kinda nice, but idky i like the henkei version's beast mode more. His robot mode is definitely very nice, far better than the henkei.

-Realism
    6/10
    Cool beast mode, but he's not thin enough. Looks more close to a jaguar than a cheetah. The henkei one wins in this case.

-Painting
    7/10
    His beast mode is nice, but the robot mode is barely acceptable. It wouldn't be a big deal to use a darker shade of blue. I wouldn't expect a metallic paint like they did on the Netflix one (that also doesn't have painted legs) but this is definitely not dark enough.

-Engineering
    6/10
    The whole neck area sucks. And not in the funny way. I've been hella careful and gentle at the first transformation, yet i've literally seen a stressmark slowly appearing in front of my eyes.
    The rest is fine.

-Gimmicks
    5/10
    He has a tail weapon-thing that you can shove up his ass. That's always funny.

-Plastic quality
    5/10
    Except for the neck area, he seems pretty good. I wonder why they did that part SO bad.

-Price
    5/10
    He's around €30 here. And he's very small for a deluxe. He's too expensive for his quality.

Striparachnia
    -Sculpt and design
    8/10
    Cool af. A lot of kibble in beast mode, but it works fine.

-Realism
    7/10
    She surely look like a black widow, but not perfect. Well done btw.

-Painting
    9/10
    I see no issues, and i honestly don't know how it could've been better.

-Engineering
    9/10
    Complex, stimulating and intelligent. Maybe some more panels on her thighs would've helped hiding some kibble in beast mode, but not so much. Poseability is limited but decent in beast mode, nearly perfect in bot mode

-Gimmicks
    80085/10
    Her weapon would've been better with a string of some kind. Also, she has beautiful boobs incredible airbags.

-Plastic quality
    5/10
    She feels definitely fragile. I didn't see any issue with her chest tab, yet all of her body (expecially the hands) is very disappointing, like a cheap ko.

-Price
    5/10
    Like Cheetroll, she's too expensive for her quality. €30 is too much. €20 would've been a fair price.

Birdemic
    -Sculpt and design
    7/10
    I don't like the fact she has all that visible kibble in beast mode and her birb legs look too mechanic, but she's cool.

-Realism
    7/10
    There are some differences between her and a real falcon/hawk, but nothing so bad.

-Painting
    6/10
    There is not so much paint on this figure and it's not perfect, but i'm fine with it.

-Engineering
    8/10
    Well done, but i would've liked foldable robot feet and poseable claws. Amazing wings. Very poseable in bot mode.

-Gimmicks
    6/10
    She can open her birb mouth, can flap and close her wings, and she has a couple of darts/guns. She doesn't need more gimmicks than these, honestly.

-Plastic quality
    8/10
    Very good, definitely better than the previous two figures.

-Price
    9/10
    Still around €30, which is fine after all.

Dinoblot
    -Sculpt and design
    7/10
    His bot mode is awesome, but the beast mode is far from being perfect. The sword is literally a giant dildo.

-Realism
    4/10
    I know raptors had feathers, but let's be honest, he looks more like a shaved turkey.
    Also, his dino hands are so flat you might think they've been crushed by a steamroller.

-Painting
    4/10
    His dino mode could've been painted better, you can barely see the difference in the color pattern. His bot mode has very limited paint apps. Bad color choice for his tail.

-Engineering
    6/10
    It would've been perfect with proper digitigrade legs in beast mode, a thing that could've been easily done.

-Gimmicks
    6/10
    He has a purple dildo as weapon, so if you get bored by the figure you can find something else to play with. The tail shield is useless.

-Plastic quality
    9/10
    Very strong plastic, only the tail doesn't feel perfect. But he's definitely a toy you could play with. Mine felt off of a shelf twice. Not even a stressmark.

-Price
    9/10
    Here i found it at two different prices: €29.90 in my local toy store and €59.90 online. The first price is almost too low for such a figure but €60 is a little bit too high for a voyager, it doesn't matter how good he is. €40/50 would've been a good deal.

Barney
    I'm not even gonna waste my time doing this. He's a 10/10 on every single aspect. I just love it.

• Like Like x 5
  17. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I would love if the dropped everything a size. Make all the deluxe you listed as core class, drop the voyagers to deluxe and leaders to voyager. Etc. I love thinking about how that would display.

• Like Like x 4
  18. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think hasbro would do a voyaguer ravage been honest, just a rettool of transmetal cheetor, for me what would happen is this since they dont care too much on scale
    Deluxes
    Cheetor tm1 and tm2
    Rattrap tm
    Tarantulas tm
    Quicstrike
    Silverbolt
    Blackarachnia tm2
    Voyaguer
    Dinobot 2
    Primal tm1
    Megatron tm1( cyclonus size)
    Tiguerhawk( cyclonus size)
    Leader
    Rampage
    Dephtcharge
    Tm2 megatron( old leaders are possible see studio series dinobots)
    Commander
    Optimal optimus

Or a better option would be
    Titan class 2 pack ( titan price is basically 2 commandera price)
    Optimal optimus vs dragon megatron

19. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

I’d totally army build a Core Class Waspinator.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

For me, relative scale is the most important thing, exact scale doesn't matter too much (when it comes to non-MP figures). Characters should be taller than the characters that they're supposed to be taller than, shorter than the characters they're supposed to be shorter than, and roughly equal to the characters they're supposed to be roughly equal to.

For some reason Blackarachnia's destiny seems to be to throw off relative scale. She was always one of the worst offenders with her previous toys and now she's back at it again. Only way to have a BA that's the smallest character (alongside Rattrap) in a BW Season 1 lineup is to go MP or to go 3rd party.

• Like Like x 2