War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Such an awesome image!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Warrior King

News Credits:
    The Only figure I want is Cyclonus... and maybe Warpath.

3. oneyouknowleast

oneyouknowleast Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That T30 Rhinox fits in really well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    So glad it was confirmed despite my already set headcanon for her. So.... What gives me the most hype in the new core class?

1. A legendary leader of a planetary faction aimed to bring peace across the galaxy by stopping a faction bent on tyranny?

2. A Rat with a surprising ammount of articulation and arguably looks so much better compared to its previous release despite the size difference.

3. One bony girl.

The answer is obvious....

• Like Like x 9
  5. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

Height wise, yes. But that headsculpt just isn't Rhinox. Even if the ones worse than this, it'll have better articulation and a better head. Both things kept me from buying T30

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I think the T30 does an amazing job at capturing the feel of the character, but I honestly am surprised how infrequently people mention how screen-inaccurate it is. The headscupt is decent, the chest is completely wrong (though probably the best that can be done without a fake chest), the gold crotch piece is toy-accuarte, but not show-accurate, and the back-kibble lacks the proper "skirt".

It's an amazing toy, but there is really a lot of room for improvement if we are looking for a more screen-accurate robot mode, which Kingdom seems to be going for, for the most part.

Again, I think it's a great figure (except the knees), it's just strange I rarely see this mentioned when there are a billion conversations about screen-accuracy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

Cards on the table, I'm not a fan of perfect screen-accuracy. Especially not in generations. Striving for screen accuracy is what has made the more recent G1 Masterpiece figures look really bad IMO. Beast Wars honestly had some kinda ugly models used in the show. Some looked better than others, but they were all very simple and very clunky. Kingdom has already clearly departed from screen accuracy by making the beast modes realistic, so I don't think that's the priority for this line. I've always felt that generations should strive to update old designs, not recreate them beat for beat.

• Like Like x 13
  8. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I've heard this before. I can only assume this is where I am completely nostalgia blind, cause I just don't see them as ugly. I look at my screen-accurate MPs on my shelf and they look beautiful to me.

Maybe it's just like a parent with their kids. No matter what, they'll always be beautiful.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight AKA: King Scarlet Bosphormemeus Hyrule

News Credits:
    MEME2020-11-16-09-37-38.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't think it was the models that were the issues, rather than the odd animations themselves thanks to the still developing CG animation. In static shots, they look great for the most part, but when animated they're weird and disjointed and robotic, not often moving very smoothly. Which is why the MP figures look great, they arent moving for the most part

11. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I never felt like they moved that poorly... until Beast Machines. They moved so uncomfortably for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They weren't the smoothest when I watched it a few months ago. You can tell they were posed by hand rather than, say, mocap. I think that much may be slight nostalgia.

13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Man, I would pay money to get a remake of Beast Wars. Keep the voice acting, just update the graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trevor Belmont

Not just the knees. Try imagining you're an articulation junky. The elbows are a no no then too.
    The robot mode is good, I agree. The fact that you say the head is decent leaves room for me to say I don't like it. The head is precisely why it does not capture the look and feel Rhinox to me. He's such a gentle friendly soul. T30 makes him look like an aggressive tank

I'm not one for screen accuracy either. The new MPs look like utter trash to me too. However, how on earth dare you call BW models ugly?? They are beautiful but I like how Kingdom added some more details (on Primal's crotch for example). I'm all for the changes in Kingdom. Realistic beast modes beat masterpiece beast modes. 99% screen accurate headsculpts, thank you Hastak. Those were important, cos they have some very memorable faces in the show. Updated surface detailing, why not? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

This confuses me. The MP BW are super screen accurate. If you like the BW models, why don't you like the MP?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Probably doesnt like the engineering or price

17. Trevor Belmont

Sorry for not clarifying. In my personal opinion the new G1 MPs are terrible in every regard.

The beast wars MPs don't have good Beast modes except Megatron, but I like their robot modes. For some reason I feel like Kingdom Blackarachnias robot mode is better than that of the MP (minus the backpack of course)

I'm also considering cutting Kingdom Blackarachnias two inner legs a bit shorter for an even more realistic black widow mode

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I think Kingdom Blackarachnia is unquestionably a better bang for your buck (by a pretty large margin), but in my view, MP is definitely the superior version. Even beast mode, I don't think Kingdom looks all that great. Neither really has a great beast mode, but I find MP blackarachnia has more personality in beast mode. You can get some real dynamic poses, with the legs, head tilt, moving mouth.

I think all the MP, other than Blackarachnia have great beast modes. I also think Kingdom have great beast modes (other than Blackarachnia), but for different reasons. But obviously that's all personal tastes.

19. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    We don't have a million dollars, for one.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I also don't have a million dollars. I have money saved up all year to buy my MP's. At this point, I only ever by Beast Wars, I don't by any other transformers.

Regardless, this wasn't a question of bang for your buck. Without question, Kingdom is a way better bang for your buck. Money a concern? Definitely do Kingdom. If I make a ratio of "quality" over "price", Kingdom wins hard. But if we are talking just about how they look? MP are super screen accurate for the most part. Like the show models? Then, logically, you should like how MP look overall.

With perhaps exceptions of Blackarachnia beast mode and Dinobot's thick body.

• Like Like x 1