War For Cybertron Part 3: Kingdom (Beast Wars)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember John Warden say something about Call of the Primitives I wonder if they are going to try and use the story from that episode as the reason the Beast Wars happens in the Kingdom cartoon.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You called Cybershark a repaint for Sky-Byte which he isn't so I corrected you.

You claim to know he isn't but you still said he was which is why I corrected you.

Now you're going to try to claim I misunderstood what you said? There's no misunderstanding that, it's not super complicated.

Cybershark is the original version. He was never made with the intention of just being a repaint for Sky-Byte. Either way you look at it you're still wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    He said he wished the recent Sky-Bites would get Cybershark repaints, as they'd be obvious choices and Sky-Bite has so wholly overshadowed the original that it would be nice for Cybershark to get some love.

Edit: Actually, sorry. He wants og Cybershark to get a remake, and not a new Cybershark that's just a SkyBite repaint given SkyBite's the popular character who's likely to get an original mold made for him. OP knows TM Cybershark came first

• Like Like x 3
  4. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Saw this on Facebook. Trying to find the original source.

I know it was pretty obvious when they tweeted the name Kingdom was official. And with all the leaks we knew what was coming.

But I think this is the first official straight out confirmation that the Maximals and Predacons are in Kingdom.

FB_IMG_1596205465388.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I wonder if there is plans for this for the Netflix series.

6. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    The text is referring to the production of season 3 of the Netflix show. So yes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If there is one, then let's hope for at least David Kaye.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I did not.

Like, at all.

I was commenting on how some people in previous pages wanted Cybershark to be a repaint of Sky-Byte.

Do some research before trying to "correct" somebody.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they do some BW characters outside of the cast from season 1, then here are some of my guesses as to who they could do.
    Razorbeast
    Leo Prime/Lio Convoy
    Bat Optimus
    Alligator Megatron
    Sky-Byte
    Silverbolt
    Transmutate
    Rubber Ducky
    Rhino (Gen Select Rhinox maybe)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I wonder how big all the new figures will be. Personally I'm hoping we'll finally get a S1 BW Megs that isn't either super tiny (I.E. the Robotmasters version) or super big (I.E. the original and its repaints). Something in the range of TM Megs and TM Primal would be great.

Also we desperately need an updated Cheetor that isn't utter shite. And remold him into Tigatron, pronto.

Also...what are the odds they'll try to make a show accurate Blackarachnia mold work as a standard retail figure? And what are the odds she won't be way too huge?

11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Extremely doubtful. Hasbro is going non-union for voice work - and it shows with most of the cast. Optimus is decent. Wheeljack is great. Megatron is only so-so. Starscream is spot-on. The rest are middling to atrocious...

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I thought the voice cast was more good than "middling to atrocious". Seriously, the idea that non union = shitty just needs to stop. Some really great voice casts have been non union (TMNT 2003 for example)

• Like Like x 5
  13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    When the proof is in the so-called pudding...it's pretty hard not to generalize as such.

Think of it this way. Non-union voice acting is like buying a knock-off Transformer. There are some really good ones. And there are some really bad ones. But there's really no quality control mechanism to filter the bad ones out so your chances of getting poorer acting increases.

And just like official Transformers, you will still get some duds even in the union. But the chances are smaller.

In WfC, you can tell who did their homework and who just popped in to take a paycheck.

Honestly, though, the worst thing of all is the mixing levels. There are times when voice work simply gets drowned out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Sorry, I work in an industry with unions (commercial construction), and I can't agree with this. I've worked with some guys that came over from unions and they were some of the worst at their jobs in my company. Unions also tend to have very low "QC" as you put it because as long as you are willing to pay your union dues then you can be in the union.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

How much of the consternation against the supposed bad voice acting here is because they don't sound exactly the same as the character did in 84-85? I mean, I get it, I grew up with them back then, but I think just because it's different doesn't mean it's shitty straight off.

I've only watched a little bit so far and haven't been completely pulled out of the show by the voice acting. I'll probably have more to say on the matter once I get through the whole thing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't understand how being or not being union is a gauge of quality-- at least with voice work. I enjoyed WFC-Siege Megatron. Starscream was also a lot of fun (as others have pointed out.)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I felt a few voices themselves were off (Ironhide and Hound stand out to me), but they delivered pretty well. Elita-1 has a great actress who delivers her lines well but I don't see much mention of her.

Soundwave though.. yeesh. Man is a great actor, look at his Magnus lines, just.. they didn't land it very well

• Like Like x 2
  18. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was because most of them were graduates of the William Shatner School of Dramatic Pauses. The movement in the animation was plodding enough, we didn't need to have most of the cast talk like they were struggling for oxygen. Someone here posted that the show actually looks and sounds better at 1.25% speed. The story is still boring, but at least it moves like a cartoon instead of flip book animation. At 1.50% speed it's almost a Trigger show. ;) 

19. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Legacy):
    It's more of a case that more prolific, higher-profile voice actors are often union members, while newer talents aren't always.

I'm no G1 purist, but most versions of Transformers use voice actors with really distinct styles-- whether it's a goofy accent, some vocal tic, or just unique intonation. That's something that's present throughout the whole franchise. Siege is really lacking in distinctive voices, which I'm willing to guess has to do with the voice direction. Lackluster voice direction also explains the over-dramatic pauses and grunting.

• Like Like x 3
  20. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Like I said, the proof is in the pudding. Perhaps the commercial construction unions are different from actors' unions - but the quality of voice work from unions is invariably better, with a few exceptions. Furthermore, we know from interviews that Cullen and Welker share the same feelings.
    Peter Cullen and Frank Welker discuss Hasbro's use of non-union actors at GalaxyCon Richmond

I'd hate to hear Soundwave at 1.5% speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020