War for Cybertron Optimus Prime's gun

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Aug 23, 2010.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I'm wandering if anyone else has any problems with the gun that came with WfC Prime.

I took a close look at the pictures on the box and in the instructions and it looks like the piece that holds the storage mode together was attached the wrong way. The pictures show it standing vertically in gun mode but the actual toy has it spring loaded so it's horizontal in gun mode.

The clip itself seems to be too small to actually hold together in storage mode. Mine just pops back into gun mode when I breath on it. Also the peg to attach it to the vehicle mode is too small and it doesn't stay in. Add the spring loaded storage mode and you got a gun that launches. You're suppose to shoot Decepticons not give them your gun.

The actual gun itself isn't bad, just the storage mode seems to not work and I have to attach it to his vehicle mode with a different peg sense the side peg is really small and useless.

Anyway I'm just wandering if anyone else has these issues of it's just mine.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ My storage mode doesn't work either. It's disappointing, but not a big deal to me since I don't keep him in truck mode anyway.

ATTN HASBRO: I haven't seen a spring-loaded weapon gimmick that works yet. It ruined RotF Deluxe Ratchet. Just stop.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine is quite sensitive as well. I really haven't used storage mode.

My suspicion is that what you're dealing with is a weakness in design, vs a defect.

As long is it will fold up and stay (as long as you don't breath on it), it's about the same as mine.