War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

femme tarantulas

femme tarantulas

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    ...the leaks already said the Titan came with a transforming Deluxe that hadn't been a transforming figure previously.

Also, why are you assuming this is only a base when every Titan that wasn't a combiner had a base mode and a bot mode? And our most recent Titan was a triple changer with one mode being a base.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shackwave71

Shackwave71 Very Illuminating...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

Transforming Teletraan-I?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

still think that one's just airwave at his "proper scale"

6. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do you mean the giant airwave or the ark on the box

• Like Like x 2
  7. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with this. A $200-300 amazing Ark with stretch goals is a way easier sale than a $600 Unicron where they were seemingly making it up as they went along.

Make it $200 with promises of stretch goals and it would hit its target within a week.

• Like Like x 7
  8. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

That’s a great idea. I’d prefer it be amongst a decent few Animated homages though. Wasp from Netflix Bumblebee (the beetle not the Mistubishi please) would be really great. A unique mould deluxe or voyager Slipstream would be awesome too.

Animated is probably a permanent pipe dream though. :(  Maybe Hasbro will revive it for a line in a few years, similar to how Batman: The Animated Series received at least a few waves of updated cartoon accurate figures in their collector’s line. Then again Beast Wars has eventually gotten its new line, and Animated is clutched pretty tightly by the fandom, maybe its time will come quicker.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Glad to see TonTon has more or less nailed the robot mode, though I had to double-check the previous video to make sure Blackarachnias bodacious bazonkers can indeed fold away in her spider mode. Her torso is a little bit puzzling to me: at times it can do a lot of articuation, at others it looks rather static. I guess we have to wait till the full review to find out. Fingers crossed she\'ll end up being super nimble!

10. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

agreed

11. BluJayWarrior

BluJayWarrior Collector Wannabe

News Credits:
    Lol looks like Tonton mistransformed the spider, while SwiftTransform didn't even try for the robot mode.
    Perfectly balanced.

• Like Like x 12
  12. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

Personally I'd prefer slipstream as a Starscream repaint or retool, never really got why she looked so different in the show when she's literally made from the same mold as the rest of the seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They didn't have to extend it though, it got extended prior to all of the affiliate and takara orders getting added, it likely would have passed without the extension, especially when you factor in the surge on the final day.

Did Unicron meet its goal? Yes? THEN IT WAS A SUCCESS! Why are you trying to argue with me on that?

It didn't almost fail though, again, as I have said twice already (this is the third time), it got extended PRIOR to all of the affiliate orders being added. The fandom asked for an extension, Hasbro saw an opportunity to get even more orders and took it. Remember that the number stagnated for most of that extension. It would have passed without it

• Like Like x 3
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Wait wait wait.... suddenly everyone thinks this is Haslab when leaks already told us things about the Kingdom Titan that fit with this?

Oh my God it's the "SS DEVY ID $500!" freakout again.

• Like Like x 8
  15. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Wasn't keen on Rattrap, but Cheetor and Blackarachnia have both knocked it out of the park.

• Like Like x 1
  16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    If that's your argument... it'd sell like hotcakes at the regular Titan price point anyway.

Where did "IT'S HASLAB!" even come from? We've spent the whole summer talking about these leaks assuming the Titan is the Ark and now we get confirmation and we're all pivoting to assuming it's a crowd-funding project?

• Like Like x 2
  17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, BA is amazing. And probably will freak out my female colleagues if and when we go back to the office and I take her there. :D 
    I mean, she really looks like a very large Black Widow Spider, even the marking's shape is correct.
    Blackarachnia01.jpg gettyimages-56714764.jpg
    She has the same issues in hiding the feet under the bulbous abdomen as the MP toy, but does a better job since her thighs are also part of it and are detailed like the abdomen. The arms though are far less noticeable, in fact her shoulders look like giant mandibles!
    And man she has great articulation, even mistransformed. I can totally forgive the faults she has from a 20$ figure, which is something I could not forgive a 200$ toy with the MP one...In fact, with Hasbro making a better Shockwave, Grapple, Optimus and now Cheetor and Blackarachnia than their MP versions, it feels like after Takara trying to upstage Hasbro for many years by reworking/adding new parts/repainting the Hasbro toys, now Hasbro is showing Takara "see, we can do this too, remake your hyper-articulated and ultra expensive Masterpieces at better priced levels" :D 

As for the Ark reveal, I am soooo glad it is not Metroplex. The Ark makes a lot of sense for this storyline/setting, after all half the BW show took place there. Bit confused by the 2 other pics... maybe it will come with a shuttle that turns into Teletraan-1?

• Like Like x 3
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Looking forward to the review. Kinda worried she may not have waist articulation but who knows? Maybe she does.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Looks like she won't, but she gets an ab crunch out of the transformation joints.

Also, the spider leg paint apps in her chest are a nice detail. Didn't have to do that, but they did. So they're making up for the different sizes by putting some care in to the details.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

Do you deny that the Sentinel was more successful than Unicron? Yes or no question.