War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I'd be okay with that: getting them both in the same year, versus having one be a Commander one year, and then having to wait an entire year for the other.

Unless they were to give us two commanders in a line, which I honestly wouldn't be against.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

maybe Skids? He’s the only 85 Autobot Car left since they’re doing Jazz in the Studio Series.

3. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

I’m going to guess it was the Autobot clones. All the surrounding ID numbers are two packs. We’ve known they’d be coming for a while. Also if you look at the Amazon listing no box is shown for them. Ratchet and Lifeline are shown in a special box for GO. None is shown for the clones. Leads me to believe it wasn’t ready because it wasn’t GO. Even the announcement of the clones was under strange circumstances after the next reveal “not being ready”

We will have to see if they can come up with something for that spot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So in 2021 we have Kingdom, the new ongoing Beast Wars comic book series, and by that time we'll know whether or not the Beast Wars film is actually happening for 2022.

The point is, there is a lot Beast Wars going around. If we get the movie happening for 2022, that'll probably be the next Beast Wars line we get, which will likely be season 1 characters once again, but in the new movie appearence. Maybe we'll get some IDW figures.

From the sounds of things, Hasbro intends to do a full reboot of their transformers properties after kingdom and do a makeover of the transformers franchise. WHo knows what that means, but it sounds to me like the WFC line is ending with the end of the trilogy. To me that means it's unlikely that series gets to "season 2" beast wars. So our best bet is there is a new beast wars series in the "makeover" but that'll likely lead to new season 1 characters.

Point is, my guess is we are getting season 1 characters in a different aesthetic before we get transmetals or beyond. After that, perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

I get that. But I’m talking about the mainline. Like generations after WFC. Which will most likely be a mix of the slim amount of g1 stuff , beast wars, and other. So I’m saying in the years coming in the main generations lines after WFC, is it possible that we get those characters, and what size classes they’d be in

6. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    From what we've seen of Kingdom thus far, I can't help but think that Hasbro are taking a slightly different approach to scale with the BW figures than their G1 cousins. Cheetor and Blackarachnia are the same height. Rattrap is too small. Rattrap aside, the figures are in the correct size classes, but the focus on scale is less so than what we've seen in Siege and Earthrise.

Going forward, I think this lesser focus on scale will continue. For example, both TM and TM2 Cheetor will be Deluxe figures. TM and TM2 Megatron will be Leader class. Rather than a literal upgrade, it's simply a change of body.

This means that big boys like Rampage, Depth Charge and Tigerhawk can also be Leader class. They're still big, but not in the same way or to the same degree they were 'big' in the show.

I could see Optimal Optimus being the only Commander class Beast Wars figure.

We only get 3-4 Leaders per line, and with the big boys we have to work through, it will take another Trilogy of lines to get them, mixed in with bots from other lines of course.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ddg studios

yeah that makes sense to me. As long as the main seven season one bots (except rattrap who honestly I don't mind being smaller) are in scale i'm not complaining

it's just the direction kingdom is going raises so many questions for the future of generations, and BW related generations figures, like are all figures that aren't transmetal going for a more realistic animal form. If so IF we ever get a Lio Convoy how would that look, and like five years from now will we even get characters like B'Boom, Lio Convoy, Big Convoy etc.? or is that too much of a deep cut? I'm just excited and intrigued by the direction of generations after 2021 and in the many years to come

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Takara EX-01 Paleotrex (releases in March 2021): Twitter

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

wacky what if: core class 4 pack of predators(obviously excluding stalker and skyquake) that are remolds of core class starscream. would most likely be exclusive. idk i just want hasbro to give us the predators and the rest of the turbomasters

• Like Like x 1
  10. PolyWraith

PolyWraith Technorganic being

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I want those G2 jets...Hooligan, anyone???

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Do we only have the (allegedly) fake photo to go off? Galvatron is one of the coolest looking 'bots in all of Transformers in my opinion.

My curiousity also grows about 2022. This could be it for me if they just start all over. SIEGE was basically perfect in my opinion and the more we move away from it the more I move my wallet away most likely. Sadly I admit there just isn't enough G1 or G2 to centerpiece an entire line, but there certainly is enough to justify more releases. Generations could be a true anthology type line. The speculation is they just are gonna start over?? I get the business sense of it, but artistically it blows and I'm not on board to defend business decisions anymore when they're robbing longtime fans. But I likely am prematurely judging.

• Like Like x 2
  12. PolyWraith

PolyWraith Technorganic being

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Question: people have been saying that the new Jazz figure won't be a WFC toy, but will be a part of some kind of S86 or Studio 86 toyline (is that the name?). What is that, and also, is there any hope of a Jazz figure in that toyline having 5mm points on it, allowing for Weaponizers / Fossilizers / Battle Masters?

13. Ddg studios

Same for me. There really aren’t that many g1 characters that I’d personally be invested in besides like alpha trion, and devcon. And besides that just beast wars, animated, Idw, etc. characters done in the siege earthrise style, I can see my collecting after 2021 thinning to just what I really want

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Studio Series, the line that has been doing Bayverse figures, will be including characters from the animated Transformers The Movie from 1986, in celebration of it's 35th anniversary.

None have been officially announced, but we have store listings, and have seen deluxe Kup, amd voyager Hot Rod and Scourge. Jazz is supposed to be coming in that line, as opposed to Kingdom.

So far, it doesn't look like the SS86 figs have the ports from the WFC trilogy bots, save in very limited number and location. But the truth is, we don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ddg studios

the studio series 86 line is supposed to be coming out next year in celebration of the 35th anniversary of the movie.
    We’ve already seen stolen images of Hot rod, scourge, and Kup for this line, and we 100% are getting a jazz because of multiple Walmart and Amazon leaks, that also had kup, hotrod, and scourge leaked. Those three figures are sort of weaponizer compatible, they have a few ports here and there as well as Hotrod, and scourge coming with blast effects.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Jazz will be part of Studio Series, as Studio Series is going to start including characters from the 1986 movie (hence people calling these figures "SS86", or Studio Series 86). He may have some 5mm ports, but probably not as many as a typical WFC figure - look up the SS86 Hot Rod, Kup, and Scourge for an idea of what these SS86 figures will be like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

It's like "Say it Ain't so!" I did a mental budget for 2021 and it won't be much less really factoring in SS '86, but I could only think of less than a DOZEN figures after that I am really hoping for:

• I VERY much want PowerMaster Optimus Prime WFC-style and about 4-5 other PowerMasters and/or Target Masters surrounding him. I am not any expert on who would fit the bill there but I know there's enough to make a wave or more.
    • Would love a Voyager Jhiaxus, his army troops and Dreadwing from G2. Pretty high on my want list. Bludgeon too.
    • TITAN Metroplex.
    I would be down for WFC Combiners, particularly Constructicons, but not a hill I would die on. I would buy WFC Star Saber and Thunderwing, but won't really miss them if we don't get them. Synthesizing new characters in this style is infinitely more interesting to me than redoing the tentpoles yet again, but don't see it.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Ddg studios

i have an extensive list of what's in my personal list of figures I want g1 and outside. I was just trying to figure out if anyone had created a thread to talk about post WFC trilogy generations stuff, because Kingdoms basically been leaked i'm more curious about what's coming next, or I guess what people would want. If anyone's made a thread respond to this lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Meanwhile, there is 1 thing I am wondering about the new Transformers Kingdom Toyline. Specifically the Generations Selects Toyline that will have redecos of Kingdom Figures. How will they be able to create redecos of the Beast Wars Figures in order to make more toys based upon them? Seeing the new toys that have been officially confirmed so far, Rattrap, Core Optimus Prime, Vertebreak, Cheetor, Blackarachnia, Warpath, Paleotrex, Optimus Primal, Cyclonus, and Beast Megatron, and some of the leaked figures, Tracks, Slammer, Core Megatron, Core Starscream, Wingfinger, Ractonite, Stomp Chomp (or Chomp Stomp), Beast Wars Scorponok, Tigatron, G1 Inferno, Huffer, Pipes, Rhinox, Dinobot, Galvatron, Earth Ultra Magnus, Waspinator, and Shadow Panther, based upon those molds provided, I can think of Artfire from G1 Inferno, Metrotank from Slammer, I guess the whole "Nemesis Prime from Optimus Prime" Thing, Core Thundercracker and Skywarp (because Starscream), Hauler from Earthrise Grapple, err, that's it. I don't think that Hasbro or TakaraTomy could make many figures from these sets, except maybe G1 Buzzsaw from WFC Laserbeak. Other than that, I do not know WHO could they create in the Generations Selects toyline. In fact, the only figure that I would think would fit into Earthrise's ID Gap (WFC-E28) could be G1 Blaster. Other than that, I have no clue.

20. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Same! I would be totally fine getting what I want through Selects or Amazon or even HASLAB but ONLY if it had the tooling and paint it deserved to make it right. In this era maybe "non general retail" releases will get bigger budgets.

• Like Like x 1