War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

I would like more core beasts but if they give us core fuzors BEFORE core season 1 characters i'm gonna start making molotovs.

2. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

So, how about a more focused discussion of the latest Beast reveals.

I'm sad to say I really don't like how Rhinox looks. He's OK from a distance but up close, his head looks completely off, plus I don't like how mechanical his torso looks. The shape of his beast mode just isn't quite right. Overall, he really doesn't have the organic feel of a Beast Wars figure. I'm definitely sticking with the T30 figure, despite its loose legs.

Wingfinger's dino mode isn't great looking. The rib cage is too far down and the whole thing just doesn't look like it should be able to fly, which kinda defeats the point of doing a Pteranodon. The robot mode is pretty cool but lacks the monstrous look of previous Fossilizers. I've been interested in building hoards of them but this guy almost feels like he should be a unique character. I'm also unsure if the Ninja look really works in Beast Wars.

I'm sure Dracodon is a reference to something and that's cool for people who are into obscure 90s references but I simply don't like that colour scheme. Nothing but bright green is just too garish for my tastes.

Combined with Scorponok and his squat robot mode, I've gotta say this is the weakest wave of Beast figures we've gotten so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Happy to see Rhinox is brand new. Sad to see his Chain Guns of Doom are too small. I pre ordered him and Scorponok. The others I can get in store.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PixHell

Guys, WHERE did you see their pics! I'm searching in every thread i can and i've seen nothing so far. PLEASE! I NEED TO SEE!!!

5. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. PixHell

Seen, thanks. Disappointment isn't strong enough as a word, to express how do i feel about Rhinox. I'm definitely gonna keep my T30 one. Looks a lot more realistic in beast mode, except for the mouth, but the difference isn't so big to justify the purchase.
    Also, the t30 bot mode is SO much better.
    So, to Hasbro...
    22xen0.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Just noticed something that weirds me out about Rhinox...his rhino head, in robot mode, clearly still has his lower jaw despite him having a faux lower jaw on his chest. I wonder why they didn't just have the real lower jaw fold down so it wouldn't be visible in robot mode.

(honestly at this point I feel we're 2 for 2 with the Kingdom updates to the T30 beasts not really improving on those figures, and I really doubt they'll improve on T30 Waspinator's near perfect show accuracy, so I stand by my earlier wish that they'd just rereleased/tweaked those molds and made other characters instead...but oh well)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nope

Nope if it's not in frame it doesn't exist

News Credits:
    I have to agree about Rhinox unfortunately. The only real upgrades compared to T30 is that his guns are painted and his elbows bend more than 45 degrees, lol. Besides that, though, I'm not feeling this guy at all. He almost looks like he's from a different toyline. I don't mind them trying out a fake chest, but why doesn't the actual jaw fold away behind his head? The chainguns are kinda weird too because of how small the handheld part appears to be--they look more like shurikens on a stick or something. Obviously I get that the T30 toy won't be easily accessible for many people, and I'm glad that there are people who prefer the Kingdom toy, but I can't help but find this to be the most bizarre and disappointing BW guy in the line.

Wingfinger looks alright. Probably my least favorite of the three Fossilizers but that's nothing to be ashamed of. And besides the questionable torso proportions, I'm really happy with how Scorponok looks and I can't wait to get him.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PixHell

I have the Takara version and mine has painted guns, should i feel lucky?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

Ark is back up for Preorder.

11. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

painted guns + spring loaded spinny action = hell yeah you should feel lucky

• Like Like x 1
  12. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Well-Known Member

Just need Rhinox and Tigatron and I will finally complete my set of the season 1 cast of the Maximals.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    T30 Rhinox was always gonna be hard to beat. Its basically the definitive Rhinox figure without being Masterpiece.

Kingdom Rhinox has painted Chain Guns of Doom though, so he has that going for him.

I'm most disappointed with the head sculpt though. So far everyone's head sculpt looks ripped straight from the show, but Rhinox's head sculpt looks more like the T30 figure than he does the show. Weird.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Diet Magmatron has entered the chat

20210409_131536.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  15. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Speaking about the Fossilizer Combiner, I guess this opens the possibility of getting a new Magnaboss at the very least.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    What is that combo supposed to be a reference to? Looks nothing like magmatron

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skyfire98

Skyfire98 You can’t beat the original!

Does it explain when the Kindom trailer is coming out?

• Like Like x 1
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:

I'm sure to no one's surprise Tonton managed to get a Kingdom Galvatron early.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Adding this here since it is relevant.
    I want to be enthusiastic for Rhinox but ultimately it's hard for me to get excited. The rest of the Kingdom beast figures generally look pretty authentic to the characters in animation and embrace the original organic aesthetic, the line has been a home run!
    However Rhinox looks to be taking more drastic liberties in a similar way to his T30 figure, it doesn't quite match the aesthetics of the other Kingdom beasts and adds a lot of extra greebly detail.

A more animation accurate head, a smoother more organic gold chest piece and bigger hands would make me very happy. This transformation likely dictates the hand size unfortunately, however the other two tweaks seem very achievable without interrupting the existing transformation. Stronger golds and browns would also help.

Here's what this mold might look like with my proposed tweaks (and a couple other minor edits), and I think it's very doable without any major re-engineering:
    [​IMG]

They could go even further if they wanted, allowing the real beast head's lower jaw to flip around backward exposing the inside red & teeth, so that in robot mode it appears like it's the roof of the mouth, instead of looking like a duplicate lower jaw. Another tweak that I don't think would interrupt the existing transformation, though I did not depict that above. EDIT: I've now added that in too, along with the new swivel that would allow for it.

(To be honest I think any mold that gives Rhinox small hands is a party fowl as big hands are one of the defining features of his silhouette, but the above would still be pretty good)

• Like Like x 14
  20. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You know what I realized when looking up some recent images of Rhinox? Obviously, the original animation had an organic lower jaw for the chest plate, but the recent mobile games have had that weird robotic chest design.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2