War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I order to understand the reception of certain figures, you have to remember where each given character started from. Some characters had more accurate toys to start with than others. A character like Optimus Primal was already highly screen accurate with his first toy, so expect his Kingdom figure to be scrutinized heavily if it looks considerably off. Rattrap and Cheetor also had figures that were fairly close to their on-screen appearance, so seeing updated figures that are less accurate with a lot of prominent details (such as Rattrap's feet and Cheetor's shins) can be jarring. In contrast, some characters had original toys that barely resembled their on screen appearance, particularly Rhinox, Dinobot, and Blackarachnia. The on-screen designs and transformations of those characters do not follow the laws of physics and are not something that can be easily engineered into a toy. The fact that we actually have a Rhinox as accurate as T30 Rhinox still feels like a miracle. The fact that we now have a Blackarachnia figure as accurate as Kingdom Blackarachnia feels like a miracle. Meanwhile Kingdom Cheetor looks good, but doesn't feel like a miracle. Instead it feels like they could have been a lot more accurate if they'd wanted, but they chose not to.

Here's an example of what I mean:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The difference is staggering.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

I have the Generations figure and its fantastic. That pic seems to have reduced it to the size of the Combiner Wars figure...or the tank on Hank Pym's keychain...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    You uh.. you didnt pay much attention then. Lots of complaints when he hit shelves
    Duuuuuude, you aren't supposed to give IDW ideas!
    I love the T30 design (wish his legs were better), but he is far from an MP. Not current standards, at least. He looks like the toy got an MP, but not the show accurate figure MP strives for
    Look, Combat Hero Megatron and Powerdashers are things now. Nothing is out of the books
    I hope not, honestly. I love the 90's toy's design more than the model. The wide mouth just looks bad to me, and T30's handling of all that gold was stellar.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Thinking about all those people who assume Inferno is going to be a retool of Waspinator. It's just too heavy of a retool to be. For instance, The part where Waspinator's wings are, they may put Inferno's Ant legs there, but that would be too high.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Honestly? It must be mistransformed. The calves are so obviously sized to fit the feet, the feet even have a noticeable crease along the ball joint where they'd fold "up" against the leg closer, and the bend of said leg perfectly matches the angle of the front of the lower legs. Plus it's the exact same trick MP Cheetor pulled so there's no way they'd copy it but not copy it, y'know?

Plus again, these resin protos aren't always transformed properly.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Oh I get that Rhinox is a great figure and leagues closer in accuracy than the original. My confusion only hits when people say it can't be improved upon. It most definitely can be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't need new figures to be better than the last ones. Sometimes it's just about seeing that character or design again and being happy that it's back.

• Like Like x 21
  8. Reygn

Reygn Banned

This Warpath does look to be smaller, but we all know that barely determines the quality.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

• Like Like x 5
  10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can relate to this. I got a lot of figures just because they're that character. Hell, that's pretty much the reason behind my G1 collection. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So Warpath is a Sheridan? I guess it´s alright, but light tanks aren´t exactly my thing. I kinda wanted an M1 Abrams or M60 tank modes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Oof

• Like Like x 4
  13. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I really don't understand all the hate on these things. I've been into Beast Wars since the start and find these all to be great figures. While Rattrap might not have the best Rat mode, we certainly have other deluxe options available. We already have a damn good deluxe Rattrap, Waspinator and Voyager Rhinox from a few years ago so if these aren't your thing we still have those. Honestly I'm expecting Black Arachnia to have some parts forming to get that look but I'm not complaining too much. These aren't 100 percent accurate but they are pretty damn good for what they are.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fuckin love the drama between you guys on here!... Better than fuckin T.V

• Like Like x 17
  15. Whatthechuck3

Whatthechuck3 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks they could totally have just scaled up the BW Cheetor toy, made the Cheetah legs more articulated and engeineer them to fold more on his back in robot mode ALA the CGI model and BANG we would\'ve had a more accurate Cheetor? (and add a more detailed headsculpt) I still like this guy, but I can\'t help thinking the original toy only needed a bit of tweaking to be more show accurate than this one.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Y'know what, I think I was dead wrong on Cheetor. Those legs aren't mistransformed. I thought the bent lower segment swiveled around and folded back into the legs, which then rotated at the knee to face forward akin to the original and MP, but looking at the joint it's just a simple hinge, and the front of the best thigh has no cavity:

Cheetor2.png
    Cheetor 1.png

So yeah, those lower legs... that's a fat fuckin' oof fellow gamers.

The problem is how bulky the cheetah mode would still be. I like that they've unsleekened the beats mode but the robot mode could use more curves and dynamic shapes, and there's really not an excuse for those legs.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....I kinda like the paw kneepads.

• Like Like x 18
  18. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Blah blah blah. I’m here for the stegosaurus.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

This is about the only reason I come to the boards anymore. Endless laughs, free fucking entertainment.

• Like Like x 9
  20. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

I wonder what the actual Cheetor figures will look like in hand, due to the theory about the digibashed resin prototype and the obvious washed-out colours of the top-down pic.

• Like Like x 1